PDA

View Full Version : Jauron: Fitzpatrick is a “serious student of the game”

patmoran2006
10-21-2009, 03:05 PM
Full coverage of Jauron's press conference, including injury news, team notes and some of coach's quotes.

LINK (http://www.buffalosportsdaily.com/2009/10/jauron-fitzpatrick-is-a-serious-student-of-the-game/)

trapezeus
10-21-2009, 03:26 PM
Sometimes the way jauron praises players its the way a teacher praises their dumbest student. For example, he comments on Spencer johnson, "just by being in the league, he's a great athlete." "well timmy is in the 4th grade and he didn't fail 3rd...that's a good thing." But how is timmy doing as a 4th grader, coach jauron?

you can even say the same thing about his praise of fitzpatrick. "He's a great student of the game." Cool, if there is an LSAT type exam on football he'll do well, but there is this issue of his actual ability in the game that worries about 90% of Bills fans. Any opinions on that Dick?

Philagape
10-21-2009, 03:36 PM
Several posters here are serious students of the game, let's start one of them.

bigbub2352
10-21-2009, 03:41 PM
how come Russ never talks to the Media?
shouldnt he ever give a press conferance about some of these topics?

Mudflap1
10-21-2009, 03:41 PM
Let's wait 10 years, then hire Ryan Fitzpatrick for offensive coordinator, since he's a student of the game.

Syderick
10-21-2009, 03:49 PM
Let's wait 10 years, then hire Ryan Fitzpatrick for offensive coordinator, since he's a student of the game.

Let's not and say we did.

OpIv37
10-21-2009, 04:21 PM
There are two types of guys who are serious students of the game- real competitors like Manning and Brady, and guys who try to make up for less physical ability by being smarter. Guess which one Fitzy is?

trapezeus
10-21-2009, 04:26 PM
the kelly holcomb school of QBing. He's not just the president, he's a client too!

BADTHINGSMAN
10-21-2009, 04:55 PM
Let's not and say we did.

Lets not even say we did. Enough embarrassment already.

DraftBoy
10-21-2009, 05:03 PM
Given Fitzy went to Harvard I sure as **** hope he is a serious student.

yordad
10-21-2009, 05:34 PM
Let's wait 10 years, then hire Ryan Fitzpatrick for offensive coordinator, since he's a student of the game.Why wait 10 years? Ralph can save even more money if he fired AVP and never hired a replacement.

unpaid_bills
10-21-2009, 06:22 PM
Ok this is lame, he is a career backup QB who literally holds a clipboard, by definition is that a "student" I dont think their is a QB in the league who doesnt put in the work in the playbook, watching film, etc. They wouldnt be in the league if they werent a student of the game

I would rather have a guy who can perform on the field. Great we have a coaching staff and QBs who run nice practices, study game film and prepare themselves, yet when its game time look like a (you fill in the blank)

unpaid_bills
10-21-2009, 06:25 PM
either that or extremly wealthy parents. I'm not knocking an Ivy league education (for most professional careers) but the football talent they get isnt exactely cream of the crop just saying. Give me a team full of players from USC, Ohio St, Florida, Miami, etc. vs a team of IVY league players (and coaches) there is a difference between smart and football smart.

unpaid_bills
10-21-2009, 06:28 PM
Sometimes the way jauron praises players its the way a teacher praises their dumbest student. For example, he comments on Spencer johnson, "just by being in the league, he's a great athlete." "well timmy is in the 4th grade and he didn't fail 3rd...that's a good thing." But how is timmy doing as a 4th grader, coach jauron?

you can even say the same thing about his praise of fitzpatrick. "He's a great student of the game." Cool, if there is an LSAT type exam on football he'll do well, but there is this issue of his actual ability in the game that worries about 90% of Bills fans. Any opinions on that Dick?

Dick - well we'll just have to watch the tape and see:curtsey:

OpIv37
10-21-2009, 09:00 PM
either that or extremly wealthy parents. I'm not knocking an Ivy league education (for most professional careers) but the football talent they get isnt exactely cream of the crop just saying. Give me a team full of players from USC, Ohio St, Florida, Miami, etc. vs a team of IVY league players (and coaches) there is a difference between smart and football smart.

well, you can get away with a bunch of guys from those schools, but not everyone. You'll get too many Roscoe Parrish types returning punts in the wrong direction. There needs to be some balance- a bunch of Ivy Leaguers won't win many NFL games, but neither will a bunch of Hollywood guys who got 300's on their SAT's.

BillsWin
10-21-2009, 09:08 PM
Several posters here are serious students of the game, let's start one of them.

I can pass the ball over 5 yards, and not afraid to take some risks to make a play. I want to win. Not just play. The Bills mean more to me than almost everything else I have in this world, and helping them win games is something I would love to do. Put me in coach. :roflmao:

haha, I'd probably turn around and fake draw the plays on my jersey like I did as a kid playing in the street.

"Alright Owens, you go deep, but not TOO deep. I'm not that young anymore."

"Evans, you run a slant. Just raise your hand when youre open."

"Hey are linemen eligible?"

:D

justasportsfan
10-21-2009, 09:13 PM
“What a great job he did on the road coming in the game 10 points down. To bring us back and get a victory for us was really an outstanding job.”

this is why they love him. Our players are outstanding even when they suck. Mkay dick.

PECKERWOOD
10-21-2009, 09:44 PM
Go get ass raped by a rabid polar bear already Dick.

I'm so sick of this lame pussy of a head coach.