PDA

View Full Version : I'm not saying he'd come to Buffalo

The Juice Is Loose
10-22-2009, 10:03 AM
Jeff Fisher.

As much as he tries to play off the whole Peyton Manning jersey thing, that kind of reminds me of Josh McDaniels bringing Jay Cutler's jersey to the AFL 50 an'ny thing.

I think Fisher wants out of Tennessee and he wants a fresh start. It wouldn't surprise me one bit to see him land in Dallas, but just the fact that another guy is out there and available, I feel bodes well for us.

I know that for all intents and purposes this season is over with, but I'm gonna let it unfold and I'm gonna get off my horse as far as Jauron goes. I'll give the guy a year to finish up. But anything short of a playoff birth miracle and I feel his time is up.

I just really truly hope that some key players on this team can get it going, and can solidify their future here regardless of who t he next coach is. Primarily Lynch.

bigbub2352
10-22-2009, 10:08 AM
Fisher is a solid coach i would take him over DJ and many others
but i hold out hopes for a light bulb to go off in Mr Burns i mean RW and he hires Gruden Cowher or Shananhan or Marty
but i know im grasping at straws
so we need to see who is available to run the Dollar Store i mean OBD on the cheap

yordad
10-22-2009, 10:10 AM
What Manning jersey thing?

TacklingDummy
10-22-2009, 10:14 AM
Fisher is a terrible coach. The Titians are 0-6. Let's bring in another bum.

OpIv37
10-22-2009, 10:15 AM
The Titans would be dumb to fire Fisher. The dude has been a solid coach and took the team from salary cap jail to one of the better teams in the AFC in 2 friggin years.

I know they've really crapped out this year, but Fisher isn't the problem and firing him isn't the solution.

psubills62
10-22-2009, 10:26 AM
The Titans would be dumb to fire Fisher. The dude has been a solid coach and took the team from salary cap jail to one of the better teams in the AFC in 2 friggin years.

I know they've really crapped out this year, but Fisher isn't the problem and firing him isn't the solution.

We can only hope they do the dumb thing and fire him. I agree, they would be stupid to fire Fisher after all he's done for them.

Dr. Lecter
10-22-2009, 10:26 AM
Fisher is a terrible coach. The Titians are 0-6. Let's bring in another bum.

Terrible coach?

Huh?

Forward_Lateral
10-22-2009, 10:27 AM
Fisher, like many good head coaches past and present, is partly a product of his co-ordinators.

psubills62
10-22-2009, 10:27 AM
What Manning jersey thing?

Fisher was trying to be self-deprecating by wearing a Peyton Manning jersey to a charity. I think he was making fun of himself, and said something to the effect of "I wanted to feel like a winner."

It kind of pissed off Titans fans, though.

TacklingDummy
10-22-2009, 10:35 AM
Terrible coach?

Huh?

Sarcasm

Sorta

Did Jeff Fisher all of a sudden become a bad coach or did the players he has on the roster not perform?

imbondz
10-22-2009, 10:40 AM
Fisher is a great coach. They're 0-6 start isn't him. The team is old. Last year they got every single good break. This year they're getting none. And no way Fisher wants out of TN. They tried bringing in Greg Williams this year, but Williams wanted to bring his son with him, and ownership said no. so now he's at NO. that's gotta hurt.

Raptor
10-22-2009, 10:50 AM
I think people are jumping the gun in thinking that Jauron getting fired is some forgone conclusion

OpIv37
10-22-2009, 10:55 AM
I think people are jumping the gun in thinking that Jauron getting fired is some forgone conclusion

For the fans, it's a foregone conclusion.

For any other team, it would be a foregone conclusion.

But we're talking about the Bills and Ralph Wilson. After all, we have a ton of injuries and still managed to beat the Jets on the road- in Ralph's mind, that's a good enough reason not to buy out Jauron's contract.

DMBcrew36
10-22-2009, 11:09 AM
Fisher's a good coach, though I don't really care for him. To me, he falls into that category of "anything is better than Jauron."

ChristopherWalken
10-22-2009, 11:18 AM
Cowher>Shannahan>Fisher>Holmgren>Schottenheimer>Gruden

IMHO

The good news is that the Bills will have plenty of choices.

The bad news is that the Bills will more than likely not choose one of the above.

justasportsfan
10-22-2009, 11:25 AM
59-0 Pats-bills twice a year?

trapezeus
10-22-2009, 11:42 AM
his mustache is a big selling point for buffalo, and his former mullet will make him popular with the canadiens. if he writes his ticket out of tennessee, i'd love to have him here.

TacklingDummy
10-22-2009, 11:42 AM
For the fans, it's a foregone conclusion.

For any other team, it would be a foregone conclusion.

But we're talking about the Bills and Ralph Wilson. After all, we have a ton of injuries and still managed to beat the Jets on the road- in Ralph's mind, that's a good enough reason not to buy out Jauron's contract.
There are 12 other teams with the same or worse records than the Bills. How many of their coaches have been fired?

Syderick
10-22-2009, 12:08 PM
Fisher defends wearing Manning jersey after Titans fans object:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d81397de0&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

trapezeus
10-22-2009, 12:30 PM
59-0 Pats-bills twice a year?

not twice a year. first game 56-10, second game 59-0.

OpIv37
10-22-2009, 12:40 PM
There are 12 other teams with the same or worse records than the Bills. How many of their coaches have been fired?
Are all those coaches in their 4th year, with the previous 3 being the very definition of mediocrity? Do all of those coaches have losing records for their career? Do all of those coaches continously fail to develop young players? Do all of those coaches continuously make the same game day coaching mistakes?

Jauron was the wrong hire at the time and he's more than proven why. There is no doubt that this team lacks talent, but jauron makes a bad situation worse.

The Juice Is Loose
10-23-2009, 12:12 PM
i'm not saying he should be fired...i just think he wants out and wants a fresh start

why else would he wear a peyton manning jersey? the same reason willis lipped off in the magazine, to shake things up.

this is the new nfl. shanahan got fired last year. he won 2 more super bowls than fisher.

with mcdaniels doing what he's doing and harbough and atlanta's coach, its the trendy thing to move out the old guy.

watch, fisher will be in dallas.