PDA

View Full Version : Fitz stinks guys

X-Era
10-25-2009, 04:28 PM
Not even the answer as a backup.

Do any teams have 2 decent QB's, maybe a young one on the bench?

Im wondering what we might be able to do besides the draft.

Heres who Im thinking of:

Leinhart
Smith?
Quinn

Not a very good list.

BuffaloBlitz83
10-25-2009, 04:30 PM
So Smith is a good back up after 1 good game lol

X-Era
10-25-2009, 04:34 PM
So Smith is a good back up after 1 good game lol

Did you see me saying the list was good?

Im hoping I forgot someone worthy of a trade because my list isnt very good at all.

TheBrownBear
10-25-2009, 05:22 PM
Fitz = 2-0.

X-Era
10-25-2009, 05:35 PM
Fitz = 2-0.

Ride wins, not talent!

If he wins, he wins.

But, I seriously doubt this team makes it to the playoffs with him at the helm.

But, I like wins, cant complain with wins.

BertSquirtgum
10-25-2009, 05:36 PM
Fitz = 2-0.

you can't argue with that

X-Era
10-25-2009, 07:33 PM
Bradford is entering the draft!

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4593917

Crisis
10-25-2009, 07:38 PM
We can't even find a starter and we're already looking for a new backup?

X-Era
10-25-2009, 07:42 PM
We can't even find a starter and we're already looking for a new backup?

We are in rebuild mode after this season, and a franchise QB will be high on the list.

Nighthawk
10-25-2009, 07:44 PM
Fitz was brutal today, as was most of the team....except Byrd. Another ugly game in which this team looked very inept.

malo
10-25-2009, 07:50 PM
Fitz is horrible, but at least he has the balls to throw it down field. I was a Trent backer from day 1. I'd say Fitz gives the Bills a better chance to win. Although they need to find someone else entirely this offseason.

nateodoms'bff
10-25-2009, 07:51 PM
i don't think Fitzgerald is the answer at QB, but neither is Edwards. That has been made obvious by his inability to rebound from a bad game.

The thing with Fitzgerald is that he is very intelligent about the game. He is also confident. He doesn't worry about making mistakes. If throws an INT or makes a bad play, he steps right back up to the line and goes again. I like that about him. He doesnt have the physical tools though to be a regular starter. If he continues to win and play mistake free football, he will be the starter for the rest of the season.

My thinking is that eventually he will falter, and will play mostly how he played last season for the Bengals. I hope that doesnt happen, but its what his past dictates.

As for Bradford, that would be the worst mistake this team could make. There are other players that will be ready for the NFL before him. Jevan Snead is one. I really like what i see from Ryan Mallet in Arkansas, but he makes to many poor decisions with the ball. He has the physical tools, but the brains don't seem to be there right now.

X-Era
10-25-2009, 07:53 PM
i don't think Fitzgerald is the answer at QB, but neither is Edwards. That has been made obvious by his inability to rebound from a bad game.

The thing with Fitzgerald is that he is very intelligent about the game. He is also confident. He doesn't worry about making mistakes. If throws an INT or makes a bad play, he steps right back up to the line and goes again. I like that about him. He doesnt have the physical tools though to be a regular starter. If he continues to win and play mistake free football, he will be the starter for the rest of the season.

My thinking is that eventually he will falter, and will play mostly how he played last season for the Bengals. I hope that doesnt happen, but its what his past dictates.

As for Bradford, that would be the worst mistake this team could make. There are other players that will be ready for the NFL before him. Jevan Snead is one. I really like what i see from Ryan Mallet in Arkansas, but he makes to many poor decisions with the ball. He has the physical tools, but the brains don't seem to be there right now.
Its too early to argue, Bradford has to get his surgery, recover, and then show he can throw the ball again.

But Snead has been pretty average or worse too much this year. Thats just my opinion.

Owen DeBoard
10-25-2009, 08:00 PM

Fitzgerald is the WR for the Cardinals. I think you mean Fitzpatrick right?

Typ0
10-25-2009, 08:01 PM
TE made the same throws that JF made today. Neither one of them attacked the medium range part of the field. TE gets his job back and the chance to work through things.

Beastie Bills
10-25-2009, 08:06 PM
If we're gonna get a QB who is already in the NFL, it should be Kevin Kolb.

Also, Kyle Orton is a UFA after the season. I'd consider him, but he's probably the product of a system, and not quite as good as he looks right now. Also, if next year is uncapped, he'd be an RFA, not a UFA.

LooneyBin
10-25-2009, 08:07 PM
I'll talk qb's after the bill's last game of the season. Edwards still has until the end of the year.

Typ0
10-25-2009, 08:08 PM
Orton has always brought game to the field. I remember when he started in Chicago he stepped right up and outperformed a few guys ahead of him to keep playing. He's young and has had time to grow. He's playing very good ball right now ... no way we get that guy he might be good!

nateodoms'bff
10-25-2009, 08:12 PM
Fitzgerald is the WR for the Cardinals. I think you mean Fitzpatrick right?

yes. yes i do mean fitzpatrick.

justasportsfan
10-25-2009, 08:14 PM
he stinks but at least he isn't losing games for us.

