PDA

View Full Version : Clausen with another nice game

X-Era
10-24-2009, 06:15 PM
I'm becoming more and more impressed with him.

Hes becoming the type of player you could count on to lead a team when the game is on the line... real maturing nicely.

Raptor
10-24-2009, 06:28 PM
He's been by far the best pro looking QB i've seen this year

Raptor
11-01-2009, 02:47 PM
Thanks to the two meaningless wins we wont be in a position to draft JC but I dont care what we have to trade we need to get Clausen on this team. He's the only QB in this draft that has a shot at being a Franchise guy

tampabay25690
11-02-2009, 02:01 PM
CLAUSEN has flown up the draft boards from what Im hearing.
Right now he is definitely a top 5 pick it looks like him and Locker are the 1st 2 QB's coming off the board as of this week....

The King
11-02-2009, 02:17 PM
yuck.... a ND QB.

The Natrix
11-07-2009, 02:52 PM
Watching Clausen right now for the first time...

The Natrix
11-07-2009, 02:57 PM
Granted, it's only been 2 series, but not impressed so far.

BuffaloBlitz83
11-07-2009, 03:00 PM
this would be a brutal loss for ND, to unranked Navy.

The Natrix
11-07-2009, 03:02 PM
Go Navy.

Demon
11-07-2009, 04:38 PM
Quit wasting your time guys, Clausen won't be a good NFL QB and the Bills won't pick him.

DraftBoy
11-07-2009, 04:48 PM
This game has proven my point about Clausen's best throws are his intermediate ones and his deep ball is more of a ball he just throws up for grabs with his incredible WR's.

OpIv37
11-07-2009, 04:50 PM
This is not Claussen's best game and this game alone shouldn't be used as a full evaluation.

That being said, I'm not sure he's NFL material either. He doesn't play well in big games, he struggles with shorter throws, and it's hard for me to put it into tangible terms, but there's a poise element that I just don't see in him.

He's great for ND and I hope he comes back for his senior season- I just don't see him being successful in the NFL.

Demon
11-07-2009, 04:52 PM
Adam Schafter said few days ago that Browns Mangini has been scouting Clausen and maybe they will pick him.... with Mangini knowing Charlie Weis pretty well, i would think Browns pick Clausen with the top 6 or so pick.

LtFinFan66
11-07-2009, 05:05 PM
OUCH....Navy with the W over ND in their house

DraftBoy
11-07-2009, 05:08 PM
OUCH....Navy with the W over ND in their house

Not over....

Not likely to get another onside kick but not over.

BuffaloBlitz83
11-07-2009, 05:09 PM
Mangini taking another ND QB after the Brady Quinn Experiment?

LtFinFan66
11-07-2009, 05:09 PM
it's over

PECKERWOOD
11-07-2009, 05:11 PM
Still, I'm still a big fan of Clausen, he will be good. Golden Tate on the other hand, WOW. Love this guy, I reallllllly hope we get Tate. TATE TATE TATE TATE TATE!!!!

LtFinFan66
11-07-2009, 05:17 PM
Weiss is a freakin' blimp

PECKERWOOD
11-07-2009, 05:25 PM
http://www.wearethepostmen.com/wp-content/uploads//2008/05/weisathon.jpg

BuffaloBlitz83
11-07-2009, 10:41 PM
Wow Mccoy threw for 470.

tampabay25690
11-08-2009, 08:38 PM
Wow Mccoy threw for 470.

Thats all they do..

Demon
11-08-2009, 10:03 PM
Thats all they do..

The kid completed 79% of his 42 passes. Now that's impressive!

BillsWin
11-09-2009, 12:48 AM
Clausen and Locker are the reason that Bradford and Pike may slip to us at 9 or 10.

Be thankful their mommies and daddies bumped uglies 21-22 years ago because thanks to them and the ***** franchises who will pick before us, we won't accidentally draft these soon to be busts.

Just an opinion, but I think there are several QBs who have potential to do better in the pros than Clausen.

Clausen has relied on his stand out wide receivers to go up and make the play. You can't do that all the time in the pros.

If he can't lead ND to a win against Navy, what would he do against the Patriots?

X-Era
11-09-2009, 05:51 AM
Clausen and Locker are the reason that Bradford and Pike may slip to us at 9 or 10.

Be thankful their mommies and daddies bumped uglies 21-22 years ago because thanks to them and the ***** franchises who will pick before us, we won't accidentally draft these soon to be busts.

