PDA

View Full Version : Edwards can't get back soon enough.

HHURRICANE
10-25-2009, 04:30 PM
That was ugly. I also think we need to start looking at the OC and these supposed weapons.

hydro
10-25-2009, 04:32 PM
Edwards would be doing just the same out there if not worse...

X-Era
10-25-2009, 04:33 PM
Edwards would be doing just the same out there if not worse...

Not here on Earth... maybe some other planet.

BuffaloBlitz83
Worse is possible?

Dr. Lecter
Dude, your obsession with defending Edwards is laughable.

BTW, what do you think of special teams today?

gil
I don't think Edwards does much different - this offensive game plan is, in fact, offensive.

Joe Fo Sho
10-25-2009, 04:34 PM
I saw about 3 throws that had potential for completion that Edwards would not have even attempted. Edwards is a pansy.

In my eyes, the only positive for Trent coming back is that he's likely to keep getting more concussions and thus less likely to come back from them.

trapezeus
10-25-2009, 04:34 PM
i don't think edwards would be worse than 3/8 or whatever it is.

if nothing else, this shows that people are open on the longer routes, but TO can't catch them, fitz is highly inaccurate, and edwards never even tries. sounds like the position is in some serious disarray.

but i still don't think anyone succeeds behind this line. although, i like that fitzpatrick moves up in the pocket to buy some time...he's just really inaccurate.

X-Era
10-25-2009, 04:36 PM
I saw about 3 throws that had potential for completion that Edwards would not have even attempted. Edwards is a pansy.

In my eyes, the only positive for Trent coming back is that he's likely to keep getting more concussions and thus less likely to come back from them.

Edwards is no stud by any means and not worthy of being our guy anymore but Fitz is even worse.

Joe Fo Sho
10-25-2009, 04:39 PM
Edwards is no stud by any means and not worthy of being our guy anymore but Fitz is even worse.

I don't think Fitz is better, but he at least tries to make a friggin play. I would rather see an incomplete pass attempt that's longer than 10 yards than a 2 yard dump off.

Trent Edwards is the first quarterback on the Bills that I've never liked.

X-Era
10-25-2009, 04:40 PM
I don't think Fitz is better, but he at least tries to make a friggin play. I would rather see an incomplete pass attempt that's longer than 10 yards than a 2 yard dump off.

Trent Edwards is the first quarterback on the Bills that I've never liked.

So your happy with 3/9 for 30 yards no TD's and no INT's at the half?

OK, Im not.

HHURRICANE
10-25-2009, 04:48 PM
3-10 for 30.

You guys who are defending Fitzpatrick are starting to look ridiculous.

Come one.

Joe Fo Sho
10-25-2009, 04:50 PM
So your happy with 3/9 for 30 yards no TD's and no INT's at the half?

OK, Im not.

happier than I would be with edwards, yes.

X-Era
10-25-2009, 04:51 PM
happier than I would be with edwards, yes.

Ok, you just like one version of crap more than another, I cant fault that.

Personally, Id be happy with a rookie right now.

Joe Fo Sho
10-25-2009, 04:51 PM
edwards never had a half like this? I bet I could find a couple of worse ones.

X-Era
10-25-2009, 04:52 PM
edwards never had a half like this? I bet I could find a couple of worse ones.

Of course.

Im not defending either of them.

But I think Trents more on target than Fitz when he actual has the balls to throw it.

hydro
10-25-2009, 04:53 PM
3-10 for 30.

Come one.

Why is the reading comprehension of this board so bad? I don't see anyone defending Fitzpatrick saying he is better than anyone else. But I don't think Edwards would be doing much better. It isn't like we are missing a Top 15 QB right now. They are both about as equally as terrible.

Joe Fo Sho
10-25-2009, 04:53 PM
Ok, you just like one version of crap more than another, I cant fault that.

Personally, Id be happy with a rookie right now.

I'm even more nervous that we're gonna get another project qb. I would be happy with a decent vet, assuming one is available.

X-Era
10-25-2009, 04:54 PM
I'm even more nervous that we're gonna get another project qb. I would be happy with a decent vet, assuming one is available.

Thats just it, you wont find one.

Decent isnt good enough anymore, its franchise QB or bust IMO.

Joe Fo Sho
10-25-2009, 04:55 PM
Of course.

Im not defending either of them.

