PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo Bills: Bullets & Bits

patmoran2006
10-20-2009, 09:55 AM
An assortment of Tuesday morning thoughts.

LINK (http://www.buffalosportsdaily.com/2009/10/buffalo-bills-bullets-bits/)

Mad Bomber
10-20-2009, 10:06 AM
Again, the book has yet to be written– but early indications are the Bills missed big time with Maybin.

The Bills blowing it with a first round draft choice? Who'd have thought it?

Ed
10-20-2009, 10:10 AM
Are we really that much better against the run with Donte Whitner playing? I haven't been one to criticize him, but I thought he looked particularly bad on Sunday. I thought he took a lot of bad angles, which took him out of a lot of plays and allowed them to make big gains with the run.

Raptor
10-20-2009, 10:10 AM
To make plays Maybin has to be on the field, Orakpo is a starter while Maybin gets maybe 5 plays a game.

Sure you could say he's being out played in practice but this coaching staff time and time again has shown far to much loyalty to avg vet starters over younger players w/ clearly more upside. How Long did it take them to get Greer, FjAx, and Peters on the field? The list goes on and on so I dont really trust there eyes as to who the better player are on this team

Raptor
10-20-2009, 10:16 AM
I like Draft but next time Poz goes down, and he will go down again, I want to see A.Waters take his place that guy was an absolute hammer against the run in college

yordad
10-20-2009, 10:17 AM
To make plays Maybin has to be on the field, Orakpo is a starter while Maybin gets maybe 5 plays a game.

Sure you could say he's being out played in practice but this coaching staff time and time again has shown far to much loyalty to avg vet starters over younger players w/ clearly more upside. How Long did it take them to get Greer, FjAx, and Peters on the field? The list goes on and on so I dont really trust there eyes as to who the better player are on this teamMaybin has gotten about 60 snaps this year and looked horrible in every single one.

Raptor
10-20-2009, 10:33 AM
Maybin has gotten about 60 snaps this year and looked horrible in every single one.

Not true at all, he would have a sack right now if R.Brown of Miami hadnt completely blown his block against Denney. Maybin completely roasted Carey with a spin move on that play

trapezeus
10-20-2009, 10:38 AM
Are we really that much better against the run with Donte Whitner playing? I haven't been one to criticize him, but I thought he looked particularly bad on Sunday. I thought he took a lot of bad angles, which took him out of a lot of plays and allowed them to make big gains with the run.

I hear what you are saying, specifically on those two long runs, however, i think he was playing the contain. If the runner bounced outside, he was there to prevent it going long. I'm no donte fan, but i think he was positioned correctly...our LB's got blown off the ball and the gap was gigantic. Perhaps the ends are going to have to run more of a straight line back to hold the contain and let whitner drop back a little to fill in the gaps.

trapezeus
10-20-2009, 10:42 AM
hmm, based on my theory of 1st round picks, Maybin is suppose to be mildly servicable and out of buffalo by 2013 and then play up to his level of talent.

I read another quote from maybin saying that he's just doing what he's told so he isn't asking questions. Kind of a damaging quote. I believe he was talking about not asking questions about dropping back into the LB position. I think he knows he should be there especially right now. But apparently we can't take advantage of a 3-4 defense and we can't play a 3-4 defense.

WeAreArthurMoates
10-20-2009, 10:44 AM
It's just silly to call maybin a bust right now.

BuffaloBlitz83
10-20-2009, 10:45 AM
Man, Michael Oher would look good in Buffalo right now.

billsburgh
10-20-2009, 10:50 AM
but it's not unrealistic to expect something more from the # 11 overall pick. he has been a BIG disappointment.

Griz78
10-20-2009, 10:53 AM
He's better suited as a 3-4 OLB. Orakpo is also playing more OLB I believe

trapezeus
10-20-2009, 10:53 AM

you're right. right now, he's severely underperforming. 2 years from now, we'll be calling him a bust, unless a better coaching staff can understand his strengths and help him with his weaknesses.

Jauron just gets these kids to feel good about themselves, but he can't put them in a position to succeed on any given sunday.

Raptor
10-20-2009, 10:55 AM
but it's not unrealistic to expect something more from the # 11 overall pick. he has been a BIG disappointment.

The disappointment is our coaching staff lack of use or maybe having no clue how to use him

DraftBoy
10-20-2009, 11:12 AM
Let me reiterate for the 10th time I think now....

Maybin not seeing the field is NOT a bad thing.

WeAreArthurMoates
10-20-2009, 11:24 AM
Let me just say I wanted Orakpo, Oher or Cushing over Maybin. I just think it's stupid to call someone a bust after 6 weeks. Especially considering anyone with any football knowledge would of known he needed to develope. His size, age and lack of technique all needed work. I will have a better judgement come the end of the season but when you see about 10 snaps a game it's tough to make an impact.

Demon
10-20-2009, 11:45 AM
He's better suited as a 3-4 OLB. Orakpo is also playing more OLB I believe

Yeah, and with fat Albert getting 2 guys to block him each and every time. Maybin would do well in Washington too. Don't fool yourself guys.

trapezeus
10-20-2009, 12:06 PM
stroud gets routinely double teamed...schobel still draws two.. what's the deal with maybin.

patmoran2006
10-20-2009, 12:10 PM

I dont think you were referring to me, but who called Maybin a bust?

WeAreArthurMoates
10-20-2009, 12:26 PM
I dont think you were referring to me, but who called Maybin a bust?

I guess I misread the aritcle, sounded like you and others were calling him a bust.

TacklingDummy
10-20-2009, 12:33 PM
Maybin has gotten about 60 snaps this year and looked horrible in every single one.
Welcome back Eric Flowers.

Demon
10-20-2009, 01:26 PM
BTW, PatMoran, Jared Allen disagrees with you about Oher playing well against him....

"Well that's just some idiot trying to talk himself up," Allen said. "I beat that dude like a red-headed stepchild, let's be honest. If he was so good why did they have to chip me all day? Ask him that.
"That's just a rookie trying to build his self-confidence up. Besides, you lost and your quarterback spent his whole day on the back of his head until the fourth quarter. That guy [Oher] will watch film today and realize. Everybody else in the world saw me abuse him."

Link- http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Michael-Oher-and-Jared-Allen-have-some-words-for?urn=nfl,196869