Just an opinion, but I think there are several QBs who have potential to do better in the pros than Clausen.

Clausen has relied on his stand out wide receivers to go up and make the play. You can't do that all the time in the pros.

If he can't lead ND to a win against Navy, what would he do against the Patriots?

Hold on.

QB ability isn't solely dictated by wins and losses.

Locker has all the ability in the world and could learn to run an NFL offense and make good decisions through proper coaching. That could happen.

Clausen has shown on multiple occasions that he is able to lead a team to victory. He also has enough talent to make it in the NFL.

Whether either ever becomes a quality NFL QB has to do with a whole host of factors beyond just wins and losses.

Tebow has the best leadership and grit of the entire bunch and maybe one of the best in the whole draft. But I wouldn't try him at QB at all.

We need the best we can get which is the most talent is all areas possible. One or two of the top QB prospects are likely to get grabbed before we draft. We can then take the 3rd best (in our mind) or take one later.

But if your looking for a #1 overall pick QB to be taken by the Bills, we wont be in a position to do that. I wouldn't mind a trade up, but we aren't likely to do that either.

Raptor
11-09-2009, 07:15 AM
Wow Mccoy threw for 470.

McCoy to me is the most likely QB to bust from this year

Only Avg arm and throws way to many picks for how simple his offense is

DraftBoy
11-09-2009, 10:53 AM
Hold on.

QB ability isn't solely dictated by wins and losses.

Locker has all the ability in the world and could learn to run an NFL offense and make good decisions through proper coaching. That could happen.

Clausen has shown on multiple occasions that he is able to lead a team to victory. He also has enough talent to make it in the NFL.

Whether either ever becomes a quality NFL QB has to do with a whole host of factors beyond just wins and losses.

Tebow has the best leadership and grit of the entire bunch and maybe one of the best in the whole draft. But I wouldn't try him at QB at all.

We need the best we can get which is the most talent is all areas possible. One or two of the top QB prospects are likely to get grabbed before we draft. We can then take the 3rd best (in our mind) or take one later.

But if your looking for a #1 overall pick QB to be taken by the Bills, we wont be in a position to do that. I wouldn't mind a trade up, but we aren't likely to do that either.

When exactly? Because Ive watched every Notre Dame game this season and Golden Tate has sure as hell had a lot more to do with ND victories this year than Jimmy Clausen has.

X-Era
11-09-2009, 05:36 PM
When exactly? Because Ive watched every Notre Dame game this season and Golden Tate has sure as hell had a lot more to do with ND victories this year than Jimmy Clausen has.
Washington, USC (loss), and BC. Hes a major or even the leading reason why they have had late game success. Its an intangible that us Bills fans should at least consider. His game isn't perfect by any means, but this is one of his upsides. You can throw Purdue in there too.

WeAreArthurMoates
11-10-2009, 11:40 AM
I would love Clausen but would love Okung, Suh, McCoy or Buluga even more.

tampabay25690
11-10-2009, 05:20 PM

If we draft PIKE I would jump off the sunshine skyway bridge......
That would suck.....That guy will be around later then the 2nd round IMO..

Raptor
11-10-2009, 07:06 PM
I would love Clausen but would love Okung, Suh, McCoy or Buluga even more.

I dont get this love for Buluga, I've seen him play a couple times and I wouldnt even call him a 1st rounder at this point

X-Era
11-10-2009, 08:18 PM
I dont get this love for Buluga, I've seen him play a couple times and I wouldnt even call him a 1st rounder at this point

I wont comment strictly on his skill, but I will say that both Trent Williams and Okung impressed the hell out of me and look a ton like franchise LT's.

Raptor
11-10-2009, 09:08 PM
I wont comment strictly on his skill, but I will say that both Trent Williams and Okung impressed the hell out of me and look a ton like franchise LT's.

eehh I agree with Okung but Trent Williams looks like he is destined for the right side in the NFL. He was much more impressive on that side last year than he is on the left side this year

X-Era
11-10-2009, 10:38 PM
eehh I agree with Okung but Trent Williams looks like he is destined for the right side in the NFL. He was much more impressive on that side last year than he is on the left side this year

Just an opinion, and that's how I see it.

DraftBoy
11-11-2009, 07:44 AM

What games did you watch? Bulaga hasn't allowed a sack all year if memory serves me right.

k-oneputt
11-11-2009, 08:54 AM
What games did you watch? Bulaga hasn't allowed a sack all year if memory serves me right.

