PDA

View Full Version : I just want to make sure I know who the people are that want Fitz as the starter!

HHURRICANE
10-20-2009, 12:41 PM
The guy had a 40% completion precentage. He had a 51 QB rating.

Somehow he's earned a starting position? Please post your support for this guy as the starter over Edwards. I want to see the names.

yordad
10-20-2009, 12:42 PM
I vote for Fitz to start over the concussed Edwards. Isn't it a no brainer?

PECKERWOOD
10-20-2009, 12:45 PM

Isn't it about getting the highest draft pick right now anyways?

justasportsfan
10-20-2009, 12:46 PM
Isn't it a no brainer?

don't make personal attacks at HH please.

yordad
10-20-2009, 12:47 PM
Isn't it about getting the highest draft pick right now anyways?Yeah, but that doesn't mean I want Trent to concuss his concussion.

In the end, I think the players deserve whoever gives them the best chance. I am sure they want to win, and I am on their side.

Buckets
10-20-2009, 12:47 PM
I vote for Fitz to start next week.

yordad
10-20-2009, 12:49 PM
After Carolina we will have much more to go on.

Demon
10-20-2009, 12:50 PM
While i don't think Fitzpatrick is an upgrade over Edwards, because i truly feel both are not good and both should be backups. But, i think Fitzpatrick can win more ball games for the Bills because he has nothing to lose. He will take shots down the field. While Edwards is afriad of throwing the INT, Fitz i don't think will really care. He proved it on Sunday. He made tons of horrid throws and that's why he shouldn't be starting but the bottom line is, our QB corps is Hamdan, Edwards and him.

Second of all, it's completly unfair to throw him under the bus for the way he played in New York. The weather was horrid and he was threw into the fire out of the blue. It's hard for a QB to enter a game cold and play well. And it almost never happens. Fitzpatrick will get the entire week, knowing he'll be starting in Carolina (i'm assuming Edwards will be ruled out but they just havn't said anything yet officially) and will work with the first team players. Probably for the first time all season.

Kevin Kolb in for McNabb week 1 went 7-11 for 23 yards, QB rating of 67%... with 2 fumbles. In week 2, as starter, 31-51 for almost 400 yards, 2 TD, 3 INT against a real good team (Saints) and week 3 played great.

Chad Henne came in for Pennington, and looked awful. 10-19, 90 yards with an INT and QB rating of 44%. But he looked pretty good against Buffalo and then looked like "Dan Marino" as ESPN said it on their post game sports center vs. the Jets the following week.

To blast a QB for filling in isn't right. You need to wait until he has a full week practicing and starting the game from the start.

Ebenezer
10-20-2009, 12:51 PM
Since TE is concussed I want Fitz to start just to see what he really has. Regardless of performance we are now seeing that TE can't stay from being concussed...that is a disturbing trend. I can take getting hurt being bent in half or having 375 pounds fall on you but multiple concussions start to be a very bad trend and thing in the long run.

justasportsfan
10-20-2009, 12:51 PM
I vote for anyone willing to throw the ball more than 10 yards.

Yasgur's Farm
10-20-2009, 12:52 PM
I'm happy for the opportunity Fitz has at this moment. It's pretty obvious to me that Trent has been infected with the Dick bug.

Beastie Bills
I think Trent is a more talented, but Fitz is playing much better than Trent this season. He is at least taking a shot downfield, and trusting his receivers to make plays. He was also hitting his receivers in stride, which Trent seems afraid to do. It is obvious that Trent does not trust his WR's at all.

That being said, I want Trent to start (assuming he's healthy). Fitz is not the long-term answer at QB. It doesn't look like Trent is either, but he at least has a chance of snapping out of this funk, and turning things around. And if he doesn't, we'll lose the rest of our games and get a better draft pick. With Fitz, we'll probably go 5-11, and pick 5th, with the player we really want getting drafted at #4.

So I vote for Trent.

bigbub2352
As bad as Trent has been he should start over the very avg Fitz
gotta ride this season out but i dont want a day to go by in the ****ing offseason were we are not changing personnel and changing players
COmplete REBUILD MODE

TacklingDummy
10-20-2009, 12:53 PM
Start Fitz, if he blows and Trent is healthy the following week, start Trent.

BillsWin
10-20-2009, 12:55 PM
Edwards' brain is soup. Go with the Fitz.

Canadian'eh!
10-20-2009, 12:57 PM
IO think he meant who really thinks he should be the starter when both are healthy.

