PDA

View Full Version : If Healthy, Nelson should start over Fine

BuffaloBlitz83
10-24-2009, 02:04 PM
I think he has far more weapons in Offensive game. With the team struggling, I'd like to see him play more and develop as a receiving threat. I understand he is hurt now, but when healthy I'd like to see him get more play time!

BillsWin
10-24-2009, 02:08 PM
In limited playtime he is averaging ten yards a catch and has a touchdown. Considering how awful our offense is I wouldnt mind letting the rookie play more. He is our future playmaking tight end. Get him some experience now so that when he has Sam Bradford, Pike, Locker or Clausen throwing to him next year, he is good to go.

BuffaloBlitz83
10-24-2009, 02:14 PM
I agree 100% for all the same reasons. We know what Fine is, a decent TE that isn't a game changer. He isn't a guy on level of Vernon Davis, Shianco, Sheffler, Gonzo, Witten, Shockey, Owen Daniels, Gates, Greg Olsen, Keller, Winslow, and Cooley. Those guys listed are weapons, which I think Nelson has the potential of developing into. Let's see!

yordad
10-24-2009, 03:54 PM
I think the biggest problem is our line needs protection help, so that has become our tight end's priority.

YardRat
10-24-2009, 03:56 PM
I thought Nelson was already declared 'out' for this week.

Jan Reimers
10-25-2009, 08:02 AM
I think the biggest problem is our line needs protection help, so that has become our tight end's priority.
I agree. Fine is a much better blocker than Nelson, which makes Nelson a situational player.

ddaryl
10-25-2009, 09:50 AM
with our OL in need of major help the best TE blocker is getting the most time