PDA

View Full Version : Bleacher Report: 2 Round Mock

DraftBoy
10-19-2009, 07:57 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/274562-2010-nfl-mock-draft-october-edition/show_full

5) Buffalo: Russell Okung (OT Oklahoma State)

It is hard to assume Okung is a safe pick. Although he is a dominating lineman, it is unclear if he will ever be good enough to play on the left side in his pro career. His upside is clear, with outstanding size, long arms, and quick feet, and Okung can certainly play. He may need some coaching, which could come from an entirely new staff in Buffalo.

37) Buffalo: Nate Allen (S South Florida)

If you haven't heard of the "Golden Child," perk up your ears. The Fort Myers native is an athletic freak with great football skills. He doesn't get a lot of publicity playing for the Bulls, but will end up playing in every All-Star game after the season. The selection of Allen pairs him with Donte Whitner and allows Jairus Byrd to move back to CB.

Not a big fan of the 2nd Round pick, would rather have Kindle, Austin, or Oghobaase here. If Meredith and Bell continue to develop we may not need the 1st round OT either. Could switch it to...Berry, Locker, or McCoy.

Don't Panic
10-19-2009, 07:59 PM
I see Byrd settling in at FS, no?

PECKERWOOD
10-19-2009, 08:00 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/274562-2010-nfl-mock-draft-october-edition/show_full

Not a big fan of the 2nd Round pick, would rather have Kindle, Austin, or Oghobaase here. If Meredith and Bell continue to develop we may not need the 1st round OT either. Could switch it to...Berry, Locker, or McCoy.

5.) Jimmy Clausen, QB, Notre Dame

37.) Charles Brown, OT, USC

Do you like that, DB?

Two big time players from big time programs.

Jaybird
10-19-2009, 08:03 PM
Byrd will remain at FS

not a good mock draft

DraftBoy
10-19-2009, 08:03 PM

Do you like that, DB?

Two big time players from big time programs.

Not at all.

Not a fan of Clausen and Brown goes 16 to Green Bay so he's not avail at 37.

yordad
10-19-2009, 08:04 PM

Do you like that, DB?

Two big time players from big time programs.Any mock that includes a QB picked with our 1st is better, IMO.

PECKERWOOD
10-19-2009, 08:05 PM
Not at all.

Not a fan of Clausen and Brown goes 16 to Green Bay so he's not avail at 37.

Why don't you like Clausen? He is potentially the most NFL ready QB of the 2010 class. Can make all the throws. Avoids the rush. Mentored by an offensive genius in Charlie Weiss.

Glad to see we agree on Brown, I think he'd be a great fit with the linemen we've been bringing in lately. Tough as nails, athletic, I'm hoping he ends up in Buffalo, most of all.

Mr. Pink
10-19-2009, 08:06 PM
Jimmy Claussen makes Brady Quinn look good, that's all I gotta say.

TacklingDummy
10-19-2009, 08:07 PM
We need a franchise QB. Those are seldom found outside of round 1. Anything but a QB in round one and the Bills draft grade is a F.

psubills62
10-19-2009, 08:07 PM
Actually, even if Bell and Meredith continue to develop, I still want a first or second-round OT.

I'm looking at some of the news around the league and these first and second round OT's end up being starters due to injury during the year. I think we need to build depth on the lines. Of course, it depends on who is there when we pick, but I certainly wouldn't be against Okung.

The Giants have one of the best OL's in football, but drafted Beatty and he's probably going to start. Ravens had a very good OL and drafted Oher, now he's starting.

I agree with DB about the second round pick, though. Don't need a S right now, imo. Some people may not agree, but I see our safeties as being three deep with Byrd/Whitner/Scott (assuming we re-sign Scott). I think we've got other problem areas to work on.

PECKERWOOD
10-19-2009, 08:10 PM
We need a franchise QB. Those are seldom found outside of round 1. Anything but a QB in round one and the Bills draft grade is a F.

I just hope they don't **** around, trade up to get your guy if you have to. We need a QB, a face of the franchise, especially on offense.

tampabay25690
10-19-2009, 08:10 PM
Clausen NO WAY...
The Bills will pick a QB in Free agency my opinion and draft 1 possibly in the 4-6 round.

