• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Marvelous
    • Feb 2004

Coaching purge- who's who

-If there is a purge & DC is out & the Ralph keeps April,Fewell
    -Well here's the staff i think we retain through The Ralph,Russ Brandon, or the new HC.

--Here's some comments on the position coaches. The last few i just don't know anything about,or just don't care bout em etc..

--Alex Van Pelt-AVP--I dunno if he survives as OC, but if he is more Pro-Buffalo then he is "i'll coach anywhere for opportunity", then i think he REMAINS as our QB coach and even the Quality control etc.... I like AVP more so outta loyalty then his value/skills as a coach. Our city/team needs loyalty like this. It's what gives us heritage. Look how great it is that Jimbo is such a icon to us. He is very outspoken about his love for the Bills/Ralph..

-Sean Kugler- is respected, but our line is hurting, Is it his fault? will he survive a new regime?

-Studesville- He's been our RB's coach for a while now and has done a great job. I don't remember the last time we had mediocrity at the position. I'm curious if he is a candidate to be promoted to a offensive coord. & If so, does he stay w/ us? do we want him as our coord? i'm sure he would get the opportunity from some team college or pro's..

-Tyke Tolbert- I view him in a positive regard. Funny, he kinda,sorta repeated what he did with Rookie Anquan Boldin. Lee Evans did in TD's what Boldin did w/ recpetions as a rookie.
    He has grooms these kids into fine machines. He scored bigtime w/ Josh Reed. I duno (at all) what goes on behind the scenes in lockerroom/filmroom, but Josh Reed(identical to Kelsay) is very liked & respected by the team. He is clearly Trent Edwards BFF. Reed has 3 50+ catch seasons(wow!)We are a better team with Reed on it... IMO Tyke Tolbert is a rising talent in our organization. I hope he stays. I'm sure he is starting to think promotion to OC. We'll see....

--Catavolos--I like him. Our secondary has been better lately then it was in late 90's/early 2000's.. He made Jabari Greer into a very good shutdown corner. MaGee turned into a star for us. If one can forget the Miami game last year when he/we got Tedd Ginn'd to death.(injury?),,BUt this guy has done a very good job with our DB's.. On the flipside- i haven't been happy with our safety play since Henry Jones & even that last seaosn we had Kurt Schultz. Milloy was running on fumes,Troy Vincent had NO-FUMES, Whitner is similar to Roy Williams and has upside, but not exactly a ballhawk type safety. I think rookie Byrd is a ballhawk type safety..
    Leodis McKelvin had a pretty good rookie season. I haven't forgiven Leodis yet, not has my friends & family. but we all know it to be a obvious FACT that our defense is weakenen with him outta the lineup... Catavolo's did a good job w/ him.. Reggie Corner also seems to be playing better then expected. I recall being pissed that we drafted a midgett CB, but he alone is why i was excited to see our D in pre-season.. I like this coach & hope he stays. I don't see him being our D-coord anytime in the next few years. Def not as long as we have Fewell...

--Bob Sanders-D-line--He's done a pretty good job. Nuff Said- i hope he stays..

----John Allaire -Strngth & conditioning-- I dunno--I wanna hate on him because we have been constantly injured since we lost Rusty.(Rusty right?) So if he is any way connected to our players not playing smarter, or not conditioning properly then Cya!

-Charlie Coiner-TE--I dunno--
    -Matt Sheldon - not sure

--------Perry Fewell---Will he be the minority interview?
    ---Is it becoming a trend to hire young minority head cocahes?
    ---Does Perry Fewell have HC potential?
    --IS there a team out there who will snag him as their Head Coach?
    -Obvious- but i'll throw it out anyways---Will he remain our D-coord?
    GO BILLS!!! NE
    Magical Trevor
  • DrGraves
    • Mar 2008

Re: Coaching purge- who's who

nice analysis.

and your avatar is creepy.

Comment

• Luisito23
      Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
      • Apr 2003

Other than Sander, and April I don't ever want to see any of these bums here in Buffalo!
      "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
      ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
      ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
      ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• Mitchell55
        only another 1000 mocks due by tomorrow!
        • Feb 2008

Id keep Fewell, Sanders, RB coach, WR coach, and TE coach. AVP to QB coach.

