PDA

View Full Version : Bills still in playoff contention for what its worth.

BillsWin
10-20-2009, 12:48 PM
I doubt we win 5 games this year, but if the Bills miraculously put together a late season push like they did in 2004, (started 1-5, finished 9-7) they are still in the hunt.

2-4.

@ Carolina- A must win game because it is against a team we can beat. 3-4.

Houston- Looking at the numbers, Houston should beat us. Its at home... but still... 3-5

Bye week.

@ Tenn- Jauron's clubs usually win the game after the bye week and they are at a bad Tenn team. Whether Young or Collins starts, the Bills should win this one. 4-5

@ Jacksonville- They look better than last year, but this is another must win and it will be like playing in an empty stadium. Those fans suck. 5-5.

Miami at home is a must win. Doubt they can pull it off but this is an insane scenario for how we can actually make the playoffs... 6-5.

NY Jets in Toronto- We beat them once, we can beat them again. Sanchez sucks and their defense blitzes alot, but doesnt sack the QB. 7-5.

At 7-5 and 3-2 in division there would still be hope. Knowing Jauron, they will be 3-9 at this point.

@ KC- There is no reason we should lose to this team. I will be there, so I will bring the BillsWin magic mojo. 8-5.

New England- 59-0? I dont care how bad Tenn is, that is insane. 8-6.

@ Atlanta- Must win against a team that will probably be sitting most of their starters. Doubtful we win but in this scenario we do. 9-6.

Indy- at home against a team that WILL have a playoff spot waiting for them. Peyton will be out. 10-6.

10-6 and a possible wildcard spot at 3-3 in division.

:idunno:

I see us going 5-11, 6-10. Our offense cant score worth ****. Our defense is losing players by the quarter and we don't have a franchise QB.

I'd love to see the Bills in the playoffs, but Jauron won't get us there. The reason for this thread was to say that there is still a way we COULD do it. We probably won't but....

It's really up to the players. Their coaches aren't going to get them there so it is up to them to play past their coaching. Stop fumbling away games and start executing.

My BILLieve-o-meter is at an all time low, but I enjoy watching the Bills win as much as anyone else.

Read the thread before you start calling me delusional, and a homer after one win. I don't think we even sniff the playoffs, but its still possible. In crazy-land.

Ground Chuck
10-20-2009, 12:51 PM
This is where we go on a 7 game winning streak.

BillsWin
10-20-2009, 12:54 PM

don't you mean 5? we have already got 2 of our allotted 7 wins... :whistling

Devin
10-20-2009, 12:55 PM
:rofl: @ this thread. Wow.

We are also still in contention for a top 5 pick! :bf1:

Demon
10-20-2009, 12:55 PM
I doubt we win 5 games this year, but if the Bills miraculously put together a late season push like they did in 2004, (started 1-5, finished 9-7) they are still in the hunt.

2-4.

Not sure why you think we can beat them? We just allowed almost 400 yards rushing to Thomas Jones and Leon Washington and play a team who just rushed 250 yards on Tampa Bay.... how in the world will we stop DeAngelo Williams and Jonathan Stewert? I doubt we pick Delhomme off 5 times.

Honestly, i could see Carolina smoking us out of the stadium. Kinda like Miami did.

BillsWin
10-20-2009, 12:56 PM
:rofl: @ this thread. Wow.

:rofl: at you. read first.

justasportsfan
10-20-2009, 12:56 PM
Championship!!!

BillsWin
10-20-2009, 12:57 PM
Not sure why you think we can beat them? We just allowed almost 400 yards rushing to Thomas Jones and Leon Washington and play a team who just rushed 250 yards on Tampa Bay.... how in the world will we stop DeAngelo Williams and Jonathan Stewert? I doubt we pick Delhomme off 5 times.

Honestly, i could see Carolina smoking us out of the stadium. Kinda like Miami did.

Its one of the only realistic wins we have left on the schedule. Just go with it.

BillsWin
10-20-2009, 12:59 PM
The question on the table is, "Are the Bills still in playoff contention?"

The answer, "Yes."

If the question was "Will the Bills make the playoffs?"

The answer would be a resounding "NO."