I really don't like this QB class anymore I Luved it last year and no so much now....
All these guys are showing alot of weakness now.
IMO

DraftBoy
10-19-2009, 08:11 PM
Why don't you like Clausen? He is potentially the most NFL ready QB of the 2010 class. Can make all the throws. Avoids the rush. Mentored by an offensive genius in Charlie Weiss.

Glad to see we agree on Brown, I think he'd be a great fit with the linemen we've been bringing in lately. Tough as nails, athletic, I'm hoping he ends up in Buffalo, most of all.

I dont think he is even close to NFL ready. His decision making has a long way to go and he doesnt play well under any kind of pressure. His arm is questionable as his deep ball flutters. His best throw is his intermediate throw over the middle. He also forces throws and doesnt have the arm of his gunslinger mentality.

We didnt agree about Brown at all, I simply said that it was impossible to take Brown at 37 because he went at 16 to Green Bay.

DraftBoy
10-19-2009, 08:12 PM

They are also not recently found from any big time programs either.

DraftBoy
10-19-2009, 08:12 PM
Actually, even if Bell and Meredith continue to develop, I still want a first or second-round OT.

I'm looking at some of the news around the league and these first and second round OT's end up being starters due to injury during the year. I think we need to build depth on the lines. Of course, it depends on who is there when we pick, but I certainly wouldn't be against Okung.

The Giants have one of the best OL's in football, but drafted Beatty and he's probably going to start. Ravens had a very good OL and drafted Oher, now he's starting.

I agree with DB about the second round pick, though. Don't need a S right now, imo. Some people may not agree, but I see our safeties as being three deep with Byrd/Whitner/Scott (assuming we re-sign Scott). I think we've got other problem areas to work on.

Butler is a very capable fill in and very versatile. Too many other holes to fill to take another OT that high.

X-Era
10-19-2009, 08:13 PM

Jake Locker he we come.

DraftBoy
10-19-2009, 08:14 PM
Jake Locker he we come.

I dont think he'll be leaving and he's still a good baseball prospect as well. No guarantee he's going to play football.

TacklingDummy
10-19-2009, 08:15 PM
So what QB's are considered round 1 material?

X-Era
10-19-2009, 08:16 PM
I dont think he'll be leaving and he's still a good baseball prospect as well. No guarantee he's going to play football.

I was being... whats the opposite of antagonizing... tagonizing?

Its too early still.

PECKERWOOD
10-19-2009, 08:19 PM
I dont think he is even close to NFL ready. His decision making has a long way to go and he doesnt play well under any kind of pressure. His arm is questionable as his deep ball flutters. His best throw is his intermediate throw over the middle. He also forces throws and doesnt have the arm of his gunslinger mentality.

We didnt agree about Brown at all, I simply said that it was impossible to take Brown at 37 because he went at 16 to Green Bay.

Really? Not even close? I'd take Clausen over Bradford, McCoy, Tebow & Snead. I'm not going to comment on Locker - yet, I haven't caught many games of his, but I'm guessing all the hype surrounding him is because of the Washington upset of USC, even though it was a low scoring game, but that's just my uneducated opinion, I should know more within the next couple weeks.

I know you like Baluga and Okung, but the problem with that is both will be gone in the top 10, which is where we need a franchise QB.

X-Era
10-19-2009, 08:20 PM
Really? Not even close? I'd take Clausen over Bradford, McCoy, Tebow & Snead. I'm not going to comment on Locker - yet, I haven't caught many games of his, but I'm guessing all the hype surrounding him is because of the Washington upset of USC, even though it was a low scoring game, but that's just my uneducated opinion, I should know more within the next couple weeks.

I know you like Baluga and Okung, but the problem with that is both will be gone in the top 10, which is where we need a franchise QB.
Im sounding like a broken record... its too early to predict where these guys will go or even if they come out as DB said.

DraftBoy
10-19-2009, 08:23 PM
So what QB's are considered round 1 material?

