Bills still in playoff contention for what its worth.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsWin
    man amongst boys
    • Oct 2008

Bills still in playoff contention for what its worth.

I doubt we win 5 games this year, but if the Bills miraculously put together a late season push like they did in 2004, (started 1-5, finished 9-7) they are still in the hunt.

2-4.

@ Carolina- A must win game because it is against a team we can beat. 3-4.

Houston- Looking at the numbers, Houston should beat us. Its at home... but still... 3-5

Bye week.

@ Tenn- Jauron's clubs usually win the game after the bye week and they are at a bad Tenn team. Whether Young or Collins starts, the Bills should win this one. 4-5

@ Jacksonville- They look better than last year, but this is another must win and it will be like playing in an empty stadium. Those fans suck. 5-5.

Miami at home is a must win. Doubt they can pull it off but this is an insane scenario for how we can actually make the playoffs... 6-5.

NY Jets in Toronto- We beat them once, we can beat them again. Sanchez sucks and their defense blitzes alot, but doesnt sack the QB. 7-5.

At 7-5 and 3-2 in division there would still be hope. Knowing Jauron, they will be 3-9 at this point.

@ KC- There is no reason we should lose to this team. I will be there, so I will bring the BillsWin magic mojo. 8-5.

New England- 59-0? I dont care how bad Tenn is, that is insane. 8-6.

@ Atlanta- Must win against a team that will probably be sitting most of their starters. Doubtful we win but in this scenario we do. 9-6.

Indy- at home against a team that WILL have a playoff spot waiting for them. Peyton will be out. 10-6.

10-6 and a possible wildcard spot at 3-3 in division.

I see us going 5-11, 6-10. Our offense cant score worth ****. Our defense is losing players by the quarter and we don't have a franchise QB.

I'd love to see the Bills in the playoffs, but Jauron won't get us there. The reason for this thread was to say that there is still a way we COULD do it. We probably won't but....

It's really up to the players. Their coaches aren't going to get them there so it is up to them to play past their coaching. Stop fumbling away games and start executing.

My BILLieve-o-meter is at an all time low, but I enjoy watching the Bills win as much as anyone else.

Read the thread before you start calling me delusional, and a homer after one win. I don't think we even sniff the playoffs, but its still possible. In crazy-land.
    Last edited by BillsWin; 10-20-2009, 12:49 PM.
    I am The Batman.
  • Ground Chuck
    • Jul 2009

Re: Bills still in playoff contention for what its worth.

This is where we go on a 7 game winning streak.

Comment

• BillsWin
      man amongst boys
      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Ground Chuck
      This is where we go on a 7 game winning streak.
      don't you mean 5? we have already got 2 of our allotted 7 wins...
      I am The Batman.

Comment

• Devin
        The Octagon
        • Apr 2003

@ this thread. Wow.

We are also still in contention for a top 5 pick!
        Last edited by Devin; 10-20-2009, 12:56 PM.
        http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• Demon
          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by BillsWin
          I doubt we win 5 games this year, but if the Bills miraculously put together a late season push like they did in 2004, (started 1-5, finished 9-7) they are still in the hunt.

2-4.

@ Carolina- A must win game because it is against a team we can beat. 3-4.
          Not sure why you think we can beat them? We just allowed almost 400 yards rushing to Thomas Jones and Leon Washington and play a team who just rushed 250 yards on Tampa Bay.... how in the world will we stop DeAngelo Williams and Jonathan Stewert? I doubt we pick Delhomme off 5 times.

Honestly, i could see Carolina smoking us out of the stadium. Kinda like Miami did.
          Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• BillsWin
            man amongst boys
            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Devin
            @ this thread. Wow.

at you. read first.
            I am The Batman.

Comment

• justasportsfan
              • Jul 2002

Championship!!!
              sacrifice1
              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• BillsWin
                man amongst boys
                • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Demon
                Not sure why you think we can beat them? We just allowed almost 400 yards rushing to Thomas Jones and Leon Washington and play a team who just rushed 250 yards on Tampa Bay.... how in the world will we stop DeAngelo Williams and Jonathan Stewert? I doubt we pick Delhomme off 5 times.

