PDA

View Full Version : TE NELSON got concussed but it feeling "hea"!

yordad
10-20-2009, 08:29 PM
ShawnNelson89: im doing fine, tryna shake back babe! im in hea!

link (http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2009/10/20/nelson-on-how-hes-feeling/)

Raptor
10-20-2009, 08:46 PM
When did that happen? I dont remember it being mentioned during the game

DraftBoy
10-20-2009, 09:25 PM
It was mentioned at the very end of the game before OT.

I didnt see it either.

Is he trying to say he is in heat or something?

DMBcrew36
10-20-2009, 09:26 PM
Indeed, ebonics a language in the NFL. I see an opportunity for Rosetta Stone.

Lexwhat
10-20-2009, 10:31 PM
It was mentioned at the very end of the game before OT.

I didnt see it either.

Is he trying to say he is in heat or something?

No, lol...

I'm in hea = I'm in here.

Doesn't mean anything special... He's basically sayin he's got things under control and knows exactly what he has to do.

:up:

Luisito23
10-21-2009, 09:58 AM
I'm glad he's OK, I really like what I've seen from him this season, and I think he will turn out to be a real good player.

yordad
10-22-2009, 07:17 PM
Oh yeah, he is progressing nicely. If only the Ends could get out in the passing game more. Every week thay have to stay back and block more and more.

BillsWin
10-22-2009, 07:51 PM
what is "hea"?

B-DON
10-22-2009, 11:45 PM
read the above posts

yordad
10-23-2009, 07:38 AM
I think he is just saying he is all in one piece. Alright. "All there".

But, why wouldn't he just put "here"?

I don't get why football players try to out Ebonics each other on twitter. Didn't they go to college?

I swear, if they keep sounding this stupid on twitter the federal government is going to start looking into the education college football players are receiving.

Lexwhat
10-24-2009, 12:15 PM
I think he is just saying he is all in one piece. Alright. "All there".

I don't get why football players try to out Ebonics each other on twitter. Didn't they go to college?

I don't really understand where you are going with this. I couldn't tell you much about slang from the West Coast or the South (I've never lived there), but we could talk all day about East Coast slang. Of course, some slang is national (famous lines from movies, tv shows, etc.)

As far as "hea" goes, that's the way a lot of Blacks pronounce it (again, I'm only talking about the East Coast, because that's all I know). The last 2 letters (-re) is always pronounced like an "-a." So it also applies to other words like dear, rear, etc.

Besdies, it's Twitter! It's not a thesis paper. Even "educated" people type in abbreviations online and in text messages.

I swear, if they keep sounding this stupid on twitter the federal government is going to start looking into the education college football players are receiving.

You don't seem like an ignorant person, but I don't really agree with this statement. Go to the South and listen to the way White Southerners pronounce words. They speak with their own brand of slang and their own version of English, fully based on their upbringing. You think COLLEGE is, all of a sudden, going to change the way people speak?? That makes no sense.

Ever heard of former president Warren Harding and his pathetic English (e.g. a return to normalcy).

Moreover, slang is a part of EVERY language in the world (e.g. ask for a *** in Britain), and may have been around for almost as long as the spoken language has existed.

Lexwhat
10-24-2009, 12:18 PM
Moreover, slang is a part of EVERY language in the world (e.g. ask for a *** in Britain)...

*** = f a g

It's not a derogatory word.

yordad
10-24-2009, 01:50 PM
*** = f a g

It's not a derogatory word.Hey man, I grew up in what is known locally as the ghetto. I get it. However, I don't go all Ebonic up on something as informal as a message board unless I am fully intoxicated.

I mean, I don't write like I am writing an English paper either, but still.

Just seems to me if your addressing the public, addressing children, addressing clients, addressing customers, addressing fans, addressing the media..... AND putting your name on it(!).... then you should surely make it at least appear like your literacy is better then that of a 3rd graders.

I am not asking they change the way they speak, however you can't make out my accent by the way I type a word.

Not to mention if it is "here", then what does "I'm in here" even mean?

I understand what you are saying, I guess I just disagree. No matter where I am from, if I can prevent myself from looking like an uneducated, ghetto bum to my employer (and to the masses), I guess I would try and take advantage of it.

BuffaloBlitz83
10-24-2009, 02:01 PM
It could just be a typing error JEEZ!

jamze132
10-24-2009, 10:50 PM
It could just be a typing error JEEZ!
Well if it was, he's an even bigger dumbass for getting "hear" and "here" confused.

mybills
10-24-2009, 10:57 PM
wow. I'm old and I knew what it meant.

mybills
10-24-2009, 11:00 PM

I say cah, instead of car. :snicker:

yordad
10-25-2009, 01:27 AM
I say cah, instead of car. :snicker:
Which do you Drive?

mybills
10-25-2009, 10:11 AM
I drive a cah. It's pahked in my yahd right now.

Lexwhat
10-25-2009, 03:20 PM
Hey man, I grew up in what is known locally as the ghetto. I get it. However, I don't go all Ebonic up on something as informal as a message board unless I am fully intoxicated.

I mean, I don't write like I am writing an English paper either, but still.

Just seems to me if your addressing the public, addressing children, addressing clients, addressing customers, addressing fans, addressing the media..... AND putting your name on it(!).... then you should surely make it at least appear like your literacy is better then that of a 3rd graders.

I am not asking they change the way they speak, however you can't make out my accent by the way I type a word.

Not to mention if it is "here", then what does "I'm in here" even mean?

I understand what you are saying, I guess I just disagree. No matter where I am from, if I can prevent myself from looking like an uneducated, ghetto bum to my employer (and to the masses), I guess I would try and take advantage of it.

We probably agree more than you think. The way I type (i.e. on this message board) is way different than how I speak in real life.

I just had an issue when you said that the NFL should look into the education these guys receive. That didn't make much sense to me, especially considering that a college education will make no difference in how these players type on Twitter / Facebook / etc.

Anyways, I posted above what it meant. "I'm in here" is no different than sayin "I'm in this." It's not that common of a phrase, but I've heard it enough. He's basically just sayin that he's got things under control.