PDA

View Full Version : Parrish is "frustrated"

M
10-22-2009, 02:48 PM
Roscoe Parrish will be watching one of his teammates return punts again this week as he’s likely to be a healthy inactive for a second straight Sunday. On Thursday the league’s all-time leader in punt return average addressed his situation.
“Very frustrated,” said Parrish after Thursday’s practice...

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2009/10/22/parrish-on-his-inactive-status/

casdhf
10-22-2009, 02:53 PM
Put him on PRs and leave Freddy on KRs. I don't like 'Scoe doing both.

BillsWin
10-22-2009, 02:54 PM
he has a point about the track record though. The guy has lead the league in return average the past two years. If we couldnt trade him, or wont cut him, put him back deep to return.

M
10-22-2009, 02:54 PM
Just wondering why he was benched in the first place. I'm not a big Parrish fan to begin with but it can't be just because of his bout with fumbilitis.

OpIv37
10-22-2009, 02:59 PM
He has a track record of being an idiot. He gambles on every return. When it pays off, he looks like a genius and pads his average. When it doesn't pay off, it costs us games. He's just been lucky up to this point.

If he's frustrated that he's not playing, then he should keep his head in the game and make smart plays and he wouldn't be on the bench. It's his own damn fault.

That being said, I don't like the way the organization is dealing with this situation. If we cut him, someone else would pick him up quickly, and he'd have an opportunity to play instead of rotting on the bench. I don't really care about Parrish himself, but treating players like this isn't exactly going to help win over free agents.

OpIv37
10-22-2009, 02:59 PM
Just wondering why he was benched in the first place. I'm not a big Parrish fan to begin with but it can't be just because of his bout with fumbilitis.

he's also been whining about his role in the offense- he thinks he should get more touches- and it's pissing off the coaching staff and becoming a disruption.

PECKERWOOD
10-22-2009, 03:00 PM
Eh, I can't see how no team would not want to trade for Parrish, I think it's a power struggle between Parrish our FO and the coaching staff. The flat out "he sucks" explanation just doesn't do it for me, there is something more to it.

psubills62
10-22-2009, 03:01 PM
Gee Parrish, you think fans aren't "frustrated" after seeing you fumble away one, possibly two wins? Fred Jackson was better on two punt returns than you've been all year. I don't care if you're the all-time leader in punt return average, if you're doing absolutely nothing right now then you deserve to be benched.

OpIv37
10-22-2009, 03:02 PM
Eh, I can't see how no team would not want to trade for Parrish, I think it's a power struggle between Parrish our FO and the coaching staff. The flat out "he sucks" explanation just doesn't do it for me, there is something more to it.

no one wanted to trade for him because a) the Bills were asking too much and b) the situation is near the breaking point, and it's likely he'll be cut, so another team can pick him up without giving up compensation or inheriting his ****ty contract.

HHURRICANE
10-22-2009, 03:03 PM
Our genius office gave him a 10 million dollar deal to sit on the bench. You wonder why Peters wasn't going to get paid here?

trapezeus
10-22-2009, 03:06 PM
what is frustrating about collecting on a contract that no other team was willing to pay. they are doing him a favor by not cutting him and leaving him high and dry for the remainder.

Next year, someone will get him, and he'll be forced to restructure his contract or get nothing.

cocamide
10-22-2009, 03:07 PM
Let him return punts, and maybe try to work him in to some sort of wildcat formation. I like the idea of him getting quick slants from the slot and screens. I loved it when he broke that one CB's ankles in preseason on that one screen. I hate him returning kicks though. You need to go more north and south on kickoffs, and you have to be able to break at least one tackle. He does neither on kickoffs.

Forward_Lateral
10-22-2009, 03:12 PM
For every great return Parrish has, he has an equally stupid one. How many times has he lost 10 yards trying to make something out of nothing?

madness
10-22-2009, 03:19 PM
“Very frustrated,” said Parrish after Thursday’s practice. ”It’s just something the coaches went with. That’s how they feel about the personnel right now. I don’t feel like I did something on the field where I put myself in a situation like this because you have guys make mistakes every Sunday. That’s the frustrating thing about the situation.

Really, Mr. Parrish? I mean, really? There's a difference getting flagged for a false start or missing a key block as opposed to trying to pickup a ball you should have FC'd in the first place or getting tackled for a 15 yard loss on a stinking punt return.

trapezeus
10-22-2009, 03:23 PM
true, but he has a bit of a point. so many players aren't held accountable and get into this slow grid it out to a loss mentality. but parrish tries to make something happen and makes a mistake and he's relegated to the bench...

i see why he thinks its not fair.

don137
10-22-2009, 03:29 PM
Parrish has not been an assett on punt returns this year for the Bills. In fact, he has been a liability. Yes, he has a great punt return history but his play as a WR would have had him out of this league a long time ago. Since he is hurting this team on special teams he has really no value anymore.

OpIv37
10-22-2009, 03:36 PM
The "history" argument is ridiculous anyway. The league is full of players with great histories who either don't start or come off the field in certain situations because they are no longer performing well in those situations.

Hell, Jim Kelly has a history of winning games as Bills QB. Does that mean we should sign him to come back and play QB?

I guess that's the kind of logic they teach at Duhhhhhhh U. And yes, I'm well aware of the irony of mocking Miami and complimenting Kelly in the same post.

patmoran2006
10-22-2009, 03:42 PM
I actually went out of my way to give Chris Brown solid credit for a really good peice.

http://www.buffalosportsdaily.com/2009/10/parrish-frustration-boiling-over/

yordad
10-22-2009, 03:45 PM
Eh, I can't see how no team would not want to trade for Parrish, I think it's a power struggle between Parrish our FO and the coaching staff. The flat out "he sucks" explanation just doesn't do it for me, there is something more to it.Naw, I think he just sucks.

madness
10-22-2009, 03:48 PM
Of course he's trying to make something out of nothing and break every play into a big play... he's auditioning for another team and he knows it. He wants out so give it to him. Cut him now.

