PDA

View Full Version : Charlotte sports talk radio

DBrown77
10-22-2009, 12:50 PM
I always listen to the local sports talk radio here in Charlotte and Brenston Buckner has been slamming the Bills all week. He is basically saying this is a cake walk for the Panthers and keeps pointing to our #32 ranked run defense.

He says all they need to do is run the ball 70 times and they will win.

He gives the Bills zero credit. Now i know that The Bills can seem like a cakewalk but what P***'s me off is that Carolina has won 2 games against Tampa and Washington, thats it.

I dont understand why he thinks the Panthers who are as bad as the Bills are going to just dominate this game.

Just thought i would give you all an idea of what they are thinking down here.

cocamide
10-22-2009, 12:54 PM
It'll be tough for them to run 70 times when each run is going to go for 20+ yards.

hydro
10-22-2009, 12:54 PM
Bulletin board material for sure. Maybe it will light a fire under this team.

HAMMER
10-22-2009, 12:56 PM
Can our run defense really be any worse than it has been, guess we'll find out this week.

ratso
10-22-2009, 01:01 PM
Stop getting sucked in!!!!!! Do you really think he believes this after watching his team almost lose to Tampa Bay.? Don't you think he knows how many people from Buffalo live in Charlotte and would run through a wall for the Bills even when they are this bad? Makes for good radio getting ten thousand ex-buffalonian's calling in telling him he is a moron making stupid haircut and underwear bets on who will win. (If the Bills win you have to streak down Main St. If the panthers win I will color my hair purple etc.......)

Good way to liven up a game between two teams that will probably be five and six on the clock in the first round of the draft respectively at the end of the year.

DBrown77
10-22-2009, 01:09 PM
Buckner retired and does a radio show with Frank Garcia here locally. Hes not on the Panthers anymore.

He does like to rip Julius Peppers though which i enjoy

BillsWin
10-22-2009, 01:15 PM
i think we win this game. we have an uncanny knack for allowing alot of yards but winning the game. if its against a bad team.

don137
10-22-2009, 01:31 PM
Its very simple. Keep doing what other teams have been doing. Stay patient, stack 8 in the box while double teaming Smith and wait for Delhomme to make a mistake. The Panthers have awful DBs and safetys not to mention Peppers takes off three games out of four and he plyed well two weeks ago against Washington so he will not show up for this game.

yordad
10-22-2009, 01:58 PM
Good way to liven up a game between two teams that will probably be five and six on the clock in the first round of the draft respectively at the end of the year.Well crap, looks like it is a reverse race to see who gets the pick of the litter at QB. :(

DBrown77
10-22-2009, 02:06 PM
Well crap, looks like it is a reverse race to see who gets the pick of the litter at QB. :( Carolina traded their first next year to move up and get Everette Brown. San Fran got the pick which looks like gold right now

ChristopherWalken
10-22-2009, 02:19 PM
Anyone that plays fantasy football knows that Delhomme has been absolutely putrid this year.

77 yards passing against the Eagles. Only 65 against the Bucs. A measly 181 against the Skins.

His passer rating is a dismal 56.8 as he has 11 int and 10 sacks. The only game that he posted decent numbers was to the Falcons in week 2 where he fell short of win.

Dr. Pepper
10-22-2009, 02:28 PM
Carolina traded their first next year to move up and get Everette Brown. San Fran got the pick which looks like gold right now

thats nice we wont be competing with carolina for a QB in the first round, but san fran needs one too! dammit.

cocamide
10-22-2009, 02:30 PM
Anyone that plays fantasy football knows that Delhomme has been absolutely putrid this year.

77 yards passing against the Eagles. Only 65 against the Bucs. A measly 181 against the Skins.

His passer rating is a dismal 56.8 as he has 11 int and 10 sacks. The only game that he posted decent numbers was to the Falcons in week 2 where he fell short of win.

With little to no threat from their passing game, we should be able to put 8 in the box all day and force Delhomme to beat us. It'll be real interesting to see what happens this game.

don137
10-22-2009, 02:31 PM
Carolina traded their first next year to move up and get Everette Brown. San Fran got the pick which looks like gold right now

The reason San Fran traded its pick is because they wanted Byrd who went one picked earlier to Buffalo and did not want anyone else in that spot.

psubills62
10-22-2009, 02:35 PM
I know it's the optimist in me, but I can't see Buffalo's run D being this bad for much longer. I also think that our pass D will get a little worse as time goes on, but the run defense should improve. Maybe not against Carolina, but at SOME point down the road.

Ickybaluky
10-22-2009, 02:37 PM

The problem is I doubt the Panthers pass the ball much, unless they get behind early. Thus, most of what Delhomme is doing is handing off.

The 2 keys for the Bills are playing tougher against the run and blocking Julius Peppers. Peppers has played really well the last 2 games (4 sacks) and will be going up against an inexperienced Bills OL.

Do those 2 things and the Bills stand a pretty good chance of a win.

bflojohn
10-22-2009, 03:23 PM
NE39 hit it on the head.... Take the early lead and build it to, oh say, double digits and see if that ground game can win the contest! The simple truth is that the Bills should go for the throat early and often in this game, but Dick Jauron isn't that bright, I'm afraid....

DBrown77
10-22-2009, 03:51 PM
The reason San Fran traded its pick is because they wanted Byrd who went one picked earlier to Buffalo and did not want anyone else in that spot. Interesting. Didnt know that.

Nighthawk
10-22-2009, 06:26 PM

You could have a blowtorch under Dickey's ass and he still wouldn't show any emotion...

MikeNC
10-22-2009, 07:16 PM
Steve Smith is unhappy about his role right now with the Panthers..Jake will be forcing the ball to him all game...Put the pressure on Jake and he will crack...As for Brentson Buckner...dont listen to what that marble mouth has to say, he is a bonified idiot....

Novacane
10-22-2009, 07:31 PM
Peppers takes off three games out of four and he plyed well two weeks ago against Washington so he will not show up for this game.

He can not show up and still get 3 sacks against our OL

Scumbag College
10-22-2009, 07:33 PM
NE39 hit it on the head.... Take the early lead and build it to, oh say, double digits and see if that ground game can win the contest! The simple truth is that the Bills should go for the throat early and often in this game, but Dick Jauron isn't that bright, I'm afraid....

The only thing about getting a double digit lead is that you have to have a team that can score more than 10 points a game. :(

Demon
10-22-2009, 08:47 PM

Teams don't listen to no-name radio hosts.

DBrown77
10-23-2009, 07:15 AM
Now on the morning show they are saying this game is a LOCK for the Panthers. I just dont understand the hype on the Panthers. They have 2 wins and barely got them between Washington and Tampa.

I think they are high on the running game because they finally got it going last week

On a side note i called in to the drivetime show last night and Jon Beason was on. He did say the Bills pursued him in the draft. We likely could not get back in the first to take him so moved up in the 2nd to take POZ. I wish we had Beason instead.

eee1776
10-23-2009, 10:51 AM
With the amount of Bills fans going to the game the Panthers will have to wonder what stadium they are really playing in.