X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jpdex12
    • Jan 2005

What do you Zoners think about Quinn?

I'm curious to see what happens in the off season with Quinn. I thought he had physically and mentally what it takes going from college to the NFL. Big arm, mobility, pocket presence, pro-style "Weiss" offense...then he lays an egg. I think that he has had a raw deal partially and could be very good with the right surroundings and chance.

What do you Zoners think of him? I wouldn't mind throwing a bone in the off season to the Browns and bringing him aboard. Some of you might not think it would be wise but what are you going to do? Wait until he grets good elsewhere and lose the opportunity like we did with Brees?
    Where else would you rather be than right here right now?
  • Prov401
    President of WADL (Whitner Anti-Defamation League)
    • Aug 2008

Re: What do you Zoners think about Quinn?

Originally posted by jpdex12
    I'm curious to see what happens in the off season with Quinn. I thought he had physically and mentally what it takes going from college to the NFL. Big arm, mobility, pocket presence, pro-style "Weiss" offense...then he lays an egg. I think that he has had a raw deal partially and could be very good with the right surroundings and chance.

What do you Zoners think of him? I wouldn't mind throwing a bone in the off season to the Browns and bringing him aboard. Some of you might not think it would be wise but what are you going to do? Wait until he grets good elsewhere and lose the opportunity like we did with Brees?
    Never liked him. Never could beat the better teams in college, and was never an elite passer. There's a reason he spent over 3 hours hanging around at Radio City Music Hall waiting for his name to be called. Career backup IMHO.

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
      The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
      • Feb 2005

PEEEE-YUKE!
      another dud. no thanks
      In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• jpdex12
        • Jan 2005

Originally posted by TE2Hard-E81
        Never liked him. Never could beat the better teams in college, and was never an elite passer. There's a reason he spent over 3 hours hanging around at Radio City Music Hall waiting for his name to be called. Career backup IMHO.
        I hear ya about the whole waiting around thing but look at Rodgers. He sat on his thumb until pick 24 or something like that and look at him now. He did have a few years to learn behind Favre which Quinn has not yet but you have to consider this example. Maybe I'm wrong...

I loved MAtt Ryan coming out of BC but that wasn't even a thought in OBD's mind at the time.

Comment

• sdbillsfan2
          • Apr 2005

I have to admit when he was coming out of ND , I thought he might do well. I'm not sure of the reasons why he hasn't ,but I really don't want to take him on as another "project " player. After these last ten years , we really need to bring in an experienced vet who could mentor a promising rookie until he's ready to take the helm. No more reclamation guys ....please! just my 2cents

BTW ....what vets are FA after this season ..... anyone?

" I'd try to see things from your point of view but..........there's only room up your a** for one head ! "

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
            Legendary Zoner
            • May 2009

getting him would kind of be like....... say if i took a dump, scooped it up in my hand, and then proceeded to eat it. yeah, that bad.
            Last edited by BertSquirtgum; 10-20-2009, 11:12 PM.

Comment

• jpdex12
              • Jan 2005

Olsen? I don't think that there are going to be any note worthy FA QB's. None at all unless someone drops a bomb like McNabb which I do't see happening. I think that we are going to have to draft a top QB or take a crack at someone like Quinn or a Kolb type QB.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                Defies all logic
                • Oct 2006

I think Quinn is a good QB in the right system, he definitely has come off as an egotist in the past, but perhaps his failure in Cleveland would humble him down. I wouldn't give up much for him, a 3rd at best, even that is a maybe. I'd rather just package up Trent Edwards and 2nd round pick to Philly for Kevin Kolb. Shoot, even Matt Leinart.. If I'm looking to trade for a young QB in the league, Leinart would definitely be in the mix.
                Last edited by PECKERWOOD; 10-21-2009, 12:50 AM.

Comment

• X-Era
                  What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                  • Feb 2005

I think he might be decent on another team with more talent that asks him to do less. Thats not the Bills.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                    • May 2003

I think we have 3 QBs on our roster who are similar to Quinn. They all have certain skills, but not enough to be starting QBs in this league.
                    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• ddaryl
                      Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                      • Jan 2005

Quinn sucks

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

He's another project. Considering Dicks record with project qb's. No thanks.
                        sacrifice1
                        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• MikeInRoch
                          • Sep 2003

He's not even that good of a project.
                          "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                            • Jul 2003

Quinn has a lot of positives, IMO. However, his one big question is accuracy, which is probably the most important factor for a QB. If his accuracy were to improve, I would guess he would be a pretty good QB. However, right now he is just another scatter-armed guy.

Comment

• EDS
                              • Jan 2003

The Bills are in a tough spot as far as getting a QB for next year. They may need to bring in a stopgap like David Carr until they can identify the longterm candidate.

McNabb would probably be the best case scenario if Philly dumps him.

Regardless of what they do, they need to fortify the offensive line, whether it be from internal improvement, through the draft or via free agency. Hopefully they will have an idea as to the long term potential of some of the 0-line youngsters by the end of the year, and any that they retain will have some seasoning going into next season.

Comment

Working...
                              X