PDA

View Full Version : Pretty much a standard season

X-Era
10-24-2009, 07:21 AM
Its become a typical trend here:

1) The team proves they aren't good enough to go to the playoffs- usually by the bye
2) The fans immediately want a new HC
3) The fans immediately want a new QB
4) The fans want to trade or trade for various players
5) We realize the Bills aren't likely to do any of the above or will screw it up
6) We then shift the talk to "the Bills are leaving Buffalo"

This isn't a judgment on anyone, its an observation. I'm right there with the rest of you, except for #6.

After all, even if its a ****ty team, its still OUR team, not someone elses.

Jan Reimers
10-24-2009, 07:27 AM
We're all frustrated by the last 10 years of bad football. Some of us remain a little optimistic despite it all. Others just ***** about almost everything. It's just human nature.

yordad
10-24-2009, 07:27 AM
OK, but you did #6 while talking about how your not doing #6. :idunno:

X-Era
10-24-2009, 07:29 AM
OK, but you did #6 while talking about how your not doing #6. :idunno:

Huh?

Some are doing #6, I never will.

SquishDaFish
10-24-2009, 07:43 AM
I agree bro

yordad
10-24-2009, 07:47 AM
We're all frustrated by the last 10 years of bad football. Some of us remain a little optimistic despite it all. Others just ***** about almost everything. It's just human nature.I have been a Bills fan my whole life. I vividly remember those SB years. And, I swear, I thought the Bills were right on the verge every year until not that long ago. Every year I would look at the Bills squad and honestly say to myself "this is a playoff lineup", and I would tell people "this is the year".

It wasn't even on purpose. I was just a homer, I guess. I mean, even semi-recently when the Bills had the crushing defeat to the Steelers third stringers in their "win and your in" scenario. I was there. I held a "You Gotta Billieve" sign (I was on the jumbotron twice). At the end of the game I dropped the sign in bitter disappointment, and the Steelers fan in front of me picked it up, turned around, held it up in front of the saddened Bills fans, and he ripped it right down the middle.

OMG, that pissed me off. But, sure enough, I still thought the next year was the year.

It wasn't until the Cowboys Monday nigher where I began to lose all hope. After all this team had done, that was the game that pushed it over the edge for me.

Wide right? No
Four lost SBs? No
Homerun ripoff? No
Firing Polian after a stupid tiff? No
Botched draft after botched draft? No
Botched free agency after botched free agency? Nada
Stupid coach hire after stupid coach? No
Stupid front office move after stupid front office move? Still a homer.
Denver opening when Everett was injured? Maybe a little head scratch.

Seriously, this list could be a lot longer, but you get my point.

It was that Dallas game. That was the most ridiculous thing I ever seen. I stopped going to Bills games.

Then guess what? I decided to go to another one last year... the Cleveland game. It was like dejavu.

That is when I decided I wasn't billieveing anything until I seen it. No more. The Homer is gone. I don't care if they sign 10 pro bowl free agents and Cowher, I will not billieve this team can get IT done until I see it.

And, not to mention, the Patriots game this year took any sail out of this season real fast.

I used to say I would rather enjoy the anticipation even if they lose, then have them lose without even enjoying the anticipation. But, I know now that is not true for me. Is it true for you?

I ask myself which loss was harder to swallow, Pats away '09, or Browns home '09? The Pats game was WAY harder for me because for a second, they almost had me convinced.

yordad
10-24-2009, 07:51 AM
Huh?

Some are doing #6, I never will.But, while saying your not gonna talk about it, you are actually talking about it.

Oh nevermind, lol.

Typ0
10-24-2009, 09:50 AM
I'm optimistic that RW is not 40 years old. Ever since John Butler was released because the team needed to tank a few years to catch up on the cap the team has been bad. There is no reason for it now except that they don't want to go into a hole again...which you have to do these days to win especially when faced in the near future with the possibility of an uncapped season. The team can be competitive again once ownership changes.

DynaPaul
10-24-2009, 03:13 PM
You know, 10 losing seasons of football gets pretty old. It got old for me around the 5th losing season when I realized that this "rebuilding" phase was going on way too long. It's been downhill ever since with poor decisions made by the upper management. They are the ones at fault.

yordad
10-25-2009, 07:57 AM
It is re-re-re-rebuilding, at this point.

X-Era
10-25-2009, 08:06 AM
It is re-re-re-rebuilding, at this point.

I think its more like re-re-re-reshuffling... I don't know that there was ever any building involved.