PDA

View Full Version : Rumor concerning Kyle Williams

Yasgur's Farm
10-21-2009, 11:48 AM
He may be placed on IR according to a reliable poster on another board...

He (the reliable poster's source) has heard that Kyle Williams injury is not a good one. Could be IR'd today. He got this word from another player. Said he cant confirm it but that is what he heard from another DT.

So look for the IR of the best player on the team today.
For what it's worth.

TacklingDummy
10-21-2009, 11:50 AM
Skooby?

trapezeus
10-21-2009, 11:51 AM
cool, because we have the depth to deal with an injury on the DL.

Mahdi
10-21-2009, 11:51 AM

For what it's worth.
Best player?

The guy who is being run over every Sunday? C'mon.

Williams is a rotational DT at best... Giving Spencer and McCargo (if healthy) more reps makes us better IMO.

Yasgur's Farm
10-21-2009, 11:52 AM
Skooby? Sarge from Buffalo's Most Wanted board. His source has been very accurate.

Jaybird
10-21-2009, 11:52 AM
Why can't we just put Dick on the IR

Jaybird
10-21-2009, 11:54 AM
Cb is reporting that Kyle is watching practice today. Doesn't sound like someone who is on IR

bigbub2352
10-21-2009, 11:55 AM
This would make starting DeAngelo Williams on ur fantasy roster a very very wise move
Kyle goes down this D is in deep deep trouble

Yasgur's Farm
10-21-2009, 11:55 AM
Cb is reporting that Kyle is watching practice today. Doesn't sound like someone who is on IR Again... For what it's worth!
And re-read... Never said he WAS on IR.

Dr. Lecter
10-21-2009, 11:56 AM
Best player?

Williams is a rotational DT at best... Giving Spencer and McCargo (if healthy) more reps makes us better IMO.

There is no way McCargo is better than Williams and Williams has been damn good this year.

Jaybird
10-21-2009, 12:10 PM
This would make starting DeAngelo Williams on ur fantasy roster a very very wise move
Kyle goes down this D is in deep deep trouble

He's not good against the run anyways

ELAYAS
10-21-2009, 12:22 PM
there's a roster spot for hardy...

no need to cut roscoe now!

:D

Mahdi
10-21-2009, 01:05 PM
There is no way McCargo is better than Williams and Williams has been damn good this year.
Damn good? Maybe you should re-watch last weeks game where they run 2 split belly plays right over his head.

Or the game against Miami, or the Saints.

KW is a rotational guy, not a guy you depend on to stop the run or get to the QB.

casdhf
10-21-2009, 01:06 PM
Williams has been the best DL on the team this year. Saying that we'll be better off with McCagro is ******ed.

Mahdi
10-21-2009, 01:07 PM
Williams has been the best DL on the team this year. Saying that we'll be better off with McCagro is ******ed.
What has made Williams the best DL on the team? Tell me what he has done?

ddaryl
10-21-2009, 01:08 PM
Best player?

Kyle has been one of the better DT's we have by a long shot.

McCargo never makes a play. Spencer is solid but Kyle has made more plays this year then the rest of our DT's.

ddaryl
10-21-2009, 01:09 PM
What has made Williams the best DL on the team? Tell me what he has done?

He has made numerous plays in the backfield and has produced the most QB pressures from the DT position

PECKERWOOD
10-21-2009, 01:12 PM
Kyle Williams is a top 14-15 DT in the NFL, he isn't as bad as people try to make him out to be. It's just another case of a player being drafted higher, so people automatically think they're better. John McCargo can't even hold Williams jockstrap, it's not even close and actually, Williams production has been on par with Marcus Stroud's for the last 2 seasons. Kyle Williams = Buffalo's new Fat Pat, don't **** this one up.

Mahdi
10-21-2009, 01:15 PM
He has made numerous plays in the backfield and has produced the most QB pressures from the DT position
Yeah, exactly, you have a few plays where Kyle got into the backfield stored in your memory bank and you think that this means he has been playing well.

Sorry but good DT play equals stopping the run and getting to the QB with more consistency than KW does.

This is another symptom of a lack of real talent on the team and guys just going off a few plays to call a player "good."

A good DT is Kevin Williams, maybe that is who you mean, 4 sacks and top 3 run defense.

Mahdi
10-21-2009, 01:15 PM
Kyle Williams is a top 14-15 DT in the NFL, he isn't as bad as people try to make him out to be. It's just another case of a player being drafted higher, so people automatically think they're better. John McCargo can't even hold Williams jockstrap, it's not even close and actually, Williams production has been on par with Marcus Stroud's for the last 2 seasons. Kyle Williams = Buffalo's new Fat Pat, don't **** this one up.
This is funny. A guy that consistently gets pushed out of the way in the run game, and is almost a non-factor in the pass game being compared to a perennial PBer.

