PDA

View Full Version : What scares you more ? ...

Buffalofan
05-28-2003, 09:16 PM
Chad Pennington to Wayne Chrebet .. Tom Brady to Troy Brown .. or Jay Fiedler to Chris Chambers when it comes to Quarterback-Wide Receiver combos.

As a Bills fan I pretty much hate them all but will go with Brady to Brown. I will never, ever admit fear of the Dolphins and the Jets, well .. what can I say .. theyre the Jets !!

GO BILLS !!!!!!!!

casdhf
05-28-2003, 09:21 PM
I really worry more about Rickey Williams, Curtis Martin and Antwain Smith

Alien (<>..<>)
05-28-2003, 09:56 PM
Chad Pennington to Wayne Chrebet .. Tom Brady to Troy Brown .. or Jay Fiedler to Chris Chambers when it comes to Quarterback-Wide Receiver combos.

Of course you should be more scared of Penningto to Chrebet and now Pennington to Conway!!!

Becasue these Jets beat you two times last year!!!

Mr. Miyagi
05-28-2003, 09:59 PM
I bet Conway won't play more than 10 games this season. That boy always has an ouchie somewhere. :cry:

Buffalofan
05-28-2003, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by Alien (&lt;&gt;..&lt;&gt;)

Of course you should be more scared of Penningto to Chrebet and now Pennington to Conway!!!

Becasue these Jets beat you two times last year!!!

I knew that was coming !! But you are right, you guys did win both games last year .. however, something tells me that wont quite be the case this year.

Revenge is at hand !!!

TigerJ
05-28-2003, 10:07 PM
The Patriots beat us twice last year too, Alien. So why are the Jets' two wins more significant, especially since the Redskins managed such a successful raid on the Jets roster? I've been reading that the Jets are going to shift more to the running game this season. That should be interesting with the upgrades the Bills made on defence. I don't think Pennington will be able to juke Spikes on to his backside like he did Eddie Robinson.

Tatonka
05-29-2003, 12:04 AM
pennington to conway.

mypoorfriendme
05-29-2003, 12:31 AM
im not so much scared of brady and brown or pennington and chrebet. but more the duo of brady and pennington make me lose sleep at night. this message goes out to coy wire--learn how to back peddle really good

SoCalBillsFan
05-29-2003, 02:43 AM
none of those combos are really that intimidating. Brady to Brown won't be longer than a ten yard out pattern, fiedler's wont be more than a long lob either. Pennington to Chrebet is the best of the three, but chrebet isn't really gonna beat you by himself.

Bledsoe to Moulds is twice as good as any of the others.

Alien (<>..<>)
05-29-2003, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by TigerJ
The Patriots beat us twice last year too, Alien. So why are the Jets' two wins more significant, especially since the Redskins managed such a successful raid on the Jets roster? I've been reading that the Jets are going to shift more to the running game this season. That should be interesting with the upgrades the Bills made on defence. I don't think Pennington will be able to juke Spikes on to his backside like he did Eddie Robinson.

I don't think the Jets wins a more significant, It is just that Buffalofan said that

well .. what can I say .. theyre the Jets !!

so I was just remembering him that we beat you twice.

And you are right the #@*!! deadskins got too many players from us so we will shift to more short passes to the TEs, the RBs and Fullbacks.

That play of Pennington on Robinson was great!! :D , but I agree, Spikes is a great addition to your defense.

Alien (<>..<>)
05-29-2003, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by SoCalBillsFan
none of those combos are really that intimidating. Brady to Brown won't be longer than a ten yard out pattern, fiedler's wont be more than a long lob either. Pennington to Chrebet is the best of the three, but chrebet isn't really gonna beat you by himself.

SoCalBillsFan, you are so right about Pennington and Chrebet. And I have to admit that the best WR in the division is Moulds, luckily for the other teams Price is gonne and Bledsoe didn't have a great year, too many INTs. Jets will prevail....