But I think Trents more on target than Fitz when he actual has the balls to throw it.

I get where you're coming from. That was directed more towards HH.

SquishDaFish
10-25-2009, 05:02 PM
Give it up bro. Fitz sucks yes but at least he tries to throw it past the line of scrimmage. Edwards is captain checkdown.

ddaryl
10-25-2009, 05:19 PM
$10 says the jauron kid picks his nose.

Joe Fo Sho
10-25-2009, 05:36 PM
Fitz is starting to string together a few nice plays, huh?

DynaPaul
10-25-2009, 06:33 PM
We still don't have a QB. They both aren't very good.

mush69
10-25-2009, 06:51 PM
I guess I like the fact, behind our Pathetic line, Fitz took some shots and stayed in the game! Unlike our porcelin doll in Edwards. The big concussion is coming and from what I saw today Fritz will stand in and take a sot, how long does he last with our paper thin line though?

Philagape
10-25-2009, 06:55 PM
Fitz got better as the game went on. He slung it a few times, the TD to Evans was laser precise and the bomb to Evans was beautiful. He did what a backup is supposed to do: manage the game and not lose it. Obviously not the answer, but good enough to make this a competition, given how Edwards was playing.
Edwards gets ONE more chance, knowing he's got some heat now. Last one.

Novacane
10-25-2009, 06:57 PM
Edwards can't get back soon enough? How can anyone be calling for captain checkdown :rolleyes: He SUCKS. Fitz Sucks but at least he attempts to make something happen.

Joe Fo Sho
10-25-2009, 08:30 PM
Edwards can't get back soon enough? How can anyone be calling for captain checkdown :rolleyes: He SUCKS. Fitz Sucks but at least he attempts to make something happen.

Exactly.

Tiburon1724
10-25-2009, 08:34 PM
Fitz is nothing special, but at least he throws to his WR's. He should finish out the year until we draft a QB next offseason.

yordad
10-25-2009, 08:37 PM
3-10 for 30.

Come one.Really, he gets judged on his first 10 passes? Pff. How many does Trent get again?

BTW, he was 8 of his next 12 for 93 yards and a TD.

Joe Fo Sho
10-25-2009, 08:37 PM
Fitz is nothing special, but at least he throws to his WR's. He should finish out the year until we draft a QB next offseason.

Couldn't agree more.

I think some people are confused. It's not my love for Fitzpatrick, it's my complete disdain for Edwards. I really wanna see what Hamdan can do.

Nighthawk
10-25-2009, 08:38 PM
Fitz is bad, Edwards is bad...what does it matter who starts?

justasportsfan
10-25-2009, 08:38 PM
I'll take an ugly win over an ugly loss anyday

LooneyBin
10-25-2009, 08:40 PM
Edwards hasn't exactly done enough for anyone to have to yearn for him. With that said, i'm going to give him until the end of the season before the jury is out.

As far as Fitz goes, he's done his job as a backup. Nobody will mistake him for Frank Reich, but he's pulled off two road wins, which is never an easy feat for any qb in the nfl.

Joe Fo Sho
10-25-2009, 08:42 PM
Edwards hasn't exactly done enough for anyone to have to yearn for him. With that said, i'm going to give him until the end of the season before the jury is out.

As far as Fitz goes, he's done his job as a backup. Nobody will mistake him for Frank Reich, but he's pulled off two road wins, which is never an easy feat for any qb in the nfl.

If Fitzel beats the Texans, I want him to start the rest of the season. Maybe even if he just keeps it close.

Mahdi
10-25-2009, 09:40 PM
Fitz was not great... Edwards is not great... but Fitz gives defenses more to think about.

Fitz uses every third of the field... short, intermediate and long. And with more practice time getting his timing down with Lee and TO, I bet he looks even better.

The other MAJOR difference is how he reacts to pressure. Fitz moves around it and keeps his eyes downfield. Trent concedes to it.

Griff
10-25-2009, 11:12 PM
Dude, your obsession with defending Edwards is laughable.

BTW, what do you think of special teams today?

right because Fitz has been playing lights out football. Fitz has had 1 good game his entire career.

Griff
10-25-2009, 11:13 PM
Fitz is bad, Edwards is bad...what does it matter who starts?

if Trent is a 4, Fitz is at best a 3. Trent may have had a bad year, but at least he's had multiple touchdown games this year.