Right tackle in the NFL imo. They are more athletic and run a little faster in the other big boy conferences.

If they are going o-tackle in the 1st I want Okung.

Jan Reimers
11-11-2009, 08:57 AM
Clausen led his team to 21 points against Navy. I know it's only 1 game, but to me, he hasn't been that impressive in any game that I have watched.

DraftBoy
11-11-2009, 10:36 AM
Right tackle in the NFL imo. They are more athletic and run a little faster in the other big boy conferences.

If they are going o-tackle in the 1st I want Okung.

Conference arguments are pointless in this discussion and Bulaga has plenty of athleticim, he's not as athletic as Bruce Campbell, but he is just as athletic as Trent Williams, who has really struggled this season.

DraftBoy
11-11-2009, 10:38 AM
Washington, USC (loss), and BC. Hes a major or even the leading reason why they have had late game success. Its an intangible that us Bills fans should at least consider. His game isn't perfect by any means, but this is one of his upsides. You can throw Purdue in there too.

Im sorry but in not one of those games did I watch them and say even once ok this is Jimmy's team. I routinely did say thatw as a hell of a catch by Tate or Rudolph. Or say Wow as Tate broke tackles....

Clausen did nothing special in those games but deliver the ball to his playmakers. That's fine as a QB, but its nothing to glorify.

X-Era
11-11-2009, 04:03 PM
Im sorry but in not one of those games did I watch them and say even once ok this is Jimmy's team. I routinely did say thatw as a hell of a catch by Tate or Rudolph. Or say Wow as Tate broke tackles....

Clausen did nothing special in those games but deliver the ball to his playmakers. That's fine as a QB, but its nothing to glorify.

He led the drives that either put the team up or put them in a position to win. That's worth what its worth... a college QB leading a college team against another college team to be i a position to win. It doesn't mean he comes into the NFL and saves some team. It simply gives scouts a hint that he may be able to lead a team. Whether he ever does that or not in the NFL? Who knows.

Raptor
11-11-2009, 04:14 PM

He has been getting owned the past two weeks.

He lacks that elite athleticism for LT and is much better suited for Guard on the next level

Raptor
11-11-2009, 04:19 PM

People see what they want to see, bottom line when the Irish needed a drive to put them in position to win win JC marched them down the field in those games. Yea he had players making plays but he's the one putting the ball in there hands to make the plays and thats exactly what you want your QB to do. If he was just locking on to one guy I could see your point but he was spraying it around

k-oneputt
11-11-2009, 05:26 PM
Conference arguments are pointless in this discussion and Bulaga has plenty of athleticim, he's not as athletic as Bruce Campbell, but he is just as athletic as Trent Williams, who has really struggled this season.

I believe I said Okung. Where did I mention Williams or Campbell ????

DraftBoy
11-11-2009, 08:24 PM
He has been getting owned the past two weeks.

He lacks that elite athleticism for LT and is much better suited for Guard on the next level

See your post below this one. The numbers don't support a statement of him getting owned the last two weeks. Nor does the tape I saw.

DraftBoy
11-11-2009, 08:33 PM
People see what they want to see, bottom line when the Irish needed a drive to put them in position to win win JC marched them down the field in those games. Yea he had players making plays but he's the one putting the ball in there hands to make the plays and thats exactly what you want your QB to do. If he was just locking on to one guy I could see your point but he was spraying it around

Yes the argument that only applies to QB's because they hold the ball every play. Im not saying Clausen can't get the ball to his play makers but to me he needed to show the ability to simply complete passed before this year.

Maybe his awesome WR corp over shadows his ability, but to me, I dont see anything that makes me go Wow, when I watch him play.

Raptor
11-12-2009, 06:54 AM
See your post below this one. The numbers don't support a statement of him getting owned the last two weeks. Nor does the tape I saw.

Then we are seeing different things because there is zero chance he is a LT on the next level

DraftBoy
11-12-2009, 07:37 AM
Then we are seeing different things because there is zero chance he is a LT on the next level

Fair enough, I have no idea what you're seeing though because just about every NFL Draft "expert" agrees he's a solid top 20 LT prospect.

k-oneputt
11-15-2009, 01:29 PM
At this point I would be willing to take an o-tackle in the first two rounds because our tackles both suck.
And some want to draft a wr. That is really unbelievable.