DMBcrew36
10-20-2009, 01:03 PM
While I understand that the Bills are still 'technically' in contention, there are a few games that I see to most certainly be losses.

Houston
Miami
Jets in Toronto, Sanchez in a dome
New England
@ Atlanta

Then factor in the 4 road games that I did not include, since we are incapable of winning on the road. Chris Johnson is going to roll up like 200 yards on us in that game @ Tennessee.

5-11 or 6-10

BillsWin
10-20-2009, 01:05 PM
While I understand that the Bills are still 'technically' in contention, there are a few games that I see to most certainly be losses.

Houston
Miami
Jets in Toronto, Sanchez in a dome
New England
@ Atlanta

Then factor in the 4 road games that I did not include, since we are incapable of winning on the road.

Thanks for the intelligent repose.

I see the same thing.

As I was trying to write the thread I was just throwing wins out there. This team is pathetic. However, they are still technically in it. :roflmao:

DMBcrew36
10-20-2009, 01:14 PM
Thanks for the intelligent repose.

I see the same thing.

As I was trying to write the thread I was just throwing wins out there. This team is pathetic. However, they are still technically in it. :roflmao:

Yeah, I mean, the Bills technically have been in every single game, with the exception of the Miami game. They could pull off a win or two when we thought heading in that it would be a loss (like the Jets game two days ago). At the same time, they're the type of team that will lose a game to a team we think they should probably beat.

So, I unfortunately just see ANOTHER season where we're not bad enough to get that top draft pick and see changes in the organization, but not good enough to challenge anybody for anything. It's the worst possible outcome, if you ask me.

Ground Chuck
10-20-2009, 02:04 PM
Yeah, I mean, the Bills technically have been in every single game, with the exception of the Miami game. They could pull off a win or two when we thought heading in that it would be a loss (like the Jets game two days ago). At the same time, they're the type of team that will lose a game to a team we think they should probably beat.

So, I unfortunately just see ANOTHER season where we're not bad enough to get that top draft pick and see changes in the organization, but not good enough to challenge anybody for anything. It's the worst possible outcome, if you ask me.

What a crappy outlook.

I think that we can turn things around.

DMBcrew36
10-20-2009, 02:27 PM
What a crappy outlook.

I think that we can turn things around.

A crappy outlook for a crappy team and organization. The truth hurts.

trapezeus
10-20-2009, 02:44 PM
for the bills to be remotely in it this year, they need to win the next 4 games against winable teams with a bye week in there. they lose 1 game in the next 4 weeks, it's not going to happen for the bills.

So Billswin, i think they have to beat houston. They need to be building constant momentum. Something the jauron years have never done. They take 2 steps forward, then 3 steps back, then 2 forward, then 1 back, then 4 back. For it to be any different from years past, they have to put together a real bonafide winning streak.

That streak has to be better than the jets win. it has to be games where they actually go out and beat another team. Otherwise, we just aren't losing. And that isn't the motto of a playoff team that has dreams of contending for the big enchilada.

ddaryl
10-20-2009, 02:47 PM
this team will get eaten up by any team that has a half way decent QB and can put up 20 points

Our offense is incapable of scoring and producing... and our D can't hold every team to the 6 points... but even when they did we lost 6-3

life of faith
10-21-2009, 06:32 PM
Am i the only one that realistically thinks we CAN go 10-6?

BuffaloRanger
10-21-2009, 06:42 PM
According to Accuscore with the win over the jets the Bills improved their playoffs chances from 0.06% all the way up to 3.6%

But it's not like it's scientific...

Accuscore uses past player performance statistics to describe how players perform under different environmental, match-up, and game situation conditions. Using projected starting lineups, AccuScore simulates each game of the 2009 season one play at a time. By repeating the simulation 10,000 to 20,000 times per game, AccuScore calculates the precise probability each team has of winning each game, winning their division, making the playoffs, advancing in the playoffs and winning the Super Bowl.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ys-accuscoreplayoffshifts102109&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Crisis
10-21-2009, 06:47 PM
if we lose all the games you have as must wins (we're the bills, it's going to happen) and win all the "gimme" games, we'd finish 7-9 again. yay dick!

Nighthawk
10-21-2009, 06:51 PM
This team is NEVER in contention for a playoff spot as long as Dickey is HC!