Billz_fan
10-26-2009, 01:52 AM
I think defending either one of these guys is crazy. Neither one is any good. Edwards looks like a child out there who doesn't wan to get hit. Dumping down like his life depended on it. Fitz ? poor guy just lacks talent. He does try to make throws though. throws you never see Edwards even try.

Anyway they both stink.

Griff
10-26-2009, 03:26 AM
Give it up bro. Fitz sucks yes but at least he tries to throw it past the line of scrimmage. Edwards is captain checkdown.

yeah leading our offense to 3 points was amazing. Seriously if it wasn't for Byrd or the muff we would've lost this game 3-9 (at best)

Griff
10-26-2009, 03:28 AM
I think defending either one of these guys is crazy. Neither one is any good. Edwards looks like a child out there who doesn't wan to get hit. Dumping down like his life depended on it. Fitz ? poor guy just lacks talent. He does try to make throws though. throws you never see Edwards even try.

Anyway they both stink.

neither are playing well, but at least Trent has potential, get a vet let Trent sit for a few years.

Buckets
10-26-2009, 09:32 AM
Yeah then we go from sub-par to mediocure.

yordad
10-26-2009, 09:44 AM
if Trent is a 4, Fitz is at best a 3. Trent may have had a bad year, but at least he's had multiple touchdown games this year.Fitz may be a 3 at best, but Trent has been in the 0-2 range.

justasportsfan
10-26-2009, 09:46 AM
yeah leading our offense to 3 points was amazing. Seriously if it wasn't for Byrd or the muff we would've lost this game 3-9 (at best)

Licker alert .

How many times did the D give the ball back to Trent vs. the saints , browns , etc. etc. and yet Trent didn't do anything with the ball?

Trent couldn't and wouldn't throw that slant to Lee.

ddaryl
10-26-2009, 09:48 AM
Fitz was not great... Edwards is not great... but Fitz gives defenses more to think about.

Fitz uses every third of the field... short, intermediate and long. And with more practice time getting his timing down with Lee and TO, I bet he looks even better.

The other MAJOR difference is how he reacts to pressure. Fitz moves around it and keeps his eyes downfield. Trent concedes to it.

a perfect analogy... I said this in another post .. I hope Trent is taking notes, because the dimension Fitz does bring is what Trent is missing...

HHURRICANE
10-26-2009, 10:09 AM
Fitzpatrick has completeted 44% perecent of his passes and is averaging 5.1 yards a pass.

Had it not been for the 9 picks the last 2 weeks there is no way we win with that kind of performance.

I'm not loving Edwards play right now either but to say that Fitzpatrick is somehow better than Edwards is ridiculus.

You play the better player.

Philagape
10-26-2009, 10:24 AM
Fitzpatrick has completeted 44% perecent of his passes and is averaging 5.1 yards a pass.

Had it not been for the 9 picks the last 2 weeks there is no way we win with that kind of performance.

I'm not loving Edwards play right now either but to say that Fitzpatrick is somehow better than Edwards is ridiculus.

Being better doesn't matter if he doesn't try anything.

Mahdi
10-26-2009, 10:38 AM

You play the player that involves his teammates in the game. ie throwing to your WRs on occasion.

Fitzpatrick would have won the Cleveland game too.

justasportsfan
10-26-2009, 10:46 AM
You play the player that involves his teammates in the game. ie throwing to your WRs on occasion.

Panthers, no.1 vs. the pass
Jets , top 10

Browns bottom of the pile.

Nuff said.

Jan Reimers
10-26-2009, 10:58 AM
You mean the Edwards that was last seen getting 3 points against the Browns, and doing nothing against the Jets? I agree that Edwards and Fitz are both abominable, but at least Fitz occasionally zips the ball on a slant pattern, and throws the occasional long pass. Oh, and has won both games he's been in.

The only thing that's clear to me is that we will need a brand new starting QB next season.

HHURRICANE
10-26-2009, 11:21 AM
Fitz has already been annouced as the starter for Sunday so you guys get another week of fitz-fest.

The fact that the guy is making 44% of his completions means that he isn't keeping drives alive. If you somehow think he is the reason we are winning than enjoy the fallacy.

Dr. Lecter
10-26-2009, 11:25 AM
Fitz has already been annouced as the starter for Sunday so you guys get another week of fitz-fest.

