• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Jan 2004

WHEN IS THIS GOING TO END!

PHILADELPHIA -- Florida Panthers forward David Booth spent Saturday night at a local hospital after being removed from the ice on a stretcher following a scary open-ice hit from Philadelphia Flyers center Mike Richards.

With 2:55 left in the second period, Booth was carrying the puck into the Flyers' end when Richards leveled him with a shoulder to the head. Booth appeared to see Richards racing in from his right at the last second, but it was too late to avoid the blow. Booth flipped over backwards, landing awkwardly on his head and neck. He suffered a gash above his eye and appeared to lose consciousness either on the hit or immediately after hitting the ice.

Medics rushed onto the ice and Booth's neck was immobilized. He was strapped to a backboard and taken off on a stretcher. The game was delayed for about 10 minutes while doctors tended to Booth.

Sexton said Booth regained consciousness as he was being taken off the ice, and has feeling and in his arms and legs.
    Panthers forward David Booth was removed from the ice on a stretcher after an open-ice hit from Mike Richards during Saturday night's game.

what do you think clean or dirty hit
    Last edited by BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan; 10-24-2009, 11:17 PM.
  • clumping platelets

Re: WHEN IS THIS GOING TO END!

That was totally uncalled for............he hit him in the head.......see how the head snapped back? Hope he's ok

Comment

• SkateZilla
      • Dec 2002

100% Dirty... And I Hate Florida so You know its Dirty when I take FLAs Side...
      Skate Zilla
      -----------------------
      Skate Zilla HD Studios:
      SKATE ZILLA HD STUDIOS

Comment

• Ingtar33
        Dances With Buffaloes
        • Sep 2002

100% dirty.. he left his feet to make that hit. he was aiming for the head. he didn't even try to hit the body.
        My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Buffalogic
          Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
          • Feb 2006

Joe dirt thinks that's a dirty hit

Comment

• Meathead
            Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
            • Jul 2002

shame on the nhl for not outlawing blows to the head ten seasons ago

idk wtf they are waiting for
            One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• DMBcrew36
              • Feb 2005

I'm sure Flyers fans were cheering while Booth wasn't moving, then booing as he was taken off on a stretcher.

Comment

• SkateZilla
                • Dec 2002

Philthy Sucks, I dont see why Biron and Briere ever went there..... its a joke..

He Left his Feet, I mean, He Like Jumped towards Booth, Led with his Elbow and shoulder, leaned into it, but the main kicker is he was coming full speed along side and turned into him, he make a B-Line for Booth, isnt Full speed hits like that charging?

Someone Send Campbell over there to remind Philly how it feels to be on the receiving end of one of those hits.
                Skate Zilla
                -----------------------
                Skate Zilla HD Studios:
                SKATE ZILLA HD STUDIOS

Comment

• Nighthawk
                  Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                  • Jul 2002

Dirty hit...go for the body you f'n pussy!

Comment

• MikeInRoch
                    • Sep 2003

I agree that it is inexplicable that the NHL has not disallowed deliberate shots to the head. That should draw a multiple month suspension.
                    "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Comment

• rbochan
                      Zamboni Driver
                      • Jun 2008

There is no way anyone can justify this hit as OK. He hit him in the head. That is all you need to know.
                      ...Rob

The American Dream isn't an SUV and a house in the suburbs;
                      it's Don't Tread On Me.

Comment

• trapezeus
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Oct 2004

he didn't leave his feet. it wasn't a clean hit, but he didn't jump. he aimed for the guy's head.

booth had his head down and should have been taken out....but not like that. What was the verdict...did richards get any suspension for that?

Comment

Working...
                        X