X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mike
    • Jan 2009

What NFL Players think about playing in Buffalo

“I don’t think we doubled him once,” the Jets player said. “Buffalo will make you hit a wall [in your career]. People thought Randy Moss(notes) hit a wall, too, didn’t they? How motivated is [Owens] to play in Buffalo? How excited is he about the offense? They just canned the no-huddle [stuff] because it wasn’t working. They’re not finding creative ways to get him the football, either.”
    link: http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...yhoo&type=lgns

Offensive Problems: Why we suck

“Their offensive line is really struggling,” former Bills coach and general manger Marv Levy said. “It’s young, it’s inexperienced and now add to that that they’re beaten up and battered. They’re seeing a tremendous amount of double coverage on their receivers. Then they get behind and have to throw the ball. As a result [of the double teams] they have to throw a lot of dump off passes, so the offense field gets shorter. So there aren’t many going to him. That’s really what it amounts to. You can force it to him, but that’s when you get interceptions.”
    Please Make Sense
  • T-Long
    Circling the Wagons since 1982.
    • Sep 2003

Re: What NFL Players think about playing in Buffalo

I love how the Jets player remains anonymous. Well too bad dickhead, we beat your sorry ass so you can downplay our team or say this an that, WE beat YOU in YOUR house.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
      Lets GO BUFFALO!!
      • Jun 2005

This is the 3rd thread on that same article. Doesnt anyone check before posting info?

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
        Defies all logic
        • Oct 2006

Thank GOD that a Jets player spoke for all the Bills fans who cannot speak, our game planning on offense is such a joke.......... Thank you anonymous Jets player.

Comment

• Demon
          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by PECKERWOOD
          Thank GOD that a Jets player spoke for all the Bills fans who cannot speak, our game planning on offense is such a joke.......... Thank you anonymous Jets player.
          Um, i guess. But, our pathetic offense beat their defense. Our pathetic offense didn't throw 5 INT's. This Jets player shouldn't be going to yahoo and asking for them not to reveal his name, but should go straight to the Jets team meeting and speak out about their pathetic offense. Jets offense is FAR from impressive. And Mark Sanchez looked horrid and blamed the weather.... the weather he saw is nothing compared to what he'll see in a few weeks.

Besides, why are we taking something a bitter Jets player has to say? They had an easy win and failed and their playoff hopes are on thin ice.
          Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• Nighthawk
            Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by T-Long
            I love how the Jets player remains anonymous. Well too bad dickhead, we beat your sorry ass so you can downplay our team or say this an that, WE beat YOU in YOUR house.
            We really didn't "beat their asses"...they kind of gave the game to the Bills.

Comment

• Nighthawk
              Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Demon
              Um, i guess. But, our pathetic offense beat their defense. Our pathetic offense didn't throw 5 INT's. This Jets player shouldn't be going to yahoo and asking for them not to reveal his name, but should go straight to the Jets team meeting and speak out about their pathetic offense. Jets offense is FAR from impressive. And Mark Sanchez looked horrid and blamed the weather.... the weather he saw is nothing compared to what he'll see in a few weeks.

Besides, why are we taking something a bitter Jets player has to say? They had an easy win and failed and their playoff hopes are on thin ice.
              Are you guys for real? If their QB doesn't throw 5 Ints...our offense doesn't do anything. It's amazing how "stupid" people get after one meaningless win that was basically handed to the Bills. Some fans just lose all rational thought...

Comment

• theanswer74
                • Apr 2004

Originally posted by T-Long
                One day he may be a mediocre free agent, he knows the Bills pay those guys well, so he will stay anonymous.

Comment

• Demon
                  • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Nighthawk
                  Are you guys for real? If their QB doesn't throw 5 Ints...our offense doesn't do anything. It's amazing how "stupid" people get after one meaningless win that was basically handed to the Bills. Some fans just lose all rational thought...
                  He's pointing out OUR OFFENSIVE problems. You don't think throwing 5 picks is their OFFENSIVE problem? Before calling out our pathetic offense, he should focus on getting theirs fixed.
                  Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                    Defies all logic
                    • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Nighthawk
                    You're just constantly rational and quickly becoming one of my favorite football posters. Our secondary completely won us that game, no question about that AT ALL. Five interceptions??????? We will likely have to wait a decade before we see that happen again in Buffalo.

Comment

• dplus47
                      • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Demon
                      He's pointing out OUR OFFENSIVE problems. You don't think throwing 5 picks is their OFFENSIVE problem? Before calling out our pathetic offense, he should focus on getting theirs fixed.
                      the jets talked a lot of smack after losing that monday nighter in miami, as well. they talk before games, they talk after wins, they talk after losses... at least they're consistent.

Comment

• Thurmal
                        • Oct 2005

When your franchise's best all-time receiver is Al Toon and you've only won the AFC East like five times ever, you probably shouldn't talk about other teams being the place where WRs "hit a wall" in their career.
                        Last edited by Thurmal; 10-23-2009, 07:33 AM.
                        "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• yordad
                          • Dec 2007

I guess that means Braylon Edwards must be on his way to a HOF career.
                          "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                            • May 2003

I think Edwards has played a part in Owens' demise this season, but at least as big a problem seems to be that his skills are in serious decline.
                            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• MassEffect218435
                              • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                              I think Edwards has played a part in Owens' demise this season, but at least as big a problem seems to be that his skills are in serious decline.
                              Owens has slowly been in decline since last year. He was horrible with the Cowboys and it was all too obvious that he was starting to lose it.

Comment

Working...
                              X