The fact that the guy is making 44% of his completions means that he isn't keeping drives alive. If you somehow think he is the reason we are winning than enjoy the fallacy.

Where is this FitzFest you speak of?

You have the most active imagination on this site. All people are saying is that with Fitz playing the last two weeks, the offense has actually made a few plays when they need to and that he at least tries to make a play instead of throwing a 3 yard pass to Derek Fine. Nobody is in love with this guy. Nobody.

Yet your man-love for all that is Trent is quite upset at the last two wins.

justasportsfan
10-26-2009, 11:31 AM
If we win again on sunday, I hope someone gives Trent a pat on the head and tell him to keep his chin up.

HHURRICANE
10-26-2009, 01:50 PM
Where is this FitzFest you speak of?

You have the most active imagination on this site. All people are saying is that with Fitz playing the last two weeks, the offense has actually made a few plays when they need to and that he at least tries to make a play instead of throwing a 3 yard pass to Derek Fine. Nobody is in love with this guy. Nobody.

Yet your man-love for all that is Trent is quite upset at the last two wins.

I want the guy who gives us the best chance to win on the field. Fitzpatrick was the winning QB in two games and I give him credit for not doing a JP but he isn't the reason we won those games. We won is spite of his poor play.

But than I come on here and I read how he has taken some chances that Edwards hasn't. That's just BS. The guy has completed 44% of his passes. That's insane and doesn't give you many chances to win games.

Riding the Fitzpatrick bandwagon says alot about our fans.

Mahdi
10-26-2009, 02:54 PM
I want the guy who gives us the best chance to win on the field. Fitzpatrick was the winning QB in two games and I give him credit for not doing a JP but he isn't the reason we won those games. We won is spite of his poor play.

But than I come on here and I read how he has taken some chances that Edwards hasn't. That's just BS. The guy has completed 44% of his passes. That's insane and doesn't give you many chances to win games.

Wanting Trent Edwards back to start ahead of Fitz says a lot about you. You clearly have blind faith in Trent and thats fine.

And I say BLIND faith because he has shown nothing to prove he deserves to start.

Joe Fo Sho
10-26-2009, 04:35 PM

What exactly does it say about our fans???

Typ0
10-26-2009, 04:41 PM
What exactly does it say about our fans???

it says we're blind and knee jerk.

Joe Fo Sho
10-26-2009, 04:42 PM
it says we're blind and knee jerk.

Why? Cuz we think Edwards is boring? Maybe we just hate Edwards and have no other options but to rally behind our backup...

SquishDaFish
10-26-2009, 04:45 PM
Fitz does one thing Captain Checkdown doesnt and thats take chances downfield and throwing to the WRs granted not alll on target but at lease hes trying it. Captain Checkdown wont even try he rather dump it off to the Backs and Tes short.

Typ0
10-26-2009, 04:45 PM
That's a sad thing to say. Fitz has not played well in TE absence. The defense won those games and/or the other team gave them to us. Declaring TE benched because Fitz is winning is a complete joke. Being blind to the fact that TE made some of those throws as well is also a joke. Personally, I think they both suck. I don't see TE ever getting out of this funk fully and taking the next step .. but we made a commitment to him and should give him a chance to play through this for at least a couple more weeks before we throw him away.

Wanting Trent Edwards back to start ahead of Fitz says a lot about you. You clearly have blind faith in Trent and thats fine.

And I say BLIND faith because he has shown nothing to prove he deserves to start.

Typ0
10-26-2009, 04:48 PM
Fitz does one thing Captain Checkdown doesnt and thats take chances downfield and throwing to the WRs granted not alll on target but at lease hes trying it. Captain Checkdown wont even try he rather dump it off to the Backs and Tes short.

See....there is the blindness again. TE does throw downfield and gets longer pass completions. I didn't see Fitz lighting up the part of the field that TE hasn't been hitting either...in fact, I think the gameplan last week was to get the ball to TO and open up that part of the field. How well did it go?

yordad
10-26-2009, 06:05 PM

You play the better player.But he looks so poised!!!!!

But, I guess he didn't meet Trent's prolific 73 passer rating!

BTW, Fitz's passer rating in his only start was a whopping (by comparison) 82!

Oh, BTW, the Panthers rank #1 in pass defense.