Buckets
10-21-2009, 01:31 PM
Best player?

Kyle Williams Stats:

Total tackles 30, Solo 16, Assists 14, Sacks 1

Only Stroud's stats are as good

Griz78
10-21-2009, 01:38 PM
Makes sense that they had Antwan Lake and Ed Johnson in for workouts

Mr. Pink
10-21-2009, 01:40 PM

A stiff breeze is better than McCargo.

Dr. Lecter
10-21-2009, 01:50 PM
Yeah, exactly, you have a few plays where Kyle got into the backfield stored in your memory bank and you think that this means he has been playing well.

Sorry but good DT play equals stopping the run and getting to the QB with more consistency than KW does.

This is another symptom of a lack of real talent on the team and guys just going off a few plays to call a player "good."

A good DT is Kevin Williams, maybe that is who you mean, 4 sacks and top 3 run defense.

Except you went crazy and said McCargo was better than Williams.

I think we all agree Kevin Williams is better than Kyle though.

bigbub2352
10-21-2009, 01:53 PM
McCargo shows why we have depth issues on this football team they traded him and then took him back only to write articles that BOB Sanders has helped him so much and he makes our team again to only get injured be useless in the time he has seen and we are back signing Street Free Agents again
hey DR u getting my point yet with those threads?

anyone who thinks McCargo should be on a NFL roster is sadly mistaken
He is another in a long line of Busts in the 1st rd here
and Maybin will be 2 if they dont get him to OLB fast in a 3-4scheme in my opinion

Mahdi
10-21-2009, 02:12 PM
Kyle Williams Stats:

Total tackles 30, Solo 16, Assists 14, Sacks 1

Only Stroud's stats are as good
and?

Mahdi
10-21-2009, 02:15 PM
Except you went crazy and said McCargo was better than Williams.

I think we all agree Kevin Williams is better than Kyle though.
K.. I didn't say McCargo was better than Williams. I said the combination of a healthy McCargo and more playing time for Spencer would be an upgrade over having Williams in there for 4 quarters. Williams is an effort guy and he wears down and the effort goes, and we get rushed on for 200 yards.

My point is that Williams is not a starting DT. He is a guy that comes in and puts everything into a series and then goes out. That is how you get the most/best out of a guy like KW.

He is way too easily taken out of the game both in the run and the pass game.

Mahdi
10-21-2009, 02:16 PM
McCargo shows why we have depth issues on this football team they traded him and then took him back only to write articles that BOB Sanders has helped him so much and he makes our team again to only get injured be useless in the time he has seen and we are back signing Street Free Agents again
hey DR u getting my point yet with those threads?

anyone who thinks McCargo should be on a NFL roster is sadly mistaken
He is another in a long line of Busts in the 1st rd here
and Maybin will be 2 if they dont get him to OLB fast in a 3-4scheme in my opinion
Yeah so far he is a bust. When he did play though he was solid for us. He is very good at penetrating the backfield and was solid last year in limited playing time at stuffing the run.

Williams is not a 3 down guy or a 4 quarter guy.

bigbub2352
10-21-2009, 02:22 PM
Yeah so far he is a bust. When he did play though he was solid for us. He is very good at penetrating the backfield and was solid last year in limited playing time at stuffing the run.

Williams is not a 3 down guy or a 4 quarter guy.
He showed good penetration 3 times total in his 3+yrs here, its time to give up on the boy he is a injury prone bum
he gets pushed around to much and gives up to much ground as a DT in this league

he is in his prime now so if he is still a rotational player that barely sees the feild he is not worthy of us trading up and giving up valuable picks for him
he is a bust and his fellow 1st rounder that yr is following close behind in Whitner another injury prone 1st rounder, that is very limited as a SS

Aliceinchainsbills15
10-21-2009, 02:29 PM

For what it's worth.
Believe it until i see it or it's on CBSsports or nfl.com

HHURRICANE
10-21-2009, 02:30 PM
cool, because we have the depth to deal with an injury on the DL.

Borken bones and tears are part of the game. It has nothing to do with conditioning or our cream puff camps that avoid contact at all costs.

Just bad luck.

OpIv37
10-21-2009, 02:41 PM

First, Kyle Williams was a 5th round draft pick. That's not exactly setting the bar high.

Second, Williams is having a good season against the pass but he struggles against the run.