Honestly, i could see Carolina smoking us out of the stadium. Kinda like Miami did.
                Its one of the only realistic wins we have left on the schedule. Just go with it.
                I am The Batman.

Comment

• BillsWin
                  man amongst boys
                  • Oct 2008

The question on the table is, "Are the Bills still in playoff contention?"

The answer, "Yes."

If the question was "Will the Bills make the playoffs?"

The answer would be a resounding "NO."
                  I am The Batman.

Comment

• DMBcrew36
                    • Feb 2005

While I understand that the Bills are still 'technically' in contention, there are a few games that I see to most certainly be losses.

Houston
                    Miami
                    Jets in Toronto, Sanchez in a dome
                    New England
                    @ Atlanta

Then factor in the 4 road games that I did not include, since we are incapable of winning on the road. Chris Johnson is going to roll up like 200 yards on us in that game @ Tennessee.

5-11 or 6-10
                    Last edited by DMBcrew36; 10-20-2009, 01:06 PM.

Comment

• BillsWin
                      man amongst boys
                      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by DMBcrew36
                      While I understand that the Bills are still 'technically' in contention, there are a few games that I see to most certainly be losses.

Houston
                      Miami
                      Jets in Toronto, Sanchez in a dome
                      New England
                      @ Atlanta

Then factor in the 4 road games that I did not include, since we are incapable of winning on the road.

Thanks for the intelligent repose.

I see the same thing.

As I was trying to write the thread I was just throwing wins out there. This team is pathetic. However, they are still technically in it.
                      I am The Batman.

Comment

• DMBcrew36
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by BillsWin
                        Thanks for the intelligent repose.

I see the same thing.

As I was trying to write the thread I was just throwing wins out there. This team is pathetic. However, they are still technically in it.
                        Yeah, I mean, the Bills technically have been in every single game, with the exception of the Miami game. They could pull off a win or two when we thought heading in that it would be a loss (like the Jets game two days ago). At the same time, they're the type of team that will lose a game to a team we think they should probably beat.

So, I unfortunately just see ANOTHER season where we're not bad enough to get that top draft pick and see changes in the organization, but not good enough to challenge anybody for anything. It's the worst possible outcome, if you ask me.
                        Last edited by DMBcrew36; 10-20-2009, 01:17 PM.

Comment

• Ground Chuck
                          • Jul 2009

Originally posted by DMBcrew36
                          Yeah, I mean, the Bills technically have been in every single game, with the exception of the Miami game. They could pull off a win or two when we thought heading in that it would be a loss (like the Jets game two days ago). At the same time, they're the type of team that will lose a game to a team we think they should probably beat.

So, I unfortunately just see ANOTHER season where we're not bad enough to get that top draft pick and see changes in the organization, but not good enough to challenge anybody for anything. It's the worst possible outcome, if you ask me.
                          What a crappy outlook.

I think that we can turn things around.

Comment

• DMBcrew36
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Ground Chuck
                            What a crappy outlook.

I think that we can turn things around.
                            A crappy outlook for a crappy team and organization. The truth hurts.

Comment

• trapezeus
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Oct 2004

for the bills to be remotely in it this year, they need to win the next 4 games against winable teams with a bye week in there. they lose 1 game in the next 4 weeks, it's not going to happen for the bills.

So Billswin, i think they have to beat houston. They need to be building constant momentum. Something the jauron years have never done. They take 2 steps forward, then 3 steps back, then 2 forward, then 1 back, then 4 back. For it to be any different from years past, they have to put together a real bonafide winning streak.

That streak has to be better than the jets win. it has to be games where they actually go out and beat another team. Otherwise, we just aren't losing. And that isn't the motto of a playoff team that has dreams of contending for the big enchilada.

Comment

Working...
                              X