In the last game Trent started and finished he had a 52 passer rating vs the leagues DEAD LAST defense.

Spin that stat boy!

yordad
10-26-2009, 06:06 PM
in fact, I think the gameplan last week was to get the ball to TO and open up that part of the field. Was that a brand spanking new wrinkle? lol

Joe Fo Sho
10-26-2009, 07:36 PM
See....there is the blindness again. TE does throw downfield and gets longer pass completions. I didn't see Fitz lighting up the part of the field that TE hasn't been hitting either...in fact, I think the gameplan last week was to get the ball to TO and open up that part of the field. How well did it go?

It's sad, I honestly can't remember a long throw from Trent that wasn't a bomb. Where is the intermediate routes? He throws a pretty deep ball, but so did JP. Fitzel didn't light up that part of the field, but at least he tried to.

BillsWin
10-26-2009, 07:46 PM
Fitz is playing Dilfer style football. He is letting his defense keep him a score away from winning the football game, and then he does just enough to get that one score.

He is still awful.

But so is Edwards.

Play whoever is winning.

If Fitz plays a good game and gets you to .500. You play him, because he would be 3-0. 2-0 on the road. 1-0 in division. 2-0 against teams who at the time of the game had winning records. Jets: 3-2, and Houston: 4-3.

Not bad for a backup. Play the hot hand. Although this means nothing if we lose Sunday.

Typ0
10-27-2009, 06:41 AM
Was that a brand spanking new wrinkle? lol

No, that was one of the objectives since the beginning of the season but it wasn't getting done. What I'm saying was the entire through line of the offense last week during the first half was those objectives. The play calling was different. That wasn't a function of TE or Fitz it was the choices the coaches made about the game plan.

yordad
10-27-2009, 07:33 AM
No, that was one of the objectives since the beginning of the season but it wasn't getting done. What I'm saying was the entire through line of the offense last week during the first half was those objectives. The play calling was different. That wasn't a function of TE or Fitz it was the choices the coaches made about the game plan.So, you are trying to tell me the coaches waited until Trent was injured before they made an effort to get TO the ball? Or are you telling me it was the objective since the beginning?

You are talking in circles. You felt like they were trying to get the ball to TO more, because the QB was trying to get the ball to TO more.

The game plan? The choices the coaches made?

This is the most licking excuse I have ever heard. This is above and beyond anything. Not to mention it contradicts itself.

Isn't it entirely more likely TOs number is called as frequently as it has been in past weeks, however Fitz just actually threw it? I mean since it was "the objective since the beginning". You got one thing right: it wasn't getting done.

WeAreArthurMoates
10-27-2009, 08:21 AM
All I know there's no way in hell that Trent throws and completes the slant pass to Evans for the score. No way, he would of say two guys and the vagina qb would of taken a sack or checked down.

HHURRICANE
10-27-2009, 08:56 AM
All I know there's no way in hell that Trent throws and completes the slant pass to Evans for the score. No way, he would of say two guys and the vagina qb would of taken a sack or checked down.

How do you know that Trent, who completes 60 % of his passes, doesn't keep more drives alive and we don't have to win a nail biter in NY? The Panthers suck and we kept them in the game. Even Tasker said we were keeping them in the game with our poor offensive play.

I wouldn't be all in Fitz's **** if he had some normal stats the last two weeks but seriously those are just atrocious numbers. He had nothing to do with us winning those games.

We have a remote chance to stay in the playoff race if for nothing more than to keep it interesting. Playing the crappier player makes absolutely no sense.

HHURRICANE
10-27-2009, 08:58 AM
That's a sad thing to say. Fitz has not played well in TE absence. The defense won those games and/or the other team gave them to us. Declaring TE benched because Fitz is winning is a complete joke. Being blind to the fact that TE made some of those throws as well is also a joke. Personally, I think they both suck. I don't see TE ever getting out of this funk fully and taking the next step .. but we made a commitment to him and should give him a chance to play through this for at least a couple more weeks before we throw him away.

Typo has not been an Edwards fan at all so his opinion of the situation is completely unbiased.

He just made my point for me.

Griff
10-27-2009, 09:06 AM
Fitz may be a 3 at best, but Trent has been in the 0-2 range.

unless you've watched the games, or just don't hate Trent.