Third, Williams isn't as good as Stroud and isn't even in the same league as Fat Pat. That comparison is absurd.

You are completely overvaluing him. This is total homerism.

That being said, Williams deserves the starting position on this roster. Spencer Johnson and John McCargo are several steps below him. If he goes on IR, this bad run D is only going to get worse.

ddaryl
10-21-2009, 02:41 PM

I disagree. I've seen Kyle make plays this year. and he is the 2nd most productive DT on our roster

I really don't understand why Kyle is being called out when you have McCargo contributing zilch...

We can get better at the position... but we have bigger problems at LB IMO

Kyle is our #2 DT....

OpIv37
10-21-2009, 02:50 PM
I disagree. I've seen Kyle make plays this year. and he is the 2nd most productive DT on our roster

I really don't understand why Kyle is being called out when you have McCargo contributing zilch...

Kyle is our #2 DT....

I don't know that Kyle Williams is being called out as much as Peckerwood is being refuted. He claimed that Kyle Williams is a top 15 DT in this league and on par with Pat Williams, which is just absurd.

yordad
10-21-2009, 03:07 PM
I think Kyle may have led the entire league in tackles last year for a 4-3 DT. He was either first or second.

That said, I don't think he is all that good, and I don't think McCargo, if healthy, is that much worse.

Buckets
10-21-2009, 03:33 PM
and?

Your kidding right?? (or just bullheaded)

madness
10-21-2009, 03:39 PM
They did try out 5 DT's yesterday.

PECKERWOOD
10-21-2009, 09:53 PM
I don't know that Kyle Williams is being called out as much as Peckerwood is being refuted. He claimed that Kyle Williams is a top 15 DT in this league and on par with Pat Williams, which is just absurd.

You can't blame our run defense on Kyle Williams, there are so many other things you need to take into account, like our offense going 3 and out all the time and our starting linebackers all being injured for most of the year.. Let's face it, anytime Keith Ellison is your leading tackler, your linebacking core is in some pretty sorry shape. What can I say? Kyle Williams has been one of my favorite players on defense over the last 2 years, he constantly hustles, constantly gets penetration and has completely exceeded all expectations of him. I say top 14-15, because I think he is a solid starter on most NFL teams. Is he as good as Pat Williams? Nah, but when you compare their production over their first 3-4 years it's very similar and Pat Williams had much better players surrounding him on defense for his entire career.

OpIv37
10-21-2009, 10:42 PM
You can't blame our run defense on Kyle Williams, there are so many other things you need to take into account, like our offense going 3 and out all the time and our starting linebackers all being injured for most of the year.. Let's face it, anytime Keith Ellison is your leading tackler, your linebacking core is in some pretty sorry shape. What can I say? Kyle Williams has been one of my favorite players on defense over the last 2 years, he constantly hustles, constantly gets penetration and has completely exceeded all expectations of him. I say top 14-15, because I think he is a solid starter on most NFL teams. Is he as good as Pat Williams? Nah, but when you compare their production over their first 3-4 years it's very similar and Pat Williams had much better players surrounding him on defense for his entire career.

First, I'm not blaming the entire run D on Williams, but he's certainly not helping it either.

Second, I'm not disputing the reasons you cite for him being one of your favorite players, but that doesn't make him a top 15 tackle in this league. Keep in mind that 4-3 teams have two DT's that start, and some teams (like Minnesota) have two starters that are better than Williams alone.

PECKERWOOD
10-21-2009, 11:16 PM
No sir, Kyle Williams is the mannnnnnnnn. Just look at him, he's built like a barrell. By far one of my favorite players on defense, HUGE Kyle Williams fan. There are 32 teams in the NFL, I think that Kyle Williams would be the head junto on half of those teams, vastly underrated by Bills fans. Many people don't realize what they got until it's gone, that's why I compared him to fat Pat, show Kyle Williams some love.

Mahdi
10-22-2009, 08:37 AM

Kyle is our #2 DT....
There is no argument with that. Kyle is certainly the second most productive DT on our roster. But that is not a result of playing well, its simply because he gets 90% of the snaps.

Mahdi
10-22-2009, 08:38 AM
No sir, Kyle Williams is the mannnnnnnnn. Just look at him, he's built like a barrell. By far one of my favorite players on defense, HUGE Kyle Williams fan. There are 32 teams in the NFL, I think that Kyle Williams would be the head junto on half of those teams, vastly underrated by Bills fans. Many people don't realize what they got until it's gone, that's why I compared him to fat Pat, show Kyle Williams some love.
Kyle Williams on most teams would be a primary backup.