Depends on who declares early. Right now;

McCoy
Pike

X-Era
10-19-2009, 08:25 PM
Depends on who declares early. Right now;

McCoy
Bradford
Pike
I think you could add Clausen late round 1. Locker in the 1st as well.

DraftBoy
10-19-2009, 08:28 PM

First off I dont even think Clausen is leaving early so this discussion is somewhat pointless, imo. But Id take him over Bradford, McCoy, and Tebow but that's not saying anything special at all.

DraftBoy
10-19-2009, 08:28 PM
I think you could add Clausen late round 1. Locker in the 1st as well.

Not projecting juniors at this point.

BillsWin
10-19-2009, 08:29 PM
Sam Bradford at 5.

Trade up to get Anthony Davis.

X-Era
10-19-2009, 08:31 PM
Not projecting juniors at this point.

You listed Bradford in your response.

DraftBoy
10-19-2009, 08:39 PM
You listed Bradford in your response.
Ill edit him out.

X-Era
10-19-2009, 08:39 PM
Ill edit him out.

I just thought you were keeping me on my toes... :up:

DraftBoy
10-19-2009, 08:43 PM
I just thought you were keeping me on my toes... :up:

No Im just really tired tonight.

k-oneputt
10-19-2009, 08:48 PM
They had better not take McCoy in the 1st. He should be going in the 3rd. Way overrated.

TigerJ
10-19-2009, 09:12 PM
They haven't done their homework on the Bills. The Bills never drafted Byrd to be a corner back. They drafted him to do exactly what he's doing now. If he gets a half dozen or so interceptions from the safety position the idiot talk about moving him back to corner back will disappear

DesertFox24
10-20-2009, 07:38 AM
I doubt we pick in the top 5...

We will somehow finish 6-10 or 7-9 again and be picking 8-13.

Italian Stallion
10-20-2009, 07:51 AM
I personally think we could just roll with Tony Pike next year...kid reminds me alot of Joe Flacco comeing out of Delaware St, and he's obviously played against better competition in the Big East

So whatever we had to do to snag him I'd be all for.

Bills Juggernaut
10-20-2009, 08:21 AM

WOW. Have you even watched him this year? I would say what you wrote is somewhat true after his first 2 years but definitely not since the Hawaii bowl game last year.

He has been under pressure all year this year with an OL that makes too many mental mistakes.

His deep ball does not flutter. He puts a lot of air under his deep throws and allows his receivers time to run under it. Very rarely is a deep throw thrown short or off target. Watch all of the Golden Tate and Michael Floyd long ball catches.

You question his decision making but he has 65% completion rate along with 14 TD's and only 2 INT's. And that's with him losing, in my opinion, his best WR in game 3 this year with horrible backup WR's taking his place (Barry Gallup anyone?).

He's lead 3 late 4th quarter TD drives to win games, and had 2 others that should have won games (Michigan and, if not for a slipping Duval Kumara, USC).<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Ingtar33
10-20-2009, 09:02 AM

Clausen needs another year in college before he's NFL ready.

and we'll have to finish at 2-14 to pick in the top 5. we're probably going to finish at 4 or 5 wins, which will probably put us up to 8-13 because there are so many terrible teams this year.

Ed
10-20-2009, 10:03 AM
With young guys on OL like Bell, Wood, and Levitre, I really like the idea of getting one more stud OT so they can all grow together and give us the chance at having a really great OL for at least a few years.

All these qb's seem way too questionable to me right now, so hopefully with 10 games left Edwards can find his groove and have a strong finish and become the guy we need. Obviously that would be best case scenario because I really don't want qb to have to be a need going into next year.

I also like the idea of grabbing a stud DT, but I guess that depends a lot too on what kind of defense we're running next year.

DraftBoy
10-20-2009, 10:40 AM
WOW. Have you even watched him this year? I would say what you wrote is somewhat true after his first 2 years but definitely not since the Hawaii bowl game last year.

He has been under pressure all year this year with an OL that makes too many mental mistakes.

His deep ball does not flutter. He puts a lot of air under his deep throws and allows his receivers time to run under it. Very rarely is a deep throw thrown short or off target. Watch all of the Golden Tate and Michael Floyd long ball catches.

