PDA

View Full Version : POZ was on sirius just a bit ago...

SquishDaFish
10-20-2009, 03:44 PM
Said everyone loves Jauron and the players havent played up to their potential thus far but thinks they will get better. Even the 2 hosts said they love Jauron and thinks he puts alot of pressure on himself. Asked him about TO as a teammate and POZ said hes the complete opposite that you would expect.... Great veteran that is quiet in the lockerroom and works hard in practice and goes about his business and the young guys look up to him. Talked about the defense and he agreed the run Defense needs work saying they are overpursuing and that the Jets split belly running play was perfect for that reason and thats the 2 long runs by Jones.

Said it felt great to be back and happy he did some good things to contribute. Then they asked him about Jamon Merideth and how he found a home in Buffalo. He talked like the kid won the starting RT job from here on out and all 3 had nothing but praise for the kid and that Buffalo found a diamond in the rough from GBs practice squad.

Im sure Im forgetting some stuff he talked about but thats the main points.

SquishDaFish
10-20-2009, 03:44 PM
They talked a bit about the Panthers running game saying they have 2 great RBs also and Buffalo needs to get it going on the Run D. And they had nothing but PRAISE about our Pass Defense.

malo
10-20-2009, 03:46 PM
So he palyed good boy and lied through his teeth. Figures he likes Jauron. He's just as mediocre.

SquishDaFish
10-20-2009, 03:47 PM
Word is every player that plays for him respects and loves him. Former players alike.

malo
10-20-2009, 03:50 PM
Great. I guess the players all enjoy being 7-9 at best. Perhaps Jauron breeds a mediocre culture.

malo
10-20-2009, 03:56 PM
Dick had just one winning season.

Any player who "loves" him must like losing. The next coach should fix that losing attitude.

trapezeus
10-20-2009, 04:01 PM
i'm sure if i knew dick jauron, i would say he's a good guy. he surely doesn't deserve his fate...or does he? He refuses to change. I looked back at a couple "One Fan view" articles from 2 or 3 years ago, and i was saying stuff like, "why did he not go for 4th and 1 in a close game?" "why was the last 3 minutes so chaotic?" etc. I was saying the same things that I'm saying now. The man is stubborn to the point of insanity. Playing not to lose has gotten him a losing record.

And when he goes for the lights out plays, they are so uncharacteristic and the team is so panicked about losing that they mess up.

He seems like a hell of a guy, but coaching just aint his thing. If Randy Jackson had to break the news to him, he'd say, "Coaching just ain't your thing, dawg!"

Night Train
10-20-2009, 04:17 PM
Players didn't love Lombardi, Noll, Laundry, Parcells, Belichick etc.

They had to settle for SB wins over Sweetest Day gifts and professions of love.

Ed
10-20-2009, 04:18 PM
It's pretty well known that Jauron's players have always loved and respected him, which is totally understandable because he's a great person. A losing coach, but a great person. It's too bad he hasn't been able to win more because he's the kind of guy you would love to see succeed, but it just hasn't happened. I'm starting to think that maybe a big problem is that his players love him too much because he always shoulders all the blame and responsibility for anything that goes wrong. Maybe if he put more of that pressure on his players and less on himself they would play better. If they really do respect him as much as they say, then I would think that they would respond well to him being a little harder on them and having higher expectations. If the players aren't playing up to their potential then he should start making them more accountable. No more making excuses for them, protecting them, and coddling them.

Jan Reimers
10-20-2009, 04:28 PM
Give me a coach that wins. I don't care how nice a guy he is.

DynaPaul
10-20-2009, 04:34 PM
I used to have this boss that I loved that only cared if I did the bare minimum for the day and he used to let me cut out early all the time. When I knew he wasn't coming around I split even earlier. Man, that guy was great and I didn't get **** done but hey... I was still getting paid.

malo
10-20-2009, 05:42 PM
Club Jauron is so detrimental it's almost beyond comprehension. You got boderline draft busts like Whitner and Poz thinking they are good. Have they taken a long look in the mirror? Have they watched other games of real teams?

sdbillsfan2
10-20-2009, 06:02 PM
I think this line bothered me the most...

" and the players havent played up to their potential thus far "

If this is the case , then I suggest the house cleaning goes a lot further then the front office and coaching staff. Aren't these guys suppose to be professionals? If they don't give 100% cut them . We really don't need dead weight along with ineptitude.

Philagape
10-20-2009, 06:08 PM
I hate that the players love him. It makes me sick every time they talk about him.

malo
10-20-2009, 06:12 PM

If this is the case , then I suggest the house cleaning goes a lot further then the front office and coaching staff. Aren't these guys suppose to be professionals? If they don't give 100% cut them . We really don't need dead weight along with ineptitude.

Exactly. Probably because he's a lousy coach.

Oh, but Poz LOVES him.

Luisito23
10-20-2009, 06:24 PM
Give me a coach that wins. I don't care how nice a guy he is.

Tony Dungy would be great here....Great coach, and even greater person. What I wouldn't give to have him here.

