• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Jauron: Fitzpatrick is a “serious student of the game”

Full coverage of Jauron's press conference, including injury news, team notes and some of coach's quotes.

LINK

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • trapezeus
    Legendary Zoner
    • Oct 2004

Re: Jauron: Fitzpatrick is a “serious student of the game”

Sometimes the way jauron praises players its the way a teacher praises their dumbest student. For example, he comments on Spencer johnson, "just by being in the league, he's a great athlete." "well timmy is in the 4th grade and he didn't fail 3rd...that's a good thing." But how is timmy doing as a 4th grader, coach jauron?

you can even say the same thing about his praise of fitzpatrick. "He's a great student of the game." Cool, if there is an LSAT type exam on football he'll do well, but there is this issue of his actual ability in the game that worries about 90% of Bills fans. Any opinions on that Dick?
    Last edited by trapezeus; 10-21-2009, 04:26 PM.

Comment

• Philagape
      WIN NOW
      • Jul 2002

Several posters here are serious students of the game, let's start one of them.
      "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
      2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• bigbub2352
        • Feb 2005

how come Russ never talks to the Media?
        shouldnt he ever give a press conferance about some of these topics?
        XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• Mudflap1
          Next Question!
          • Nov 2004

Let's wait 10 years, then hire Ryan Fitzpatrick for offensive coordinator, since he's a student of the game.

Comment

• Syderick
            • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Mudflap1
            Let's wait 10 years, then hire Ryan Fitzpatrick for offensive coordinator, since he's a student of the game.
            Let's not and say we did.
            3,000,000th post on BZ!

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

There are two types of guys who are serious students of the game- real competitors like Manning and Brady, and guys who try to make up for less physical ability by being smarter. Guess which one Fitzy is?
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• trapezeus
                Legendary Zoner
                • Oct 2004

the kelly holcomb school of QBing. He's not just the president, he's a client too!

Comment

• BADTHINGSMAN
                  • Oct 2002

Originally posted by syd1364
                  Let's not and say we did.
                  Lets not even say we did. Enough embarrassment already.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                    Administrator
                    • Jul 2002

Given Fitzy went to Harvard I sure as **** hope he is a serious student.
                    COMING SOON...
                    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• yordad
                      • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Mudflap1
                      Why wait 10 years? Ralph can save even more money if he fired AVP and never hired a replacement.
                      "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• unpaid_bills
                        • Nov 2004

Ok this is lame, he is a career backup QB who literally holds a clipboard, by definition is that a "student" I dont think their is a QB in the league who doesnt put in the work in the playbook, watching film, etc. They wouldnt be in the league if they werent a student of the game

I would rather have a guy who can perform on the field. Great we have a coaching staff and QBs who run nice practices, study game film and prepare themselves, yet when its game time look like a (you fill in the blank)
                        Nobody circles the wagons like the Buffalo Bills .... Bills Mafia for life

Comment

• unpaid_bills
                          • Nov 2004

either that or extremly wealthy parents. I'm not knocking an Ivy league education (for most professional careers) but the football talent they get isnt exactely cream of the crop just saying. Give me a team full of players from USC, Ohio St, Florida, Miami, etc. vs a team of IVY league players (and coaches) there is a difference between smart and football smart.

Comment

• unpaid_bills
                            • Nov 2004

Originally posted by trapezeus
                            Sometimes the way jauron praises players its the way a teacher praises their dumbest student. For example, he comments on Spencer johnson, "just by being in the league, he's a great athlete." "well timmy is in the 4th grade and he didn't fail 3rd...that's a good thing." But how is timmy doing as a 4th grader, coach jauron?

you can even say the same thing about his praise of fitzpatrick. "He's a great student of the game." Cool, if there is an LSAT type exam on football he'll do well, but there is this issue of his actual ability in the game that worries about 90% of Bills fans. Any opinions on that Dick?
                            Dick - well we'll just have to watch the tape and see

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by unpaid_bills
                              either that or extremly wealthy parents. I'm not knocking an Ivy league education (for most professional careers) but the football talent they get isnt exactely cream of the crop just saying. Give me a team full of players from USC, Ohio St, Florida, Miami, etc. vs a team of IVY league players (and coaches) there is a difference between smart and football smart.
                              well, you can get away with a bunch of guys from those schools, but not everyone. You'll get too many Roscoe Parrish types returning punts in the wrong direction. There needs to be some balance- a bunch of Ivy Leaguers won't win many NFL games, but neither will a bunch of Hollywood guys who got 300's on their SAT's.
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                              X