PDA

View Full Version : Coaches salary question.

BillsOwnAll
10-22-2009, 11:08 AM
The coaches salary comes straight out of the owners pocket? Its not part of the salary cap is it.

yordad
10-22-2009, 11:32 AM
yes, out of pocket

OpIv37
10-22-2009, 11:34 AM
It comes from the team's operating income- ie, the total amount of money the team brings in every year.

The amount of money that's left over after paying players, coaches, staff, FO personnel, stadium leases, equipment, practice facilities maintenance, travel and all the other costs associated with running an NFL team becomes the owner's profit.

So, Ralph doesn't exactly pay the coach from his own bank account. However, the more Ralph pays a coach, the less profit he makes on the team that year because it means he's paying out more money.

Yasgur's Farm
10-22-2009, 11:48 AM
All that said... Ralph has some incentive to put a decent product on the field.
Fan interest and post season revenues (or lack thereof) must be considered in the balance of costs.

Ralph, paying the balance of DJ's salary (plus any assistants who become casualties) plus New coach (and assistants) salaries, must carefully weigh those costs against revenues lost due to fans saying F-off and revenues lost from no post game appearances.

If you ask me, I would put the best product on the field that I could... And figure the rest would take care of itself. But I'm just a fan, not a businessman.

BillsOwnAll
10-22-2009, 10:37 PM
All that said... Ralph has some incentive to put a decent product on the field.
Fan interest and post season revenues (or lack thereof) must be considered in the balance of costs.

Ralph, paying the balance of DJ's salary (plus any assistants who become casualties) plus New coach (and assistants) salaries, must carefully weigh those costs against revenues lost due to fans saying F-off and revenues lost from no post game appearances.

If you ask me, I would put the best product on the field that I could... And figure the rest would take care of itself. But I'm just a fan, not a businessman.

That said too I mean Ralphs what like 92? I dont get why he cares about money so much. Whats another million to him. You would think hed rather see the team win then save 3 million dollars.

Yasgur's Farm
10-23-2009, 06:03 AM
It's not $3M... It's $8M for Jauron alone. We're talking in the $10's of M.

But I do agree with you... He should spend it. It'll cost him that anyway in lost money from disgruntled fans and lack of playoffs... He might as well have a good product if he's gonna hafta spend the foldin'.

yordad
10-23-2009, 07:20 AM
It comes from the team's operating income- ie, the total amount of money the team brings in every year.

The amount of money that's left over after paying players, coaches, staff, FO personnel, stadium leases, equipment, practice facilities maintenance, travel and all the other costs associated with running an NFL team becomes the owner's profit.

So, Ralph doesn't exactly pay the coach from his own bank account. However, the more Ralph pays a coach, the less profit he makes on the team that year because it means he's paying out more money.OP, lets simplify. The more he pays a coach, the less Ralph makes. It comes right out of his profit.

Thus, right out of Ralph's pocket.