Honestly, what do people see in McGee?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mitchell55
    only another 1000 mocks due by tomorrow!
    • Feb 2008

Honestly, what do people see in McGee?

During the Jets game Florence was the one going against him the whole game, the only time McGee played him he was wide open in the middle when Sanchez over threw a pass that was intercepted. He is constantly allowing the WR to catch the ball and then tackle him instead of breaking up the ball from WR and he is the main CB giving the cution every play. Ive had a problem with him since last year and im still confused by this. Florence and Corner have been covering the stars most of the games. Corner covered Welker during the Pats game and McKelvin and occasionally McGee covered Moss. McGee was mainly on Galloway.

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

McGee was the one who got burnt on the TD to Winslow

Now this is the one I am mainly talking about

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

1:14. 2 straight passes on the same play to Hartline and Camarillo?? Horrible, he was 5 yds behind the WR catching the ball. Then on the TD it was McGees man he just lost track of him.
  • BillsWin
    man amongst boys
    • Oct 2008

Re: Honestly, what do people see in McGee?

Our defensive scheme is too soft in coverage. We have physical corners who are told to play 5-10 yards off the ball. It is sickening. Get up there and jam the guy!
    I am The Batman.

Comment

• yordad
      • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Mitchell55
      During the Jets game Florence was the one going against him the whole game, the only time McGee played him he was wide open in the middle when Sanchez over threw a pass that was intercepted. He is constantly allowing the WR to catch the ball and then tackle him instead of breaking up the ball from WR and he is the main CB giving the cution every play. Ive had a problem with him since last year and im still confused by this. Florence and Corner have been covering the stars most of the games. Corner covered Welker during the Pats game and McKelvin and occasionally McGee covered Moss. McGee was mainly on Galloway.

McGee was the one who got burnt on the TD to Winslow

Now this is the one I am mainly talking about

1:14. 2 straight passes on the same play to Hartline and Camarillo?? Horrible, he was 5 yds behind the WR catching the ball. Then on the TD it was McGees man he just lost track of him.
      You know the Bills secondary has been struggling with injuries yet allow a league low is yards per attempt, and have forced the second lowest passer rating?
      "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
        Making Spirits Bright
        • Mar 2006

If McGee was any better than he is, the Bills would not keep him...

Comment

• clumping platelets

He's overrated as a #1 CB.............he needs to cover slot WRs

Comment

• Ingtar33
            Dances With Buffaloes
            • Sep 2002

no clue. never was impressed. he's a solid starting corner. but he's nothing special. he should be returned to kick returning duty. that guy was unbelievable as a kick returner.
            My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• MassEffect218435
              • Apr 2009

He's another player (much like Evans) that is only a superstar in the eyes of the Buffalonians.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                Peterman Sucks!
                • Mar 2006

He's a nickel corner but because our secondary is so weak he's the number 1 guy.

We kept him because he does have special teams ability.

It's painfully obvious that as long as you have special teams ability you're overrated by the team, coaches and fanbase so you get to keep a job.

If you're skilled but don't have special teams ability, 9 times out of 10, you end up going elsewhere as a FA.

Comment

• mybills
                  81 st zoner
                  • Jul 2002

Anyone who thinks he's not good, is an idiot! (period)

He plays for Buffalo. That's the problem, not him.

Thanks, mybills.
                  I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• trapezeus
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Oct 2004

he's the best tackler in the secondary. he is asked to play with huge cushions.

they should put him back on kicks, especially with mckelvin and parrish out.

but he's good enough. if he isn't we're going to waste another 1st rounder on a CB from OSU that we won't keep 3 years from then. i'm over that. i think our secondary as a whole would be much better if we put more pressure on the qb and could stop the run without having them pinch in on run support.

And for the bills, mcgee's durability is awesome. he frequently plays injured.

not saying he's a stud, but he's more than servicable.

Comment

• cocamide
                      • Oct 2006

Didn't Gruden have high praise for him? But that doesn't mean anything, because Gruden knows nothing about football when compared to the average message board user.

Comment

• Billz_fan
                        • Jan 2003

McGee hustles and he does not give up on plays. Example, Thomas Jones 71 yard TD run last week. Mcgee ran him down. He could not save the TD but he ran his arse off and caught him from behind. We need more players with that mentality instead of the ones you can see every week not making tackles and pulling up on plays.
                        Last edited by Billz_fan; 10-25-2009, 01:26 AM.
                        The Polian Curse

"They're a very special group of men. Cherish them, you will not see their like again."

February 4, 1993 Bill Polian at his closing press conferance after being dismissed as GM of the Buffalo Bills by Ralph Wilson.

Comment

• Crisis
                          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Billz_fan
                          McGee hustles and he does not give up on plays. Example, Thomas Jones 71 yard TD run last week. Mcgee ran him down. He could not save the TD but he ran his arse off and caught him from behind. We need more players with that mentality instead of the ones you can see every week not making tackles and pulling up on plays.
                          yeah, not only did he not catch thomas jones in time on that play but he horse collared him and cost us more yardage on the kick.

i get what you're saying, but you could use a better example.
                          Originally posted by LOSman WINS
                          Vanek is Austrian not European
                          Originally posted by Prov401
                          Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
                          Originally posted by better days
                          I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• Billz_fan
                            • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Crisis
                            yeah, not only did he not catch thomas jones in time on that play but he horse collared him and cost us more yardage on the kick.

i get what you're saying, but you could use a better example.
                            LOL, Now that you said that I actually stole that compliment of Mcgee from Darryl Talleys twitter page on the day of the game. His compliment was also on the particular play.

EDIT: sorry to DT for stealing But I didn't want to say he said something in my post without a link and I was to lazy to look it back up. I did agree with his thoughts though. I think Terrance hustles on the field. We cannot say that about everyone on our team.
                            Last edited by Billz_fan; 10-25-2009, 03:41 AM.
                            The Polian Curse

"They're a very special group of men. Cherish them, you will not see their like again."

February 4, 1993 Bill Polian at his closing press conferance after being dismissed as GM of the Buffalo Bills by Ralph Wilson.

Comment

• yordad
                              • Dec 2007

Didn't he stop Thomas on the other long run?
                              "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

Working...
                              X