• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ickybaluky
    • Jul 2003

I can't believe Fewell said this

Fewell said, talking about the run defense:

"You know what?" Fewell continued. "They beat us on two plays. We screwed up on two plays (Jones had back-to-back runs of 64 and 71 yards). By the time we got that corrected, we were fine. We had two plays. Am I embarrassed? No. Hey, I thought our guys continued to fight. Did I want to give up 300 yards? No. We did, but you know what? We imposed our will and we won the football game, bottom line."
    Imposed their will? Even if you take away those two long runs (and I hate that, because you can't take them away), the Jets still ran 38 times for 183 yards (4.8 yards per rush). That's good?

Seriously, I understand people are harping on it, but the Bills are worst in the NFL in rush defense. They have given up the most yards and the highest average per rush (5.3). That isn't two plays.

I understand there have been injuries, but the guy is better off saying nothing.
  • Typ0
    honey pie
    • Jul 2002

Re: I can't believe Fewell said this

I have no problem with him recognizing the guys played hard. They have been playing hard. Rush defense is bad because our line needs some help but overall the defense has overcome that and done their jobs.

Comment

• Nighthawk
      Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by NE39
      Fewell said, talking about the run defense:

Imposed their will? Even if you take away those two long runs (and I hate that, because you can't take them away), the Jets still ran 38 times for 183 yards (4.8 yards per rush). That's good?

Seriously, I understand people are harping on it, but the Bills are worst in the NFL in rush defense. They have given up the most yards and the highest average per rush (5.3). That isn't two plays.

I understand there have been injuries, but the guy is better off saying nothing.
      Welcome to the thinking of our mediocre coaches! This is how Dickey and that staff coach...they actually think they did something good, when in reality, they sucked and got lucky! I don't think I've ever mentioned this, but I hate this coach and coaching staff!

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
        Making Spirits Bright
        • Mar 2006

Our defense isn't stellar by any stretch of the imagination, but it should be the least of our worries right now...

Well, it should be right above the fact that we have 2 good running backs.

Comment

• BillsWin
          man amongst boys
          • Oct 2008

and yet defense has been a strength of the team this year. Our offense is anemic.
          I am The Batman.

Comment

• yordad
            • Dec 2007

I would fire Fewell based on his spoken expectation alone.
            "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Oldbillsfan
              shelby's big brother smilie smilie
              • Mar 2007

Even though you seem cool NE39 posting stuff like this is like a kick in the crotch, after its alredy been kicked a few times. Just my two cents. We know- they all suck, and there isn't anything we can do about it. We can bash our own team just fine.
              Last edited by Oldbillsfan; 10-24-2009, 10:56 AM.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                Give me a minute...
                • Jul 2002

Name a team that has played a solid passing game against the Bills this year? Brady for a half?

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                  Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                  • Jun 2005

Im overall happy with our Defense. Our offense is the problem.

Comment

• TigerJ
                    • Jul 2002

I'm not happy with the defense. They have to get better versus the run or that deficiency will contribute to a lot of losses.
                    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                      Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                      • Jun 2005

Originally posted by TigerJ
                      I'm not happy with the defense. They have to get better versus the run or that deficiency will contribute to a lot of losses.
                      Its not that im happy with the Defense im happy the defense isnt also a huge problem along with the Offense. They are above average and hold us in most games (NO game most part) so if the offense would wake up then we be damn good.

Comment

• Mad Bomber
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                        Name a team that has played a solid passing game against the Bills this year? Brady for a half?
                        Frank, you hit it on the head. Believe it or not, the Bills have the #4 passing defense in the league.

...Maybe that's because we have the worst running defense in the league.

Comment

• Mad Bomber
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BEASTMODE
                          Im overall happy with our Defense. Our offense is the problem.
                          I agree about the offense - it is truly OFFENSIVE.

I don't like our run defense at all.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                            Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mad Bomber
                            Frank, you hit it on the head. Believe it or not, the Bills have the #4 passing defense in the league.

...Maybe that's because we have the worst running defense in the league.
                            That is exactly why our passing defense is so highly ranked...why pass, when you can run all over us? There is a direct correlation.

Comment

• The Juice Is Loose
                              All-Pro Zoner
                              • Feb 2009

what's he supposed to say? yeah we sucked?

he's got to show confidence in his guys during the season. they are the squad, they aren't going anywhere (trade deadline is passed) so these are his guys he's got to ride with.

do you not think that the bills and their staff are thinking hey, if we win this week, we're right back in it at 3-4. thats only 2 games back in our division, and we just broke the ice with getting a division win, and a win vs. a 3-4. which have been hard to come by.

if your on the bills your believe this is a turning point for the team. if your not thinking that, you shouldn't be coaching.

and he's not gonna throw people under the bus mid season.

Comment

Working...
                              X