Reference JP Losman's self acclaimed "highlight reel".

yordad
10-22-2009, 03:50 PM
Well, maybe after this reality check he will feel fortunate for his opportunities as a punt returner, rather than unfortunate from his lack of chances in the passing game.

I think Parrish's head was getting a little big. I am pretty sure the fact no one was willing to trade a 7th rounder for him was quite humbling. Or at least it should have been.

malo
10-22-2009, 03:53 PM
Benching him makes no sense whatsowver.

BertSquirtgum
10-22-2009, 04:16 PM
i want to squish his big bobble head on that little body of his. what an arrogant little ****.

Crisis
10-22-2009, 04:24 PM
I'm pretty frustrated that we wasted a second round pick on a returner that can't even return punts anymore.

WeAreArthurMoates
10-22-2009, 04:32 PM
Dante Hall was once great a punt returns and sucks now. Scoe had to many bone head plays, sorry bro your done. The fumbles weren't even the worst, the 20 yard loss in cleveland killed us.

BertSquirtgum
10-22-2009, 04:40 PM
Benching him makes no sense whatsowver.

it makes perfect sense. maybe he'll wake up and smell the coffee after he gets a glimpse of reality

trapezeus
10-22-2009, 04:48 PM
We have a special teams unit that takes a penalty every time someone touches the ball. What is the point of adding one more liability out there in Parrish. So you could have Jackson field it and move it 4 yard, and then the penalty send us 5 yards back or you can have parrish break a long one once and have it brough back from penalty at best or you can have him fumble the ball and have the other team decline the penalty. Personally, i'd go with jackson fielding the punt.

Wade phillips would be proud, but we just need to get a punt catcher. that's hopefully stop the ability for the ST unit to take a penalty. Roscoe isn't a punt catcher. he's a punt liability.

YoungEz
10-22-2009, 05:07 PM
Id be frustrated to going from The U and now playing for this bills team

There are articles saying T.O. is done now, Bills destroying players for the past decade

Typ0
10-22-2009, 09:09 PM
Parrish's problem is he always runs backwards. It's not about the fumbles. That being said, this whole situation stinks of the bad business management that has been present long before DJ was here. They just don't talk to the players right upstairs and then they say "it's a business". It won't be until Wilson is dead they might realize a business employs people and when the people are treated like people they return that to the business with better performance.

Demon
10-22-2009, 09:20 PM
He's "frustrated"? Wow.... if that what he calls it, then i don't know even know how I feel. The guy is a joke. People should stop even interviewing him. So tired of listening to him. Frustrated. Good joke.

justasportsfan
10-22-2009, 09:50 PM
If Fred gets injured returning punts , Omans da man.

If sitting Parrish is because of his mistakes then it's a stupid move IMO. If it's becuase we would rather go with Stevie/Hardy on O then it's a good move

yordad
10-22-2009, 09:57 PM
He's "frustrated"? Wow.... if that what he calls it, then i don't know even know how I feel. The guy is a joke. People should stop even interviewing him. So tired of listening to him. Frustrated. Good joke.May I ask what you expected him to say?

HHURRICANE
10-23-2009, 09:30 AM
Here's my issue. We couldn't get Parrish traded at all. Nobody wanted him.

So how does it make sense having him do nothing?

He's that much of a liability? We are in that much danger that he'll lose us another game.

How does this FO get a pass for wasting a 53 man roster spot on a healthy scratch who can only return punts??!

How did he get resigned?

Jan Reimers
10-23-2009, 09:38 AM
I think he got resigned because he was the best punt returner in the league the last couple of seasons. He just turned into a pumpkin this season.

Typ0
10-23-2009, 10:31 AM
How did he get resigned?

The hope was he would be worth something in a trade...and they likely had a deal working but it fell through. The problem with having him on the field is he runs the wrong way sometimes and he isnt' making an adjustment for that. Since the offense is having such trouble moving the ball running backwords is detrimental.

Michael82
10-23-2009, 12:17 PM
He only turned into a **** returner this year because he doesn't care anymore. He's been wanting out of here all offseason and is a big distraction. The Bills have tried to trade him several times and got no offers. If he really wanted to be dealt..he should have played his ass off. Instead he half assed it and became a problem in the locker room. I have a feeling that they are only holding onto him until Hardy is ready and then will cut him.

Typ0
10-23-2009, 08:41 PM
he turned into a **** returner because the talent on his squad went down significantly.

He only turned into a **** returner this year because he doesn't care anymore. He's been wanting out of here all offseason and is a big distraction. The Bills have tried to trade him several times and got no offers. If he really wanted to be dealt..he should have played his ass off. Instead he half assed it and became a problem in the locker room. I have a feeling that they are only holding onto him until Hardy is ready and then will cut him.

Demon
10-23-2009, 09:45 PM
May I ask what you expected him to say?

Take responsibility and say he's going to work hard, hope coaches give him another chance and when he gets that chance, he'll make the most of it.

TacklingDummy
10-23-2009, 10:01 PM
he has a point about the track record though..
JP Losman had the track record of being the 11th ranked passer.

Crisis
10-24-2009, 01:19 AM
JP Losman had the track record of being the 11th ranked passer.

Please, let's not get the JP fans started.