PDA

View Full Version : Honestly, what do people see in McGee?

Mitchell55
10-24-2009, 05:35 PM
During the Jets game Florence was the one going against him the whole game, the only time McGee played him he was wide open in the middle when Sanchez over threw a pass that was intercepted. He is constantly allowing the WR to catch the ball and then tackle him instead of breaking up the ball from WR and he is the main CB giving the cution every play. Ive had a problem with him since last year and im still confused by this. Florence and Corner have been covering the stars most of the games. Corner covered Welker during the Pats game and McKelvin and occasionally McGee covered Moss. McGee was mainly on Galloway.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d812c6786/WK-2-Byron-Leftwich-highlights

McGee was the one who got burnt on the TD to Winslow

Now this is the one I am mainly talking about

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d8132a489/NFL-GameDay-Bills-vs-Dolphins-highlights

1:14. 2 straight passes on the same play to Hartline and Camarillo?? Horrible, he was 5 yds behind the WR catching the ball. Then on the TD it was McGees man he just lost track of him.

BillsWin
10-24-2009, 05:37 PM
Our defensive scheme is too soft in coverage. We have physical corners who are told to play 5-10 yards off the ball. It is sickening. Get up there and jam the guy!

yordad
10-24-2009, 06:03 PM
During the Jets game Florence was the one going against him the whole game, the only time McGee played him he was wide open in the middle when Sanchez over threw a pass that was intercepted. He is constantly allowing the WR to catch the ball and then tackle him instead of breaking up the ball from WR and he is the main CB giving the cution every play. Ive had a problem with him since last year and im still confused by this. Florence and Corner have been covering the stars most of the games. Corner covered Welker during the Pats game and McKelvin and occasionally McGee covered Moss. McGee was mainly on Galloway.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d812c6786/WK-2-Byron-Leftwich-highlights

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d8132a489/NFL-GameDay-Bills-vs-Dolphins-highlights

1:14. 2 straight passes on the same play to Hartline and Camarillo?? Horrible, he was 5 yds behind the WR catching the ball. Then on the TD it was McGees man he just lost track of him.You know the Bills secondary has been struggling with injuries yet allow a league low is yards per attempt, and have forced the second lowest passer rating?

Joe Fo Sho
10-24-2009, 08:35 PM
If McGee was any better than he is, the Bills would not keep him...

clumping platelets
10-24-2009, 09:09 PM
He's overrated as a #1 CB.............he needs to cover slot WRs

Ingtar33
10-24-2009, 09:28 PM
no clue. never was impressed. he's a solid starting corner. but he's nothing special. he should be returned to kick returning duty. that guy was unbelievable as a kick returner.

MassEffect218435
10-24-2009, 09:54 PM
He's another player (much like Evans) that is only a superstar in the eyes of the Buffalonians.

Mr. Pink
10-24-2009, 09:55 PM
He's a nickel corner but because our secondary is so weak he's the number 1 guy.

We kept him because he does have special teams ability.

It's painfully obvious that as long as you have special teams ability you're overrated by the team, coaches and fanbase so you get to keep a job.

If you're skilled but don't have special teams ability, 9 times out of 10, you end up going elsewhere as a FA.

mybills
10-24-2009, 10:44 PM
Anyone who thinks he's not good, is an idiot! (period)

He plays for Buffalo. That's the problem, not him.

Thanks, mybills.

trapezeus
10-25-2009, 12:13 AM
he's the best tackler in the secondary. he is asked to play with huge cushions.

they should put him back on kicks, especially with mckelvin and parrish out.

but he's good enough. if he isn't we're going to waste another 1st rounder on a CB from OSU that we won't keep 3 years from then. i'm over that. i think our secondary as a whole would be much better if we put more pressure on the qb and could stop the run without having them pinch in on run support.

And for the bills, mcgee's durability is awesome. he frequently plays injured.

not saying he's a stud, but he's more than servicable.

cocamide
10-25-2009, 12:55 AM
Didn't Gruden have high praise for him? But that doesn't mean anything, because Gruden knows nothing about football when compared to the average message board user.

Billz_fan
10-25-2009, 01:23 AM
McGee hustles and he does not give up on plays. Example, Thomas Jones 71 yard TD run last week. Mcgee ran him down. He could not save the TD but he ran his arse off and caught him from behind. We need more players with that mentality instead of the ones you can see every week not making tackles and pulling up on plays.

Crisis
10-25-2009, 02:08 AM
McGee hustles and he does not give up on plays. Example, Thomas Jones 71 yard TD run last week. Mcgee ran him down. He could not save the TD but he ran his arse off and caught him from behind. We need more players with that mentality instead of the ones you can see every week not making tackles and pulling up on plays.

yeah, not only did he not catch thomas jones in time on that play but he horse collared him and cost us more yardage on the kick.

i get what you're saying, but you could use a better example.

Billz_fan
10-25-2009, 03:26 AM
yeah, not only did he not catch thomas jones in time on that play but he horse collared him and cost us more yardage on the kick.

i get what you're saying, but you could use a better example.

LOL, Now that you said that I actually stole that compliment of Mcgee from Darryl Talleys twitter page on the day of the game. His compliment was also on the particular play.

EDIT: sorry to DT for stealing But I didn't want to say he said something in my post without a link and I was to lazy to look it back up. I did agree with his thoughts though. I think Terrance hustles on the field. We cannot say that about everyone on our team.

yordad
10-25-2009, 07:52 AM
Didn't he stop Thomas on the other long run?

Mahdi
10-25-2009, 08:31 AM

1:14. 2 straight passes on the same play to Hartline and Camarillo?? Horrible, he was 5 yds behind the WR catching the ball. Then on the TD it was McGees man he just lost track of him.
-Solid cover corner (matches up against team's #1)

- One of the best tackling CBs in the league

- high character (team first)

- plays through injuries