Typ0
10-21-2009, 07:04 PM
Playoffs. LMAO. Two horrible games against Cleveland and NY and we get one win out of luck because of 5 picks off a rookie and we have some "feel good" talk. What have you done for me lately? We might not win another game too.

imbondz
10-21-2009, 07:20 PM

2-4.

Houston- Looking at the numbers, Houston should beat us. Its at home... but still... 3-5

Bye week.

@ Tenn- Jauron's clubs usually win the game after the bye week and they are at a bad Tenn team. Whether Young or Collins starts, the Bills should win this one. 4-5

@ Jacksonville- They look better than last year, but this is another must win and it will be like playing in an empty stadium. Those fans suck. 5-5.

Miami at home is a must win. Doubt they can pull it off but this is an insane scenario for how we can actually make the playoffs... 6-5.

NY Jets in Toronto- We beat them once, we can beat them again. Sanchez sucks and their defense blitzes alot, but doesnt sack the QB. 7-5.

At 7-5 and 3-2 in division there would still be hope. Knowing Jauron, they will be 3-9 at this point.

@ KC- There is no reason we should lose to this team. I will be there, so I will bring the BillsWin magic mojo. 8-5.

New England- 59-0? I dont care how bad Tenn is, that is insane. 8-6.

@ Atlanta- Must win against a team that will probably be sitting most of their starters. Doubtful we win but in this scenario we do. 9-6.

Indy- at home against a team that WILL have a playoff spot waiting for them. Peyton will be out. 10-6.

10-6 and a possible wildcard spot at 3-3 in division.

:idunno:

I see us going 5-11, 6-10. Our offense cant score worth ****. Our defense is losing players by the quarter and we don't have a franchise QB.

I'd love to see the Bills in the playoffs, but Jauron won't get us there. The reason for this thread was to say that there is still a way we COULD do it. We probably won't but....

It's really up to the players. Their coaches aren't going to get them there so it is up to them to play past their coaching. Stop fumbling away games and start executing.

My BILLieve-o-meter is at an all time low, but I enjoy watching the Bills win as much as anyone else.

Read the thread before you start calling me delusional, and a homer after one win. I don't think we even sniff the playoffs, but its still possible. In crazy-land.

LOL. I like the optimism followed right after w/ pessimism. i'm right with you.

Ground Chuck
10-27-2009, 10:22 PM

2 down 5 to go

BillsWin
10-27-2009, 10:34 PM
Im starting to think about changing the Houston game to a win and Atlanta game to a loss.

BillsWin
10-27-2009, 10:35 PM
point is still the same. we are in contention till the fat lady sings. She is in the back gargling at the moment and warming up, but the singing has yet to start.

But we are so inept on offense that there is almost no way we DO make the playoffs though... :sadwalk:

psubills62
10-27-2009, 10:44 PM
Im starting to think about changing the Houston game to a win and Atlanta game to a loss.

I don't think you should change those. Houston's defense is getting better with Cushing and Pollard in, and Atlanta's defense is looking worse and worse every week. If anything, you've got it right.

BillsWin
10-27-2009, 10:46 PM
I don't think you should change those. Houston's defense is getting better with Cushing and Pollard in, and Atlanta's defense is looking worse and worse every week. If anything, you've got it right.
Well I know the stats are in my favor, but it is a gut thing. I just have got this feeling that we pull out another ugly win this week!

BillsWin
10-27-2009, 10:59 PM
The Bills currently have a 3.5% chance at getting a playoff spot.

http://accuscore.com/nfl/tools/playoff-forecasts

Crisis
10-28-2009, 05:01 AM
Well I know the stats are in my favor, but it is a gut thing. I just have got this feeling that we pull out another ugly win this week!

Same here, had the feeling going into Carolina too.

I'll bet anything this team finishes 7-9.

don137
10-28-2009, 07:55 AM
Until the Bills beat some quality teams they do not deserve to be in the playoffs. Games like NE, Miami and Houston they need to win to get me to think they deserve to even think about being there. Beating bad teams barely does not tell me this team is good enough to make the playoffs.
The Bills even talk about making the playoffs tells me their are a lot of bad teams in this league.