You question his decision making but he has 65% completion rate along with 14 TD's and only 2 INT's. And that's with him losing, in my opinion, his best WR in game 3 this year with horrible backup WR's taking his place (Barry Gallup anyone?).

He's lead 3 late 4th quarter TD drives to win games, and had 2 others that should have won games (Michigan and, if not for a slipping Duval Kumara, USC).<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Nope being a Notre Dame fan Ive missed every Notre Dame game this season.

clumping platelets
10-20-2009, 11:13 AM
5) DT Suh

move up into late 1st for OT Jason Fix

:nod:

DraftBoy
10-20-2009, 11:16 AM
5) DT Suh

move up into late 1st for OT Jason Fix

:nod:

Suh went #1 overall.

clumping platelets
10-20-2009, 12:03 PM
:teary:

Demon
10-20-2009, 12:14 PM

wow, mock drafts around and we're not even out of October yet. Man i love this forum. I don't like that mock at all, i think players are over rated and some really under rated and no way Colt McCoy escapes the first round. We'll truly see his arm strength at the combine but i really doubt it.

But i'll play with it. If it all falls down as this guy has it going down, i'd really like to see Brandon Spikes with the first pick and then in the 2nd round select Marvin Austin in the 2nd round.

Hope the new coach can bring in a talented OLine coach and maybe bring in a vet to help out. And if McCoy drops to mid-50's, it means his work outs sucked and id stay away from him at that point.

kernowboy
10-20-2009, 05:16 PM
I think Bruce Campbell will really climb maybe into the Top10 and I'd like to see us take him there as he has the most potential of all the linemen.

I'd take a flyer on Pat Devlin in R2 as he has been awesome for Delaware (Joe Flacco Mk2) and has all the necessary arm strength.

And just for some controversy, I'd trade Mashawn Lynch and draft Arthur Jones E/T as an early step towards moving to a 3-4

and that R6 from the Eagles? That becomes James Starks who'll makes us ask Mashawn who?

1a Bruce Campbell, Maryland, LT
1b Arthur Jones, Syracuse, E/T
2 Pat Devlin, Delaware, QB
3 Sean Lee, Penn St, LB
6a
6b James Starks, Buffalo

Jan Reimers
10-20-2009, 05:35 PM
Even after being injured all year, Starks will probably not drop to the 6th round. He would be a steal there if he does.

tampabay25690
10-20-2009, 07:06 PM
I personally think we could just roll with Tony Pike next year...kid reminds me alot of Joe Flacco comeing out of Delaware St, and he's obviously played against better competition in the Big East

So whatever we had to do to snag him I'd be all for.

He also reminds me of RYAN LEAF as well....
Im not a PIKE guy at all......
Maybe its just me but the guy has to hit the weight room real fast before he steps foot on a NFL team....

Demon
10-20-2009, 07:54 PM
Not only will Pike need to prove himself at the combine, he'll also need to prove to scouts he's healthy enough. A guy with his injuries i would not take a risk on if i were the Bills. But in my personal opinion, i wouldn't take a chance on a healthy Pike. I'm just not a fan of his game and think he's a system QB. But, for the love of god, let's not bring back those debates. haha

PECKERWOOD
10-20-2009, 08:57 PM
He also reminds me of RYAN LEAF as well....
Im not a PIKE guy at all......
Maybe its just me but the guy has to hit the weight room real fast before he steps foot on a NFL team....

I'm kinda curious about Jevan Snead as well. :idunno:

X-Era
10-21-2009, 05:36 AM
I'm kinda curious about Jevan Snead as well. :idunno:

Snead has looked really bad way too often this year. His decision making has been very bad, and he just looks clueless at times.

LifetimeBillsFan
10-21-2009, 07:44 AM
I want McCoy with the Bills' first pick. No, not Colt, but Gerald McCoy.

I've seen Suh in a couple of games this year already (as well as last season) and he is good. But, I like what I have seen of McCoy better.

Why do I want a DT instead of an offensive lineman or QB in the first round? Because, with the rules being what they are, the only way to stop offenses in the NFL--which you must be able to do to win a championship!--is with a good defensive line that can get to the QB with only 4 men and still stop the run.

