X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jpdex12
    • Jan 2005

Kelly still strong on his intentions for ownership

I attended a conference today in Syracuse and heard Jim on a couple of occassions speak of himself as the next owner of the Bills. They were blunt statements! How can he state this without having serious weapons to use to seal the deal? Right of first refusal and specific statements from him today.

He stated that the Bills will not leave Western NY.

He ripped the team and stated that Trent does not have it. He said how he specifically studied Trent's demeanor during the Brown's game and he would just come to the sideline, take off his helmet and sit docile looking around. He said he would have been jumping down player's throats on the sidelines. He said they just don't have the fire in their belly like they should. Frustrating. Said Trent is a nice kid but they need a QB.
    Where else would you rather be than right here right now?
  • BillsWin
    man amongst boys
    • Oct 2008

Re: Kelly still strong on his intentions for ownership

cool. he doesnt have the money to back his mouth up though. unless trump wants in on the football world again. lol
    I am The Batman.

Comment

• jpdex12
      • Jan 2005

Originally posted by BillsWin
      cool. he doesnt have the money to back his mouth up though. unless trump wants in on the football world again. lol
      I know that we all have our doubts but why would he go shooting off at the mouth if he didn't have a legitimate plan? Kelly is not like that! He'l tell ya like it is. I have to believe that he has a plan and most likely involves some backers with big bucks.

Look at Marshall Faulk! He's most likely going to end up a part owner of the Rams. If e can do it, why can't Kgun?
      Where else would you rather be than right here right now?

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
        • Jul 2002

JIMBO GET THIS DONE!!!! I would freaking EXPLODE if Jimbo bought the team! It would be AMAZING. The best thing to ever happen to Buffalo.

Comment

• Demon
          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by BillsWin
          But he has people. The Rich's. Jacobs? Golisano? George Gillette Jr?
          Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• Oaf
            Do you read what you write?
            • Jun 2007

Them some fightin words at Edwards.

Comment

• Billz_fan
              • Jan 2003

Originally posted by jpdex12
              I attended a conference today in Syracuse and heard Jim on a couple of occassions speak of himself as the next owner of the Bills. They were blunt statements! How can he state this without having serious weapons to use to seal the deal? Right of first refusal and specific statements from him today.

He stated that the Bills will not leave Western NY.

He ripped the team and stated that Trent does not have it. He said how he specifically studied Trent's demeanor during the Brown's game and he would just come to the sideline, take off his helmet and sit docile looking around. He said he would have been jumping down player's throats on the sidelines. He said they just don't have the fire in their belly like they should. Frustrating. Said Trent is a nice kid but they need a QB.

My nipples are hard
              The Polian Curse

"They're a very special group of men. Cherish them, you will not see their like again."

February 4, 1993 Bill Polian at his closing press conferance after being dismissed as GM of the Buffalo Bills by Ralph Wilson.

Comment

• Billz_fan
                • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Oaf
                LOL, i wish he would get that fired up.
                The Polian Curse

"They're a very special group of men. Cherish them, you will not see their like again."

February 4, 1993 Bill Polian at his closing press conferance after being dismissed as GM of the Buffalo Bills by Ralph Wilson.

Comment

• BillsWin
                  man amongst boys
                  • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Oaf
                  if he thinks THOSE are fighting words, I've got a few for him. Try and fight me Trent. I'll give you a concussion so bad that it will turn your brain to soup. too harsh? maybe he shouldn't suck.
                  I am The Batman.

Comment

• don137
                    • Jul 2002

Trent has the same demeanor as his coach. I am not saying Trent would of been great if he ws drafted by another team but I feel with Jauron and this coaching staff the players are set up to fail and it is very difficult to succeed.

Comment

• YardRat
                      Well, lookie here...
                      • Dec 2004

Unfortunately Kelly would just be a minority, figure-head owner...he better have somebody with real bucks in his corner.

Spot on with TE, though...where's the passion? Jimbo virtually rebuilt the Bills offensive line when he got here...If you weren't on the same page as him, you were gone.
                      YardRat Wall of Fame
                      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• yordad
                        • Dec 2007

This IS my biggest knock on Edwards. I've been questioning his "fire" since the beginning.
                        Last edited by yordad; 10-23-2009, 07:10 AM.
                        "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• trapezeus
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Oct 2004

i recently heard that the NFL won't look at a group package unless the majority owner brings 50-60%. so it's not like you just need wealthy guys, you need someone with close to $500-$600MM to be able to spend without worry.

I'm beginning to think that NYS is actively involved in keeping the bills in buffalo and are ready to take the NFL to task. They afterall have spent $100's of millions to update the stadium. there is a lease in place. The politicians know they can't lose that team. So that leaves them as active partners to help broker a deal.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                            • Jul 2002

JIM GET THIS DEAL DONE... PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                              Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                              • May 2003

Originally posted by trapezeus
                              i recently heard that the NFL won't look at a group package unless the majority owner brings 50-60%. so it's not like you just need wealthy guys, you need someone with close to $500-$600MM to be able to spend without worry.

I'm beginning to think that NYS is actively involved in keeping the bills in buffalo and are ready to take the NFL to task. They afterall have spent $100's of millions to update the stadium. there is a lease in place. The politicians know they can't lose that team. So that leaves them as active partners to help broker a deal.
                              I'm pretty sure there are NFL by-laws governing sales to investor groups. I thought there was a maximum of 36 investors, one of whom would have a minimum 40% ownership interest, but my memory sometimes fails me.

At any rate, you're right about needing one really big money investor ( $400 mil or so?). Maybe Schumer can wave the antitrust exemption in the NFL's face, as politicians do from time to time, to get some concessions to allow the Bills to stay in Buffalo.
                              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

Working...
                              X