Some seem to think Fitzz was a huge upgrade because he won a gift game despite playing as bad as Trent has at any point. PLus everyone seem to have completely forgotten the first 2 weeks, and that Tret was 5/5 before leaving.

Mitchell55
Mahdi
are 2 i know for sure who seem to think this is a huge upgrade.

Mr. Pink
10-20-2009, 01:04 PM
I want Hamdan to start since Trent obviously won't.

Mahdi
10-20-2009, 01:16 PM
IO think he meant who really thinks he should be the starter when both are healthy.

Some seem to think Fitzz was a huge upgrade because he won a gift game despite playing as bad as Trent has at any point. PLus everyone seem to have completely forgotten the first 2 weeks, and that Tret was 5/5 before leaving.

Mitchell55
Mahdi
are 2 i know for sure who seem to think this is a huge upgrade.
I like how you manufacture words for us.... I said, at this point I would rather see Fitz and that he, to me, represents an upgrade. I never said a HUGE upgrade. I also said that Fitz at this time is still an unknown. He can turn out to be a solid starter for us or worse than Trent.

I love how you keep pointing to the first 2 games of the season as good performances by Trent. A total of 9 passes caught by our starting WRs in the first 2 games and you think that is good QBing.

Trent ran screen plays and dump offs all day against NE and they didn't expect it and got burned. He did nothing special at all whatsoever.

Even against Tampa he didn't play that great. He finally connected on some deep passes and that for some reason is seen as special? Anyone can throw the ball deep.

Trent has yet to challenge the middle of the field with some quality throws and until he does he will always be considered no better than an average game manager who is easy to figure out.

DMBcrew36
10-20-2009, 01:20 PM
I want Fitz to start this Sunday, with him receiving the benefit of a full week of preparation; a full week knowing he's going to start, as well as first-team reps.

I'm not suggesting Fitz be named starter indefinitely. I just want Edwards to get an extra week to sit and get his head right. It probably wouldn't hurt for him to watch a game - he might see some things he didn't before. I would then bring him back as starter the following week against Houston.

homeslice5484
10-20-2009, 01:49 PM
i want to see how he is with a week of practice before making a choice. However, I did see some things from him we dont see from Edwards. The quick slant to Lee, and the 2 plays where Fitz identified the defense out of position and rushed the QB sneak for a 1st down and rushed a snap to get them with 12 men on the field. He also had the deep pass to Lee at the end which should have been a catch.

EDS
10-20-2009, 02:05 PM
I don't really see the value in giving Fitzpatrick significant playing time as it is highly unlikely he reveals himself to be anything better then a marginal reserve given his documented accuracy issues. Obviously if Edwards is not healthy enough to play, then Fitzpatrick should get the ball.

yordad
10-20-2009, 02:10 PM
I'm happy for the opportunity Fitz has at this moment. It's pretty obvious to me that Trent has been infected with the Dick bug.Ewwww, an STD can give a concussion?

BertSquirtgum
10-20-2009, 02:16 PM
count me in, **** edwards.

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
10-20-2009, 02:17 PM
I have to review the film before I can answer the question.

soapman
10-20-2009, 02:31 PM
Hamden first.....then Fitz....then Cap'n Woozy

HHURRICANE
10-20-2009, 02:35 PM
As Canadian'eh pointed out I'm not letting anyone get off the hook with "oh let's see how he does and than I'll decide" BS.

Edwards or Fitz?

That simple.

I know how you guys work here. If Fitz plays poorly than you'll be coming back with " I just said I wanted to see how he would do, I said Edwards was the better QB".

Mahdi is already defending an "upgrade" over a "huge upgrade".

I'll be clear here. Fitz is a backup and Edwards is the Starter. Period. End of story. If I'm wrong you have it in wirting.

HHURRICANE
10-20-2009, 02:38 PM
I'm happy for the opportunity Fitz has at this moment. It's pretty obvious to me that Trent has been infected with the Dick bug.

So you want Fitz as the starter? You are chossing Fitz over Edwards if both are healthy?

HHURRICANE
10-20-2009, 02:40 PM
I like how you manufacture words for us.... I said, at this point I would rather see Fitz and that he, to me, represents an upgrade. I never said a HUGE upgrade. I also said that Fitz at this time is still an unknown. He can turn out to be a solid starter for us or worse than Trent.

I love how you keep pointing to the first 2 games of the season as good performances by Trent. A total of 9 passes caught by our starting WRs in the first 2 games and you think that is good QBing.

Trent ran screen plays and dump offs all day against NE and they didn't expect it and got burned. He did nothing special at all whatsoever.