McCoy is a disruptor that opposing offenses will have to double-team to control. He can push the pocket from the middle and is good against the run.

Stroud is very good, but he isn't getting younger. Kyle Williams has really developed nicely. But, adding McCoy will not only make those two guys better (McCoy can play the 1-technique, where Williams currently starts, while both Stroud and Williams can play the 3-tech), but make it difficult for opposing offensive lines to double up on the Bills' DEs (and Maybin will be better next year).

Yes, the Bills need help on the offensive side of the ball, but, if he is available when the Bills make their pick, McCoy has the ability to become a difference-maker on the defensive side of the ball--and the Bills need players who have the ability to be a difference-maker on both sides of the ball.

One of the reasons that I would go with a defensive player that has the potential to be a difference-maker over any offensive player in the first round is the fact that this is supposed to be a very deep draft (that's one of the reasons that there weren't a lot of trades this year--teams didn't want to give up their picks in this draft). While there are a number of very good QB prospects in this draft, right now none of the top prospects appears to be a "sure thing".

If he were healthy, Sam Bradford would be the obvious first choice at QB--and might be the guy that I would like the Bills to use their first pick on over Gerald McCoy. But, like Trent Edwards, he has had some injuries in college and, coming off two injuries to his throwing shoulder, there are a lot of questions about his durability--even if his shoulder is OK again after surgery. And, there is no guarantee that he will recover his arm strength after his shoulder surgery: he could end up being much like Chad Pennington post-surgery. Bradford is now such a risk that he could end up slipping into the second round or even lower in this deep draft.

Tony Pike has come a long way since he was a 5th stringer and has shown the kind of ability to learn and improve that could make him a good NFL QB. But, Pike also has injury issues: like Poz he has a plate in his left arm and has just had surgery on that arm again. I like Pike and think that he could become a big-time NFL QB, but he still has a long way to go to get to that point--I think it will take a couple of years at least--and I worry that he will never get to that point.

Snead has a big-time NFL caliber arm, but he isn't all that accurate and his game has really regressed this year. I don't know if he has the mind to make it in the NFL or not and fear that he could become another JP Losman.

I've watched Dane Locker since he was a freshman for the Huskies. He has a big-time arm and a Tebow-type attitude. But...he can be terribly inaccurate and has made some horrendous decisions with the ball. Also, until this season, he was a guy who would often look to run rather than look for his second receiver if his first option wasn't open on a play. He has improved a LOT this season under Steve Sarkisian's tutelage, but he is going to need to have a very good QB coach in the NFL to keep him focused, disciplined and continuing his development. IMHO he is very much a "boom or bust" prospect who will need time to develop.

I hate Tim Tebow--because I despise his style of play--but the guy is a winner. He's got the arm strength, but his mechanics are so messed up that a lot of NFL scouts think that he will never be able to make it in the NFL. I don't know--I wouldn't risk a high first round pick on him, but a guy with his ability to find a way to win games is rare and he might be worth a second or third round "flyer" simply because finding a way to get the ball to where it needs to go and being able to win games can be more important than having good mechanics sometimes.

That same thing applies to Colt McCoy in my book. He doesn't have ideal size or arm-strength, but he knows how to win and has won some pretty big games. His gun-slinger approach scares me, but he does get results. I'd be tempted to use a mid-to-lower first round pick on him, but I have enough reservations about him (I really want to see how he does at The Combine, etc.) that, at this point, I wouldn't use a top 10 pick on him. He's another guy that, like Drew Brees, just might slip out of the first round into the early second round in this deep draft.

Jimmy Clausen has come a long way since his freshman year. I've only caught him a couple of times this year, but he has looked good in those games generally. I expected him to have developed more and quicker under Charlie Weis, but, at this point, he looks like he has the potential to become a pretty good NFL QB, if he plays in the right system. Like Colt McCoy, I wouldn't use a high first round pick on him, but would be tempted to take him late in the first round and would be very happy to take him in the second round, if he were to fall that far (although I doubt that he would come out of school if he wasn't pretty sure that he would go high in Round 1).

