• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Buffalo Bills: Bullets & Bits

An assortment of Tuesday morning thoughts.

LINK

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • Mad Bomber
    • Jul 2002

Re: Buffalo Bills: Bullets & Bits

Again, the book has yet to be written– but early indications are the Bills missed big time with Maybin.
    The Bills blowing it with a first round draft choice? Who'd have thought it?

Comment

• Ed
      Dude
      • Sep 2002

Are we really that much better against the run with Donte Whitner playing? I haven't been one to criticize him, but I thought he looked particularly bad on Sunday. I thought he took a lot of bad angles, which took him out of a lot of plays and allowed them to make big gains with the run.

Comment

• Raptor
        • Jan 2009

To make plays Maybin has to be on the field, Orakpo is a starter while Maybin gets maybe 5 plays a game.

Sure you could say he's being out played in practice but this coaching staff time and time again has shown far to much loyalty to avg vet starters over younger players w/ clearly more upside. How Long did it take them to get Greer, FjAx, and Peters on the field? The list goes on and on so I dont really trust there eyes as to who the better player are on this team
        Last edited by Raptor; 10-20-2009, 10:11 AM.

Comment

• Raptor
          • Jan 2009

I like Draft but next time Poz goes down, and he will go down again, I want to see A.Waters take his place that guy was an absolute hammer against the run in college

Comment

• yordad
            • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Raptor
            To make plays Maybin has to be on the field, Orakpo is a starter while Maybin gets maybe 5 plays a game.

Sure you could say he's being out played in practice but this coaching staff time and time again has shown far to much loyalty to avg vet starters over younger players w/ clearly more upside. How Long did it take them to get Greer, FjAx, and Peters on the field? The list goes on and on so I dont really trust there eyes as to who the better player are on this team
            Maybin has gotten about 60 snaps this year and looked horrible in every single one.
            "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Raptor
              • Jan 2009

Originally posted by yordad
              Maybin has gotten about 60 snaps this year and looked horrible in every single one.

Not true at all, he would have a sack right now if R.Brown of Miami hadnt completely blown his block against Denney. Maybin completely roasted Carey with a spin move on that play

Comment

• trapezeus
                Legendary Zoner
                • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Ed
                Are we really that much better against the run with Donte Whitner playing? I haven't been one to criticize him, but I thought he looked particularly bad on Sunday. I thought he took a lot of bad angles, which took him out of a lot of plays and allowed them to make big gains with the run.
                I hear what you are saying, specifically on those two long runs, however, i think he was playing the contain. If the runner bounced outside, he was there to prevent it going long. I'm no donte fan, but i think he was positioned correctly...our LB's got blown off the ball and the gap was gigantic. Perhaps the ends are going to have to run more of a straight line back to hold the contain and let whitner drop back a little to fill in the gaps.

Comment

• trapezeus
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Oct 2004

hmm, based on my theory of 1st round picks, Maybin is suppose to be mildly servicable and out of buffalo by 2013 and then play up to his level of talent.

I read another quote from maybin saying that he's just doing what he's told so he isn't asking questions. Kind of a damaging quote. I believe he was talking about not asking questions about dropping back into the LB position. I think he knows he should be there especially right now. But apparently we can't take advantage of a 3-4 defense and we can't play a 3-4 defense.

Comment

• WeAreArthurMoates
                    • Feb 2009

It's just silly to call maybin a bust right now.

Comment

• BuffaloBlitz83
                      We play to win the game!
                      • Oct 2009

Man, Michael Oher would look good in Buffalo right now.

Comment

• billsburgh
                        • Jul 2003

Originally posted by WeAreMarshawn23
                        but it's not unrealistic to expect something more from the # 11 overall pick. he has been a BIG disappointment.

Comment

• Griz78
                          • Sep 2002

He's better suited as a 3-4 OLB. Orakpo is also playing more OLB I believe

Comment

• trapezeus
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Oct 2004

Originally posted by WeAreMarshawn23
                            you're right. right now, he's severely underperforming. 2 years from now, we'll be calling him a bust, unless a better coaching staff can understand his strengths and help him with his weaknesses.

Jauron just gets these kids to feel good about themselves, but he can't put them in a position to succeed on any given sunday.

Comment

• Raptor
                              • Jan 2009

Originally posted by billsburgh
                              but it's not unrealistic to expect something more from the # 11 overall pick. he has been a BIG disappointment.

The disappointment is our coaching staff lack of use or maybe having no clue how to use him

Comment

Working...
                              X