Even against Tampa he didn't play that great. He finally connected on some deep passes and that for some reason is seen as special? Anyone can throw the ball deep.

Trent has yet to challenge the middle of the field with some quality throws and until he does he will always be considered no better than an average game manager who is easy to figure out.

So you want Fitz as the starter? You are chossing Fitz over Edwards if both are healthy?

yordad
10-20-2009, 02:46 PM
As Canadian'eh pointed out I'm not letting anyone get off the hook with "oh let's see how he does and than I'll decide" BS.

Edwards or Fitz?

That simple.

I know how you guys work here. If Fitz plays poorly than you'll be coming back with " I just said I wanted to see how he would do, I said Edwards was the better QB".

I'll be clear here. Fitz is a backup and Edwards is the Starter. Period. End of story. If I'm wrong you have it in wirting.So, we have to decided right now with flawed, limited info based on your hypothetical, concocted scenario?

I vote no. Fitz starts, he is healthy. We reassess with more complete info after. Get it? It is that simple.

TheBrownBear
10-20-2009, 02:47 PM
I want to see Fitz for at least one full game. If he sucks, then go back to Trent and let him finish out the season (if he can stay healthy). We know what Trent gives us at this point, and it's only been good enough for one win in five games, so why the heck not give Fitz a chance to provide a spark.

BertSquirtgum
10-20-2009, 02:55 PM
i want fitz to get firs team reps and start this week. if he proves himself a more capable qb than edwards then he should be named the starter. if he blows worse than edwards(highly unlikely) then edwards should be thrown back into the fire when healed.

ddaryl
10-20-2009, 03:05 PM
at this junction I am curious to see what Fitz brings to the table

he threw the ball with more zip and he looked like he was trying to get the ball to our WR's.

IMO the TD to Evans doesn't happen with Edwards last week...

so do I want Fitz to be our starter.. not really but liek I said at this junction I am interested in watching him get some playing time mainly because my patience with Edwards has run out

HHURRICANE
10-20-2009, 03:07 PM
So, we have to decided right now with flawed, limited info based on your hypothetical, concocted scenario?

I vote no. Fitz starts, he is healthy. We reassess with more complete info after. Get it? It is that simple.

That's BS.

I like how you guys call for a switch and now the chance presents itself and you guys are like " uhh.....ohhh....well.....let's see how he does and than I'll decide."

Alot easier when the FO makes the decision for you.

That's the problem with this site. Everyone is great at criticizing other people's point of views but given the chance to stand out on their own they run and hide.

I've put myself out their:

1) Peters get mismanaged by the FO.
2) Schobeol sucking
3) Evans not being a #1 WR
4) Jackson starting over Lynch.

I took crap for all of it but than it turns out to be right.

Here's your chance to put your moeny where your mouth is.

sdbillsfan2
10-20-2009, 03:11 PM
As bad as Trent has been he should start over the very avg Fitz
gotta ride this season out

Just curious as to why he has to ride the season out. Are you still holding out thinking he has what it takes? I don't think he'll ever be ready to step up. He got his bell rung last year and hasn't been the same. Now he get's it rung again and there's hope he'll play better ? I don't get it!
Neither Qb is a qualified starter.
That situation needs to be rectified before next season.

Me personally, I don't think Edwards ever fit in here, dumbied down offense or not. We keep replacing one loser for another and wonder why we never win.

soapman
10-20-2009, 03:15 PM
That's BS.

I like how you guys call for a switch and now the chance presents itself and you guys are like " uhh.....ohhh....well.....let's see how he does and than I'll decide."

Alot easier when the FO makes the decision for you.

That's the problem with this site. Everyone is great at criticizing other people's point of views but given the chance to stand out on their own they run and hide.

I've put myself out their:

1) Peters get mismanaged by the FO. WRONG
2) Schobeol sucking WRONG
3) Evans not being a #1 WR WRONG
4) Jackson starting over Lynch. WRONG

I took crap for all of it but than it turns out to be right.

Here's your chance to put your moeny where your mouth is.

Ok captain FAIL! Peters wasn't going to play for buffalo regardless. He made that decision a year ago and it was obvious. Schobel is the best end we have on this team hands down. How about you find someone that can get Evans the ball before you call him out. He has double the catches, yards, and touchdowns as a proven #1 in TO so....your point? Jackson is not a better back than Lynch, you people kill me with that. Jackson is a good back but he's no Marshawn Lynch. They are 2 totally different running backs. They have different styles of running. Both styles work but give me the harder runner with better hands, speed, and moves. That's Marshawn Lynch. Straight ahead runners only get you so far. See Larry Johnson, Brandon Jacobs, Marion Barber.

cookie G
10-20-2009, 03:23 PM
39 possessions
1 TD (garbage time)
5 INTS
21% 3rd down success rate
2 ticked off WR.