With the questions that I have about the QBs in this draft class, I just don't see any of them being worth passing on a difference-maker like I see Gerald McCoy becoming. And, the same applies (although for different reasons), with regard to taking an offensive lineman.

I wouldn't use a top 10 pick on any offensive line position other than left tackle unless the player was so dominant that he was "head and shoulders" above the other prospects at his position--and I'm not sure that that is the case this year. And, right now, at left tackle I see the Bills being pretty much set with Demetrius Bell--who still has a way to go, but is getting valuable experience this season.

That being said, I think the Bills are also set with Hangartner at center and Wood at right guard. Andy Levitre has shown himself to be a battler at left guard, but is taking a beating because he simply isn't strong enough to deal with the bigger NFL DTs. I expect that he will get stronger this coming offseason and will continue to develop and get better, so the Bills should be in pretty good shape at his position next year as well.

That leave right tackle as the position that the Bills might need to look to strengthen early in this years draft. Right now, Jamon Meridith is getting a pretty stiff audition there. Like Levitre and Bell, Meridith still has a way to go to be a good NFL offensive lineman, but we should have some idea of whether he has the potential to become one by the end of this season. If Meridith shows that he has the ability to hold down the position, the Bills will be in pretty good shape on the offensive line with Butler coming back.

As I see it, if the Bills feel that they need to bring in an offensive tackle to challenge Meridith, this draft is deep enough that they should be able to get a pretty good tackle prospect in the second round--someone who can challenge for a starting RT spot and perhaps be the back-up for Bell at LT. If Meridith shows well and looks like he will become a solid starting RT, the Bills can wait to draft an offensive lineman until the 3rd round or later.

The only way that I would use a high first round draft pick on an offensive lineman would be if Bell doesn't show improvement over the course of this season and the Bills feel that they need to draft a more polished LT prospect to replace him as the starter. It's possible that they could do that, but I don't think that they would pass up a potential difference-maker on the defensive line to do that. I think that, given the depth of this draft, they will look to add to their offensive line depth later in the draft or through free agency.

The only player that I would consider taking over Gerald McCoy (or instead of him if he were already gone) would be Brandon Spikes. I've liked what I have seen of Spikes the last couple of years, but really was convinced that he can be a difference-maker when I saw what Florida's defense looked like without him last week--sometimes you don't realize just how much of an impact and a difference a player makes until he is absent from the game. While I wonder what impact Takeo Spikes' tenure in Buffalo and feelings about the organization would have on Brandon Spikes (I doubt TKO thinks highly of the Bills at this stage), I think he would be good enough at MLB to warrant moving Poz back to the outside, where I think he would be a better player.

I'm not averse to the Bills drafting a QB in this year's draft, but I just don't see any QB in this draft class being enough of a "sure thing" to merit the Bills taking a QB when they will be drafting in the first round--especially since at least one team will likely have already taken a QB by that time. Given the depth of this draft class and the questions that I have about the quality of the QBs in it, I think the Bills may be able to get just as good a prospect--with as many question-marks about his ability--in the second or third round as they will be able to get by the time that they pick in the first round (which I'm anticipating will be 8-11th in the 1st round). That being the case, I would not want to see them pass on getting a potential difference-maker, even if it is on defense, to take a QB. And, if they feel that they need to draft an offensive lineman, I think that they can get the caliber of talent that they need there in the second round or later in this draft (as long as Bell continues to develop).

But, of course, that's just my opinion.

DraftBoy
10-21-2009, 07:46 AM
Great post as always. I really want Suh or McCoy in this draft class. The DT's in this class are so sick its incredible!

k-oneputt
10-21-2009, 09:29 AM
Damn LBF that was some post. I see you are a big college f-ball fan. I wish you were our gm.

I would never complain drafting a dominate lineman on either side of the ball. Game is still won on the line and the qb position. The Bills may be starting to realize that.

Personally I like Locker and then Clausen for qb. I doubt either last to the 2nd rd. though.

DraftBoy
10-21-2009, 10:36 AM
Damn LBF that was some post. I see you are a big college f-ball fan. I wish you were our gm.

I would never complain drafting a dominate lineman on either side of the ball. Game is still won on the line and the qb position. The Bills may be starting to realize that.

