PDA

View Full Version : Probowl time.

BillsWin
10-22-2009, 04:29 PM
I say we vote Byrd to the pro bowl if he gets a few more picks over the course of the season.

Its a little too early to tell just how good his numbers will be this year, but he is tied for the conference lead in interceptions, and also has 25 tackles. Considering that he hasn't started every game this season, but has played very well, I say if he continues his streak he has a case.

Who else will get the vote for the Bills?

Voting begins Oct. 26

EDS
10-22-2009, 04:32 PM
I say we vote Byrd to the pro bowl if he gets a few more picks over the course of the season.

Its a little too early to tell just how good his numbers will be this year, but he is tied for the conference lead in interceptions, and also has 25 tackles. Considering that he hasn't started every game this season, but has played very well, I say if he continues his streak he has a case.

Who else will get the vote for the Bills?

Voting begins Oct. 26

If the Bills stink he has no chance unless he gets lots of INTs. They are not going to play Sanchez every week.

Crisis
10-22-2009, 04:34 PM
If the Bills stink he has no chance unless he gets lots of INTs. They are not going to play Sanchez every week.

But they do play him one more time and Jake Delhomme! He can get a career worth of interceptions in those 3 games alone.

Crisis
10-22-2009, 04:35 PM
In all seriousness, the only one I could see justifying would be Fred Jackson if Marshawn was still out, but splitting time I don't see that happening.

Byrd is a longshot, considering the safeties in the AFC.

casdhf
10-22-2009, 04:40 PM
Kyle Williams

BillsWin
10-22-2009, 04:41 PM
In all seriousness, the only one I could see justifying would be Fred Jackson if Marshawn was still out, but splitting time I don't see that happening.

Byrd is a longshot, considering the safeties in the AFC.

he leads them in INTs... anything is possible! :whistling

BillsWin
10-22-2009, 04:42 PM
Kyle Williams
I agree. He needs some more TFL and sacks, but he is doing very well.

BuffaloBlitz83
10-22-2009, 05:01 PM
I agree. He needs some more TFL and sacks, but he is doing very well.

He's not even our best DT

Night Train
10-22-2009, 05:03 PM
If any Bill gets voted in, then the Pro Bowl has zero credibility...if it had any to begin with.

Mitchell55
10-22-2009, 05:07 PM
Byrd and Schobel if he gets lots more of sacks

EDS
10-22-2009, 05:36 PM
he leads them in INTs... anything is possible! :whistling

Ellison leads the AFC in tackles, but it doesn't mean he has a chance of going to the pro bowl.

BillsWin
10-22-2009, 05:41 PM
Ellison leads the AFC in tackles, but it doesn't mean he has a chance of going to the pro bowl.

Only if we vote him in!!! :jig:

yordad
10-22-2009, 05:45 PM
I do not vote for Bills out of fear they will want a raise.

yordad
10-22-2009, 05:48 PM
If you are interested, and this was before the Peters thing.
I didn't vote for any of the Bills to go to the Probowl.

Why? Lets take a look.

What is in it for the player? $20,000 to $40,000 depending on if they win (I think). And, recognition. Right?

What is in it for the team? Nothing positive from what I see.

I'll start with the smaller reason, because it might not be valid. Would making the Probowl alert opposing teams to who our play makers are? Or would the game film speak for itself? Either way, would we want the opposition game planning for our strongest player? Or, would a no-name defense catch them off guard?

Moving on to the real reason. When a player makes the Probowl, they draw bigger contracts just by having it on their resume. If a player gets snubbed year after year, he will command a smaller contract then a guy that goes, but really doesn't deserve to. Just because it is on his resume it would be a huge bargaining chip for his agent because he is validated.

A prime example is Schobel and Crowell. Schobel received a huge extension after going to the Pro-bowl. Crowell could have made it, but didn't. He wont get anything. Look at Fletcher. Schobel makes more than Fletcher ever did.

And, it can effect free agency too. Maybe a guy wants to hit the market if he is a perennial probowler. And, a bidding war is more likely, due to the wide spread recognition.

Bottom line, I don't vote for them because I don't want them to want more money, and I don't want other teams to court them as hard. I like our no-name defense. It has 11 leaders.