Comment

• Oldbillsfan
          shelby's big brother smilie smilie
          • Mar 2007

JMO, get rid of them all...

Comment

• Nighthawk
            Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
            • Jul 2002

Fewell is terrible...I'd buy him a ticket out of town...he can sit right next to Dickey! Get rid of the entire staff...bring in a new attitude...a winning attitude!

Comment

• YardRat
              Well, lookie here...
              • Dec 2004

I like some of the guys here, also, but IMO you've got to clean house.
              YardRat Wall of Fame
              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Oldbillsfan
                shelby's big brother smilie smilie
                • Mar 2007

All of them, from the owner down... And change the dam uniforms back too.

Comment

• malo
                  • Sep 2009

They all need to go. Every one of them.

The new head coach decides who to bring back if anyone. Not Ralph. Ralph's meddling got us into this mess.
                  Last edited by malo; 10-24-2009, 08:22 PM.

Buddy Nix is a buffoon.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                    Peterman Sucks!
                    • Mar 2006

If there is a purge, the entire staff will be gone...

Minus maybe April.

Comment

• casdhf
                      • Jul 2002

I think Bob Sanders has done a great job with our DL. I would how whoever is the new coach, if there is one, interviews him for the DC job.
                      Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                      cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

If/when we bring a new coach in, then that coach must have 100% complete control.

Cowher will want to make all his own selections, a younger prodigy of his like Russ Grimm must also have the opportunity to do so.

It could well be that the type of defence that he might want to install like a 3-4 could be completely incompatible with what Fewell would be happy running.

The Broncos have been able to immediately install a 3-4 and I actually see us having better players to make this happen with a line of Denney-Stroud-Johnson and a LBCorps of Schobel-Mitchell-Pozluzny-Maybin, added to some 2nd tier FA signings and an appropriate draft and we'll already be there.

Could Fewell effectively run this type of defence?

Personally I would like us to have an enthusiastic young Head Coach like Russ Grimm, a very experienced 3-4 coach like Romeo Crennell or maybe Jim Haslett or someone like Frank Reich of the Colts as OC. If Tolbert was promoted to OC then I would look at bringing in James Lofton to be the WR Coach.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                          • May 2003

A new head coach almost always brings in his own assistants, sometimes retaining one or two from the old regime. Sanders and April might be candidates to stay on, if the new coach doesn't have his favorites for their spots.
                          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Marvelous
                            • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Oldbillsfan
                            All of them, from the owner down... And change the dam uniforms back too.
                            ROTFLMAO!!!
                            --Thanks bro..
                            --Agreed. I want the early 90's uni's and have for years...Mainly because of our current away jersey.. It's white with that ******ed blue chest plate.. We have the worst away jersey in the league... How could a old fart like The Ralph dign off on such a silly looking jersey?

--Our white ones, the new ones, monday night one,, is probably the sweetest i've ever seen....

----We def, no matter what, important change #1 is--Our trainer needs not only to go, but to get a Zone beatdown! WTF! What was that dudes name we had for years & years? And the season after he leaves we get all busted up & break a NFL & Bills record for most players on the IR in december.. Rusty what? Isn't that funny(that stat)??
                            GO BILLS!!! NE
                            Magical Trevor

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                              Defies all logic
                              • Oct 2006

I'm too tired and lazy to judge each coach individually, so I'll just mention the coaches I'm impressed with..

Bob Sanders, D-line coach. Just look at the improvements this year, enough said.

Studesville, RB coach. We've consistently had solid RBs since he has been here, why change it?

Tyke Tolbert, WR coach. He's done a solid job, I'm actually intrigued with him, I thought he should of been the man for the offensive coordinator position when Turkey got stuffed.

Perry Fewell, DC coordinator. I actually think he has done a great job, our defense never has time to rest because our offense is constantly getting ass reamed. Personally, I think he is a bright mind, I'd like to keep him in Buffalo for the foreseeable future.

Comment

Working...
                              X