Personally I like Locker and then Clausen for qb. I doubt either last to the 2nd rd. though.

At this point Im kinda doubting either decalre. QB's do not traditionally declare early for the draft.

kernowboy
10-21-2009, 11:56 AM
The possibility of a lock out and a possible rookie pay scale has led the suggestion that a greater number of underclassmen will declare this year to make sure they get the biggest offer possible.

DraftBoy
10-21-2009, 12:06 PM
The possibility of a lock out and a possible rookie pay scale has led the suggestion that a greater number of underclassmen will declare this year to make sure they get the biggest offer possible.

Yea I know that, still dont see it happening. Agents will talk and maybe a few more skill position guys jump but QB's just dont traditionally do that and I dont think many of the underclassmen are going to get high ratings coming out.

Marvelous
10-22-2009, 03:24 AM
59) Cincinnati: Jermaine Gresham (TE Oklahoma)
--Hey Pat, You still gonna wanna use our top 15 pick on a TE this year? :lol:
:p

FlyingDutchman
10-22-2009, 11:45 AM
mock drafts a week before the draft are usually pointless and inaccurate sooooo.......

DraftBoy
10-22-2009, 11:46 AM
mock drafts a week before the draft are usually pointless and inaccurate sooooo.......

This is clearly then more accurate and reflective of our probable pick come April!

X-Era
10-22-2009, 05:02 PM
If drafting a QB in this years draft means we are finally landing our franchise QB Im all for it.

How do we know that? We dont.

Is it possible that we could be? Maybe, Im not willing to give my opinion on that yet until I see more from the prospects.

Is it a sure thing? Never.

BuffaloBlitz83
10-22-2009, 05:27 PM
Draftboy, Do you like m selections.

1 Jake Locker QB Washington

2 Anthony Davis OT Rutgers

DraftBoy
10-22-2009, 07:31 PM
Draftboy, Do you like m selections.

1 Jake Locker QB Washington

2 Anthony Davis OT Rutgers

I dont see enough out of Locker yet to warrant that high of a pick quite yet. Potentially it makes sense, but he hasnt quite proven he can put it all together yet.

Davis may be a luxury pick if Meredith and Bell continue to play the way they have so far.

Demon
10-22-2009, 09:02 PM

You would be ok with Clausen? You would not be worried about drafting yet another California QB? Johnson, Losman, Edwards. I'm just wondering. To me, i think you should evaluate each player diffrently but i just think that maybe there's something between California QBs and cold weather climates that just doesn't go well? I personally wouldn't even think an ounce to draft Clausen based on where he's from. And with Mark Sanchez struggling in cold, it just puts me further away from Clausen. But you're not worried about that? I'm asking in a serious question as to why not?

PECKERWOOD
10-22-2009, 09:42 PM
You would be ok with Clausen? You would not be worried about drafting yet another California QB? Johnson, Losman, Edwards. I'm just wondering. To me, i think you should evaluate each player diffrently but i just think that maybe there's something between California QBs and cold weather climates that just doesn't go well? I personally wouldn't even think an ounce to draft Clausen based on where he's from. And with Mark Sanchez struggling in cold, it just puts me further away from Clausen. But you're not worried about that? I'm asking in a serious question as to why not?

He's been playing in Indiana which gets pretty darn chilly, he should be used to it by now.

k-oneputt
10-22-2009, 10:09 PM
Peckerwood just answered the question for me.

Locker reminds me of Kelly the way he carries himself on the field. He has all the physical skills and playing for Sark. hs really helped him. Of course if he came to buffalo where the coaching is below avg.?????

Draft Locker and hire Sark. as the head coach.

Mad Bomber
10-24-2009, 12:07 PM

Get used to it. Neil (LBF) is one of the premiere posters on this board IMO. I have been on the Zone since the beginning, and he is on my A list as one of the posters whose every post is worth reading. He doesn't post a whole lot (compared to some) but his posts are intelligent and well thought out. They are inevitably long, because he takes the time to make his points and give the reasoning behind them. Some people don't like to take the time to read and digest his long posts, but they are well worth reading, and reading carefully.