Is that wrong?link (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=142319)

Night Train
10-22-2009, 05:50 PM

I'm going to load the ballot box on Ellison, just to show how insane this process is. :up:

yordad
10-22-2009, 05:52 PM
I'm going to load the ballot box on Ellison, just to show how insane this process is. :up:Lol, then the Bills will extend him.

Night Train
10-22-2009, 05:55 PM
Lol, then the Bills will extend him.

5 year extension - 35 Mil

Russ Brandon labels the signing " a steal " :up:

Night Train
10-22-2009, 05:59 PM
ELL-I-SON ..ELL-I-SON ..ELL-I-SON !

MY God ! The movement is gaining steam ! :shout:

BillsWin
10-22-2009, 06:04 PM
ELL-I-SON ..ELL-I-SON ..ELL-I-SON !

MY God ! The movement is gaining steam ! :shout:

:brilliant:

yordad
10-22-2009, 06:07 PM
5 year extension - 35 Mil

Russ Brandon labels the signing " a steal " :up:Maybe if we vote him in he will force a trade!

OpIv37
10-22-2009, 06:12 PM
Not a single person on this team should even be considered. Not one. We don't have to reward mediocrity just because Ralph and dick do.

BillsWin
10-22-2009, 06:36 PM
Not a single person on this team should even be considered. Not one. We don't have to reward mediocrity just because Ralph and dick do.

Moorman? :idunno:

yordad
10-22-2009, 06:45 PM
Moorman? :idunno:Yes, I would vote for Moorman. He is probably the highest paid punter already anyways.

BillsWin
10-22-2009, 06:49 PM
I think there is a case for Wood, maybe as an alternate. He's been pretty solid all season long.

DrGraves
10-22-2009, 07:05 PM
anyone who thinks that anyone on this team even has even an outside chance of making the probowl is absolutely insane. seriously it isn't even close at this point.

PECKERWOOD
10-22-2009, 09:47 PM

Oh, come on. At least reward the players who reject mediocrity, we do have a few.

justasportsfan
10-22-2009, 09:52 PM
AARon

MassEffect218435
10-23-2009, 08:34 AM
Nobody on the team deserves to be in the Pro Bowl this year.

The Juice Is Loose
10-23-2009, 10:24 AM
right, because the pro bowl is based on a season, not 6 games

topher180
10-24-2009, 12:20 PM
Nobody on the team deserves to be in the Pro Bowl this year.

True, but many who make it year after year don't either.

The Pro Bowl is a joke, and no one watches it. It's a paid vacation for a bunch of guys who are living of name recognition. (see Bob Sanders)

Marvelous
10-24-2009, 04:44 PM
IMO- our pro bowl hopefulls are--Moorman. He did throw another TD too! woot! doubtful. Moorman has lost his popularity with outside Buff imo.
---Kyle Williams- he is relentless. But does he have the stats? Does he have the recognition>? If not, then next year! barring injury i guarantee he gets notice next year..

---Fred Jackson- If he gets enough touches he's in.. I really REALLY like this 1,2 punch. Jackson being the Thutman type, & Lynch being the ANt.Smith type bruiser..They are both entertaining to watch.
OT- My wife is a mild Fred Jacks hater because imo she feels she's betraying Lynch. Competition mentality amongst fans stams back to Henry/McGahee(for her)
--Stroud- But is he mor epopular then Jenkins? Is Jenkins Healthy :D :D :D
--That's it...Too bad for POZ. I hope he gets a full season next year. He is pro bowl bound..
--I also think our rook TE is gonna be a pro bowl type. Esp with our noodle arm QB who just loves the under 20 yard passes tro TE,Josh Reed's, & RB's..
---I think the Guard Wood is gonna be a pro bowler
-About Byrd- Does he have enough exp to be voted? He waws amazing last week against a very mediocre QB, but....screw it, im not gonna bash him. I like the kid & hope he starts form here out! I don't care who looses a starting job, this kid has some much awaited safety BALLHAWKING skills...
---Hows Lindells stats this year?>
---Hows Kieth Ellisons stats? Ellison is a beast this year, But i think more in the Josh Reed,Kelsay mode. Ya know, very capable,reliable starter, but not a star..I like him!

dannyek71
10-25-2009, 11:53 AM
Roscoe to boost up his trade value (if he has any)