• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BuffaloBlitz83
    We play to win the game!
    • Oct 2009

Besides LA, London will get a team soon

Let me start off by say Buffalo WILL NOT lose there team. Buffalo fans come to the stadium, year in, year out and spend money and have a crazy fan base! The NFL has larger issues in places like Cincinnati, Jacksonville, Rams, and Arizona.

But I believe London will have a team. This experiment will turn into a team long terms in a few years.
  • THATHURMANATOR
    • Jul 2002

Re: Besides LA, London will get a team soon

So London gets a team before Toronto.

Comment

• cocamide
      • Oct 2006

It would suck to travel from Seattle to London and then back to Seattle to play a home game.

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

London won't have a team anytime soon. Aside from the fact that people on that side of the pond don't care about American football, it's simply too far and too expensive to fly a team to London every week (or fly a team from London to here).

Could you imagine a game against a West Coast team? That's roughly 12 hours of flying each way.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• HHURRICANE
          • Mar 2005

I'm more convinced, now than ever, that the Bills are gone. Ralph is keeping the overhead super low, so he can sell it for maximum profits.

You may not see the writing on the wall but I do.

Comment

• Goobylal
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
            I'm more convinced, now than ever, that the Bills are gone. Ralph is keeping the overhead super low, so he can sell it for maximum profits.

The only other viable market out there, i.e. one that can build a new stadium, is LA. Once that's filled, there's nothing left in the U.S. I don't think though that London gets one. And as long as the Bills are around (and there's no reason for a new owner to move the team there when he/she can simply split home games and save on the relocation and stadium costs), Toronto won't be getting a team.

Comment

• Tiburon1724
              • Sep 2005

The less valuable the team is, the easier it will be for Kelly's group, if there is such a thing, to acquire it...

Comment

• BuffaloBlitz83
                We play to win the game!
                • Oct 2009

Buffalo ain't going anywhere! Geez

Comment

• DMBcrew36
                  • Feb 2005

London, England? Pshh, you're smoking crack if you think they would make teams cross the Atlantic every Sunday to play a football game. The odds of it happening are less than putting a team in London, Ontario.
                  Last edited by DMBcrew36; 10-23-2009, 10:14 AM.

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by BuffaloBlitz83
                    Buffalo ain't going anywhere! Geez
                    keep pulling the wool over your eyes..... something drastic has to happen, or else the Bills are gone as soon as Ralph croaks. This LA stadium deal is VERY bad news for the Bills.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• DMBcrew36
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
                      keep pulling the wool over your eyes..... something drastic has to happen, or else the Bills are gone as soon as Ralph croaks. This LA stadium deal is VERY bad news for the Bills.
                      I agree with everything, but my worries aren't really with the LA stadium deal. As long as Ralph doesn't kick the bucket in the next 3 years, the team will most certainly not be moving there. Jacksonville, San Diego, and Oakland are much more likely candidates, I feel. Essentially, any relocation of the Bills is 'over Ralph's dead body,' and as long as he's alive, we can all relax. It's when he dies that I'm worried, and it could be a move to anywhere at that point, not just LA.
                      Last edited by DMBcrew36; 10-23-2009, 10:37 AM.

Comment

• BuffaloBlitz83
                        We play to win the game!
                        • Oct 2009

Originally posted by OpIv37
                        Have you seen the attendance in Jacksonville and Cincy? Both are better teams than us that have brutal attendance and black outs. It won't happen!

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                          • Jul 2002

You are not a Visionary HH. You know nothing more about the situation than any of us...REMEMBER THAT.

Comment

• bluerosekiller
                            • Jul 2008

The Bills to LA?

Nah. Too much of a long, bitter fight over that option. Especially when they've spent so many years making them a regional team & Toronto could step in at almost a moments notice to split the home games with us 4 - 4. Or, take over altogether.

As for LA, I see the Rams headed back there.

Comment

• trapezeus
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Oct 2004

i think if NYS puts up a fight and says, "look, we funded this stadium for you. We have a team playing in here until the end of the lease at the very least!" We are ready to go to court over this. The NFL may say, "why deal with that headache when moving the chargers won't be too much of a hassle, red tape wise?"

There was a report that LA was looking at CAlifornia teams and then the rams, bills, minnesota, jags. I think there may be something to that to avoid a long battle. CA has nothing to lose financially if a team moves from one municipality to another.

Kelly's group can't lowball a stripped down Bills team. The owners won't approve a fire sale like that because it'll hurt their values. I doubt ralph is stripping it down for future sale. He's stripping it down for maximum revenue right now for him and his family.

Kelly seems to be very bold about his comments. Unless he's just strutting bravado, i think he actually has some basic level of working within the NFL, with Ralph's family, with the investor group and with NYS. He may be right. He might have that inside track.

As for Toronto, i think short term,it's important that Toronto give a better effort than it did last year. We need the NFL to be intrigued at its potential. It's not like it's buffalo or nothing to LA. There are options.

I really hope this rams thing goes through by the end of the year and they are moved. It'll buy us some time. Also, if that happens and ralph passes in 2010, they don't have any inheritance tax which would be a good thing.

Comment

Working...
                              X