That's what you give up by not having TE in the game.

Fitz should have been starting 2 games ago.

feldspar
10-20-2009, 03:27 PM

Not really. Trent was concussed in the Arizona game last year and came back the very next game only to have perhaps the best game of his career.

DraftBoy
10-20-2009, 03:28 PM
I vote Hamdan

Buckets
10-20-2009, 03:49 PM

Edwards or Fitz?

That simple.

I'll be clear here. Fitz is a backup and Edwards is the Starter. Period. End of story. If I'm wrong you have it in wirting.

I think it's painfully obvious that we don't have a NFL caliber "STARTER" on this team. Do you mean which of the three backups should we start?

naugem
10-20-2009, 03:59 PM
I want to see what Fitz can do.

Mahdi
10-20-2009, 04:01 PM

Edwards or Fitz?

That simple.

I think the problem here is too many ppl on this board are too concerned about who is right and who is wrong OR who will turn out right and who will turn out wrong.

Why may I ask does it have to be that way? Who flippin cares....

I come on here and give my opinions about what I see and have seen. My thoughts on Edwards are well documented and if somehow he turns it around and does everything Im saying he ISNT doing then GREAT we have ourselves a QB if not then we are at the same point we have been since Kelly retired.

Bottom line is that Edwards hasn't played well, Fitz is a career backup up to this point and we really dont know what he can or can't do.

In light of Edwards struggles I think ppl want to see what someone else OTHER than Edwards can do with so many weapons at their disposal. That person happens to be Fitz, its not like anyone believes he is going to become a PBer for the Bills, he is simply option #2 after #1 failed. And IMO, based on what I have seen from Fitz, he has a decent arm, feels the pocket and is not afraid (as Edwards has been) to involve our WRs in the game.

I really think its that simple.

Gunzlingr
10-20-2009, 04:03 PM

5/5 for a whopping 43 yards.

Ed
10-20-2009, 04:33 PM
I want Edwards to be the starter because I think he's the better qb and has more upside. I know he's been underwhelming the past few weeks, but I'd like to be able to fully evaluate him after another full season of play. If we bench a healthy Trent Edwards now, he's officially done as a Bill. To me, starting Fitz over Edwards pretty much guarantees that we have to start the search for another qb all over again. I just can't see Fitz being the future of this franchise. He had great weapons in Cincy last year and I thought he was mediocre at best. This would be like starting Holcomb over Losman, but worse. There's just no real upside.

shelby
10-20-2009, 04:40 PM
Do any of y'all remember how long it took Trent to recover from his concussion last year?

Let Fitz start til Trent is 100 %.

Jan Reimers
10-20-2009, 04:41 PM
I think Trent is marginally better - when healthy - of what are two less than average NFL QBs. The only thing I like better about Fitz is his willingness to take the occasional chance.

Neither of these guys, though, is our long term solution at QB.

Joe Fo Sho
10-20-2009, 04:43 PM
Start Fitzy!!!

At least he looks like he's trying...

Yasgur's Farm
10-20-2009, 04:52 PM
So you want Fitz as the starter? You are chossing Fitz over Edwards if both are healthy?YES... I choose Fitz over Edwards. Edwards has been ruined.

DynaPaul
10-20-2009, 04:53 PM
Mark me down as undecided. As I said in another thread both QB's have glaring faults. Edwards is afraid to make plays and Fitzpatrick has an accuracy issue. If we could somehow combine them we'd have an awesome QB but no such luck.

djjimkelly
10-20-2009, 04:53 PM
ill go on record i dont want any qb on this current roster to be the starter hows that

Philagape
10-20-2009, 06:11 PM
It is fair to see what Fitz does after a full week of starter reps. It may be the same as he's always done, but right now that's better than Edwards. All other factors being equal, I want the guy who at least tries to make plays. Trent may be more talented, but that doesn't matter if he doesn't try.

dannyek71
10-20-2009, 06:24 PM
I highly doubt he is the long term solution at QB. However, TE has shown me that he is not the answer and I want to see what other options we have in this lost season.

yordad
10-20-2009, 06:42 PM
I think they should just start the backup competition right now for next year. Loser gets cut in favor of Hamden (as 3rd string), lol.