FlyingDutchman
10-20-2009, 06:25 PM
Companies have to fire "nice people" who dont get the job done all the time. Its business

DMBcrew36
10-20-2009, 06:59 PM
<3 *<3* Jauron <3 *<3* ... he's AwEsOmE... winning isn't ALL that matters!! <3 *<3*

:puke:

SquishDaFish
10-20-2009, 07:01 PM

Dont take me word for word on that. But thats basically what he said

justasportsfan
10-20-2009, 08:08 PM
Hey Poz!!! Every player has underperformed ever since Dicks been here. If you can't realize that Dick just doesn't bring out the best in his players, maybe you had a concussion to go with that broken arm.

malo
10-20-2009, 09:17 PM
Hey Poz!!! You, Jauron, and your alma mater Penn State are all overrated.

ServoBillieves
10-20-2009, 09:22 PM
Of course players are going to love him! If I was paid millions to get lightly talked to when I made mistakes and not get yelled at when I made critical mistakes then **** I'll hit the weight room and take roids right now.

malo
10-20-2009, 09:22 PM
HEY POZ!! Why don't you STFU and perform for a change.

psubills62
10-20-2009, 09:44 PM
HEY POZ!! Why don't you STFU and perform for a change.

7 of your 75 posts have come in this thread...and I'd guess that about 70 of your posts have mentioned "Poz sucks" in one form or another. Why don't you add another train to that one-track mind? We get it, you don't like him.

Maybe you could say something useful for once. Well, no, never mind, probably not...

psubills62
10-20-2009, 09:45 PM
In response to the original post: it's certainly frustrating to hear about how much Jauron is loved. While I don't think character players/coaches and winning are mutually exclusive, I'd like to see the players pissed about losing for once. Jauron has a sucky mentality that spreads too easily to the players.

And for everyone busting on Poz for "loving Jauron," it's not like he's the only one on the team. Pretty much every one of Jauron's players have liked him.

malo
10-20-2009, 09:48 PM
Hey Poz. Don't worry about under performing. "Fans" like psubills62 will always worship you.

psubills62
10-20-2009, 09:51 PM
Hey Poz. Don't worry about under performing. "Fans" like psubills62 will always worship you.
Maybe you should make another "Poz sucks" thread right before he gets another INT that leads to the game-winning FG :up: :roflmao:

malo
10-20-2009, 09:51 PM
It's not just Poz. It's all the mediocrity on this team.

malo
10-20-2009, 09:53 PM
Maybe you should make another "Poz sucks" thread right before he gets another INT that leads to the game-winning FG :up: :roflmao:

Maybin looks like a bust too. Has anything good come out of PSU the last decade?

DMBcrew36
10-20-2009, 09:53 PM
In response to the original post: it's certainly frustrating to hear about how much Jauron is loved. While I don't think character players/coaches and winning are mutually exclusive, I'd like to see the players pissed about losing for once. Jauron has a sucky mentality that spreads too easily to the players.

And for everyone busting on Poz for "loving Jauron," it's not like he's the only one on the team. Pretty much every one of Jauron's players have liked him.

I can only speak for myself, but my response wasn't aimed at Poz. I like Poz - his blue-collar character and attitude is a major asset, IMO.

I'd just like to know what players, if any, DON'T love Jauron. All of the players seem to love and support Jauron. I just wish a player would come forward and be candid. Yeah, he treats them well and will never throw any of them under the bus, but COME ON, the guy is a HUGE LOSER.

When I saw Eric Wood at the bar last week, I was extremely tempted to stop him and ask him, off the record, when no one was around, whether they all really love Jauron that much. I left him alone, though, because I am not the type to bother the players.

psubills62
10-20-2009, 09:58 PM
I can only speak for myself, but my response wasn't aimed at Poz. I like Poz - his blue-collar character and attitude is a major asset, IMO.

I'd like to know what players, if any, DON'T love Jauron. All of the players seem to love and support Jauron. I just wish a player would come forward and be candid. Yeah, he treats them well and will never throw any of them under the bus, but COME ON, the guy is a HUGE LOSER.

I completely agree. At some point, performance HAS to come into the picture. Yeah, he's a great guy, we get it. But dang it people, don't you have any self-respect? Don't you want to become a winning team?

malo
10-20-2009, 10:00 PM
The lack of candor from the players is disgusting. No, you don't have to bash the coach, but show some emotion. Say "I'd rather not talk about that" instead of lying through your teeth. Trent makes me sick with his political answers.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
10-20-2009, 10:01 PM
give me a ***** like belicheck anyday over sweetiepie Dick

malo
10-20-2009, 10:03 PM
If I was a player, I'd rather hate my coach and win, than love my coach and play like the Bills have under Jauron.

psubills62
10-20-2009, 10:03 PM
Maybin looks like a bust too. Has anything good come out of PSU the last decade?

Considering Poz isn't a bust and Maybin was a project who was going to take at LEAST a year to develop...

malo
10-20-2009, 10:05 PM
Considering Poz isn't a bust and Maybin was a project who was going to take at LEAST a year to develop...

Listen. I'm sick of this develop nonsense. Players either have it, or they don't. Maybin looks lost and overpowered when he's out there. That's not going to change.

psubills62
10-20-2009, 10:11 PM
Listen. I'm sick of this develop nonsense. Players either have it, or they don't. Maybin looks lost and overpowered when he's out there. That's not going to change.

Hahaha you sound like a nine year-old. "I want it NOW, Daddy!" LOL

I'm sorry if you're sick of players developing, but the fact is that very few rookies are ready for the NFL when they come out, especially red-shirt sophomores. And yes, actually, it can change. It may not, but it certainly can.

sdbillsfan2
10-20-2009, 10:41 PM

Kinda of like some of the posts on this thread...... We get your point!