Nighthawk
10-25-2009, 08:15 PM
he stinks but at least he isn't losing games for us.

He's also not the reason we're winning.

justasportsfan
10-25-2009, 08:22 PM
He's also not the reason we're winning.

I agree but our starter was throwing Td's for the other team. Lesser evil.

Nighthawk
10-25-2009, 08:22 PM
I agree but our starter was throwing Td's for the other team. Lesser evil.

Can't argue that.:surrender

Griff
10-25-2009, 11:19 PM
Fitz = 2-0.

defense = 10 turnovers.

yordad
10-25-2009, 11:22 PM
defense = 10 turnovers.Fitz = better production

Griff
10-25-2009, 11:38 PM
Fitz = better production

Rofl, if it wasn't for Byrd Fitz never would've sniffed the endzone.

Discotrish
10-26-2009, 11:51 AM
He made the pass to Evans that Edwards has been missing all year. When he dares throw it.

Patti

Mike13
10-26-2009, 12:01 PM
and he isnt the asnwer for you guys.

THATHURMANATOR
10-26-2009, 12:04 PM
a definition of a backup is a guy that can come in and win a game or two which he has clearly done. To say he isn't the answer as a backup is ridiculous... I don't want him to be a starter though I can agree with that.

justasportsfan
10-26-2009, 12:08 PM
If we are winning with the crappier qb who happens to be the back up and losing with the starter who happens to be the better qb, then I'll stick with the crappier back up.

TheBrownBear
10-26-2009, 12:19 PM
Fitz = 2-0; 33 points in 2 games (yes, nothing to brag about); 2 redzone TDs; ugly, not entirely enjoyable, yet winning football.

Trent = 1-4; 13 points in 3 games; 0 redzone TDs; entirely unwatchable football.

Now I'll give you this - the Trent from weeks 1 and 2 (and from weeks 1-6 of '08) is better than Fitz. But Trent looked to be getting worse and worse each successive week, much like he did last season when he personally played us out of the playoffs.

I don't want to see Trent throw away another shot at the playoffs. We know that's what Trent brings. Perhaps things will be the same or worse for us under Fitz, but at least we have the hope of the unknown. There's no reason for us to even watch if Trent's under center - might as well just tune out until the draft in that scenario.

Nighthawk
10-26-2009, 12:24 PM
Fitz = 2-0; 33 points in 2 games (yes, nothing to brag about); 2 redzone TDs; ugly, not entirely enjoyable, yet winning football.

Trent = 1-4; 13 points in 3 games; 0 redzone TDs; entirely unwatchable football.

Now I'll give you this - the Trent from weeks 1 and 2 (and from weeks 1-6 of '08) is better than Fitz. But Trent looked to be getting worse and worse each successive week, much like he did last season when he personally played us out of the playoffs.

I don't want to see Trent throw away another shot at the playoffs. We know that's what Trent brings. Perhaps things will be the same or worse for us under Fitz, but at least we have the hope of the unknown. There's no reason for us to even watch if Trent's under center - might as well just tune out until the draft in that scenario.

To steal a line from Jim Mora..."Playoffs?, Playoffs?"...come on man, how the hell do feel like this team has a chance at the playoffs?

TheBrownBear
10-26-2009, 12:31 PM
To steal a line from Jim Mora..."Playoffs?, Playoffs?"...come on man, how the hell do feel like this team has a chance at the playoffs?
Believe me, I agree with you. I was just discussing it from a mathematical, and partly from a completely irrational emotionally based standpoint. Dick Jauron would coach the '90 Bills into a playoff bubble team.

Nighthawk
10-26-2009, 12:32 PM
Believe me, I agree with you. I was just discussing it from a mathematical, and partly from a completely irrational emotionally based standpoint. Dick Jauron would coach the '90 Bills into an playoff bubble team.

Ha, ha...so true!

HHURRICANE
10-26-2009, 12:57 PM
This team is a bunch of pussies starting with it's head coach.

Fitz will be the starter until he loses us a game. That way there is no second guessing from fans. Jauron doesn't have to do anything risky that way.

It's pretty obvious that we have coached the confidence out of Trent. Creating a QB controversy with a backup, who admits he's the backup, is just another reason why I hate this team right now.

kernowboy
10-26-2009, 01:10 PM
We need a franchise LT before a QB as no QB can succeed from the horizontal.

A name to watch out for is Pat Devlin who has been nothing but outstanding since he transferred to Delaware from Penn St

HHURRICANE
10-26-2009, 01:13 PM
We need a franchise LT before a QB as no QB can succeed from the horizontal.

A name to watch out for is Pat Devlin who has been nothing but outstanding since he transferred to Delaware from Penn St

This isn't fair. We had a franchise LT. We replaced him with a guy that reminded everyone of Peters.

So based on Bills front office logic we have a franchise LT.

dasaybz
10-26-2009, 02:00 PM
I wonder how much better Fitz's numbers would have been if the WRs weren't dropping balls all over the place.