TedMock
05-29-2003, 09:02 AM
Brady's to Brown doesn't scare me at all. Brady on screen passes scares the hell out of me. The Pats run the screen better than anyone I've ever seen...hey, that rhymes! Pennington's physical tools don't scare me but the guy seems to have a knack for making plays which does scare me. As for the Phins, RW scares me not Fiedler.

WG
05-29-2003, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by SoCalBillsFan

Indeed! But it's Bledsoe to Law, Abraham, and Surtain that I fear the most! :D

I don't fear that Pats at all this season. Everyone raves about them as if they're the cats' meow. I understand that they beefed up their D but it wasn't great last year. Just b/c we got schooled on our own errors and "lack of heart" play doesn't mean that N.E. was some sort of powerhouse.

They're weak IMO. Sure, they beefed up their D alright. It'll be much better than the 23rd (yardage) and 17th (scoring) D that they had last season. But they did virtually nothing to shore up their offense. Age and lack of size at the WR position will cost them. If they beat us this season it'll be due either to more errors whether INTs or fumbles, or coaching, because we are the better team right now!!!

Antowain Smith, at 31, will be lucky to have 150 total rushing yards in both games v. us! Their passing game just shouldn't strike fear into anyone. Brady is good, but who are his targets? A bunch of Oompa Loompas! Brown, Branch, Ward, and Patten are all 5'9"/10" tall. Smith wasn't even a 1,000 yard rusher last year, he has no speed, and now he's 31.

I see the Pats being great on D but having a 25th ranked O. Last year they were 21st (yardage) and 10th (scoring). But we've improved defensively too, enough so as to force them to throw the ball v. us thereby leveling the playing field from that aspect. What works well w/ a strong D is a solid running game which the Pats simply don't have. They're foolin' themselves if they think Smith is gonna be the answer. He'll have 8 or 900 yards and his play will slip. He's not fast, never has been, and he ain't gettin' any faster!

I can see us taking two from them this season barring coaching blunders and basic errors.

The Jets will be interesting w/ Coles gone. It'll be interesting to see how Pennington reacts and where he goes first now. Chrebet is good, but he is at his best when he catches short/medium and runs w/ it.

I fear Fiedler (or maybe Griese) to Chambers more. Last year Chambers didn't play v. us in game 1, nor did Fiedler in either game for the most part. I realize he stepped in late in the second game, but that doesn't really count. Miami also has McKnight, Derrius Thompson, who's underrated, and McMichael who'll be awesome at TE. Throw in Ricky Williams, and I'm a LOT more worried about Miami this year than I am about the Pats or Jets. That whole ensemble will make Fiedler-to-Chambers the more dangerous threat. As well, Chambers will be in his third season and he'll be looking to break out.

If I had to guess now the final division standings, barring more injuries to Fiedler, Chambers, and other Fins, I'd say:

Us and the Fins at 11-5 or 12-4 each.

Jets 9-7
Pats 8-8 (no offense)

clumping platelets
05-29-2003, 11:01 AM
Nothing scares me!

Ebenezer
05-29-2003, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by clumping platelets
Nothing scares me!

except for work...

BillsNYC
05-29-2003, 11:34 AM
HAHAHAHA!! LOL!!!

JAY FIEDLER!!

HAHAHAHA!!

Michael82
05-29-2003, 07:31 PM
What scared me was Pennington to Coles. I was terrified of the future out of that combination. However, the Jets are too stupid to realize that and lost one of the top receivers in the league and one of the top QB-WR combos. :snicker: :evil:

Alien (<>..<>)
05-29-2003, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by Mike32282
What scared me was Pennington to Coles. I was terrified of the future out of that combination. However, the Jets are too stupid to realize that and lost one of the top receivers in the league and one of the top QB-WR combos. :snicker: :evil:

I agree about loosing Coles Mike32282 but it was #@$# Snyder who threw tons of money at him, more than our front office calculated, we couldn't keep him. :(

G. Host
05-29-2003, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by Alien (&lt;&gt;..&lt;&gt;)
I agree about losing Coles Mike32282 but it was #@$# Snyder who threw tons of money at him, more than our front office calculated, we couldn't keep him. :(

It was due to the cockimainey idea of only matching part of the contract that they lost Coles.