X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • M
    • Aug 2006

Parrish is "frustrated"

Roscoe Parrish will be watching one of his teammates return punts again this week as he’s likely to be a healthy inactive for a second straight Sunday. On Thursday the league’s all-time leader in punt return average addressed his situation.
    “Very frustrated,” said Parrish after Thursday’s practice...
    Let's Go Bills ... B B B B B B Bills!
  • casdhf
    • Jul 2002

Re: Parrish is "frustrated"

Put him on PRs and leave Freddy on KRs. I don't like 'Scoe doing both.
    Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
    cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• BillsWin
      man amongst boys
      • Oct 2008

he has a point about the track record though. The guy has lead the league in return average the past two years. If we couldnt trade him, or wont cut him, put him back deep to return.
      I am The Batman.

Comment

• M
        • Aug 2006

Just wondering why he was benched in the first place. I'm not a big Parrish fan to begin with but it can't be just because of his bout with fumbilitis.
        Let's Go Bills ... B B B B B B Bills!

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

He has a track record of being an idiot. He gambles on every return. When it pays off, he looks like a genius and pads his average. When it doesn't pay off, it costs us games. He's just been lucky up to this point.

If he's frustrated that he's not playing, then he should keep his head in the game and make smart plays and he wouldn't be on the bench. It's his own damn fault.

That being said, I don't like the way the organization is dealing with this situation. If we cut him, someone else would pick him up quickly, and he'd have an opportunity to play instead of rotting on the bench. I don't really care about Parrish himself, but treating players like this isn't exactly going to help win over free agents.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by CTBills97
            Just wondering why he was benched in the first place. I'm not a big Parrish fan to begin with but it can't be just because of his bout with fumbilitis.
            he's also been whining about his role in the offense- he thinks he should get more touches- and it's pissing off the coaching staff and becoming a disruption.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
              Defies all logic
              • Oct 2006

Eh, I can't see how no team would not want to trade for Parrish, I think it's a power struggle between Parrish our FO and the coaching staff. The flat out "he sucks" explanation just doesn't do it for me, there is something more to it.

Comment

• psubills62
                Legendary Zoner
                • Sep 2008

Gee Parrish, you think fans aren't "frustrated" after seeing you fumble away one, possibly two wins? Fred Jackson was better on two punt returns than you've been all year. I don't care if you're the all-time leader in punt return average, if you're doing absolutely nothing right now then you deserve to be benched.
                "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by PECKERWOOD
                  Eh, I can't see how no team would not want to trade for Parrish, I think it's a power struggle between Parrish our FO and the coaching staff. The flat out "he sucks" explanation just doesn't do it for me, there is something more to it.
                  no one wanted to trade for him because a) the Bills were asking too much and b) the situation is near the breaking point, and it's likely he'll be cut, so another team can pick him up without giving up compensation or inheriting his ****ty contract.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                    • Mar 2005

Our genius office gave him a 10 million dollar deal to sit on the bench. You wonder why Peters wasn't going to get paid here?

Comment

• trapezeus
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Oct 2004

what is frustrating about collecting on a contract that no other team was willing to pay. they are doing him a favor by not cutting him and leaving him high and dry for the remainder.

Next year, someone will get him, and he'll be forced to restructure his contract or get nothing.

Comment

• cocamide
                        • Oct 2006

Let him return punts, and maybe try to work him in to some sort of wildcat formation. I like the idea of him getting quick slants from the slot and screens. I loved it when he broke that one CB's ankles in preseason on that one screen. I hate him returning kicks though. You need to go more north and south on kickoffs, and you have to be able to break at least one tackle. He does neither on kickoffs.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                          • Mar 2004

For every great return Parrish has, he has an equally stupid one. How many times has he lost 10 yards trying to make something out of nothing?

Comment

• madness
                            • Apr 2003

“Very frustrated,” said Parrish after Thursday’s practice. ”It’s just something the coaches went with. That’s how they feel about the personnel right now. I don’t feel like I did something on the field where I put myself in a situation like this because you have guys make mistakes every Sunday. That’s the frustrating thing about the situation.
                            Really, Mr. Parrish? I mean, really? There's a difference getting flagged for a false start or missing a key block as opposed to trying to pickup a ball you should have FC'd in the first place or getting tackled for a 15 yard loss on a stinking punt return.

Comment

• trapezeus
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Oct 2004

true, but he has a bit of a point. so many players aren't held accountable and get into this slow grid it out to a loss mentality. but parrish tries to make something happen and makes a mistake and he's relegated to the bench...

i see why he thinks its not fair.

Comment

Working...
                              X