Dr. Lecter
10-27-2009, 09:08 AM
How do you know that Trent, who completes 60 % of his passes, doesn't keep more drives alive and we don't have to win a nail biter in NY? The Panthers suck and we kept them in the game. Even Tasker said we were keeping them in the game with our poor offensive play.

I wouldn't be all in Fitz's **** if he had some normal stats the last two weeks but seriously those are just atrocious numbers. He had nothing to do with us winning those games.

We have a remote chance to stay in the playoff race if for nothing more than to keep it interesting. Playing the crappier player makes absolutely no sense.

You crack me up.

While Fitz has obviously not been great, you are using one stat (completion %) to bash him. He also has made plays when the offense has needed them for a boost. The long pass to Evans. The TD to Evans. The first down on 3rd adn 7 to Reed late in the game. Edwards #s are deceiving because he throws the ball 3 damn yards to a RB or TE, which are high completion types of passes.

As all smart fans know, stats are not always the only way to rate a QB. What Fitz does do is at least attempt to make plays. He threw 3 or 4 deep balls Sunday. Sure only one was completed. But completing 1 of 4 for 50 yards can make bigger difference than completing 4 of 4 for 20 yards.

Fitz is a more efficient game manager. No doubt it is not exciting and is not playoff ball, but Edwards is certainly not playing at playoff ball level either.

And saying he had nothing to do with the win, after the pass he threw for a TD, is sour grapes. And kinda silly.

justasportsfan
10-27-2009, 09:10 AM

Fitz may have kept the Panthers in the game, Trent gives opponents the game. I hope our doctors check Trents nuts aside from his head to make sure everything is okay. Until Trent gorws a pair, his potential talent means squat.

Griff
10-27-2009, 09:11 AM
Licker alert .

How many times did the D give the ball back to Trent vs. the saints , browns , etc. etc. and yet Trent didn't do anything with the ball?

Trent couldn't and wouldn't throw that slant to Lee.
Rofl. We had one takeaway from week 3-5.

Griff
10-27-2009, 09:12 AM

rofl and thats based on what, the 3 points he guided us to against the Panthers?

justasportsfan
10-27-2009, 09:13 AM
Rofl. We had one takeaway from week 3-5.

I don't care if they were take aways or not. The D gave Trent the ball several times. The D made the opponents go 3 and out and Trent kept giving them the ball back.

Only a licker can't see the difference between a take away and making the opponents go 3 and out.

Dujek
10-27-2009, 09:29 AM
So, you are trying to tell me the coaches waited until Trent was injured before they made an effort to get TO the ball? Or are you telling me it was the objective since the beginning?

You are talking in circles. You felt like they were trying to get the ball to TO more, because the QB was trying to get the ball to TO more.

The game plan? The choices the coaches made?

This is the most licking excuse I have ever heard. This is above and beyond anything. Not to mention it contradicts itself.

Isn't it entirely more likely TOs number is called as frequently as it has been in past weeks, however Fitz just actually threw it? I mean since it was "the objective since the beginning". You got one thing right: it wasn't getting done.

They didn't wait until TE was injured, but they did wait until the Jets game to try different things to get the WRs the ball.

Remember, Edwards was 5/5, with 3 of those passes to his two main WRs. Not stellar, and we can't be sure how it would have gone on from there, but it certainly indicates that it was the playcalling that changed and got the ball to the WRs more.

I simply think Edwards is a better passer than Fitz. I understand people's frustration with Edwards checking down, but he can, and has, thrown good passes to players on intermediate to deep routes, he just hasn't done it often enough. Fitzpatrick though simply chucks up bricks most of the time, with the occasional nice pass in the mix.

Given the choice of either of them or about 25 of the other starters I'd take the other starters, but between Edwards and Fitz... Trent should start every time.

WeAreArthurMoates
10-27-2009, 09:33 AM

How do I know, seriously, you asked that question. Well let's see, Trent hasn't completed a slant pass all season AND DOES NOT THROW THE BALL TO THE WR IN DOUBLE COVERAGE. I'm sorry dude, he has done this all season and how you don't see this is beyond me. Most importantly Fitzpatrick realizes there's a pretty good wr in Lee Evans on this and for some reason Trent didn't.

yordad
10-27-2009, 09:35 AM
unless you've watched the games, or just don't hate Trent.Put up a poll if you want, the people will speak. He is bottom 3 in the league as a starter, that makes him a 0-2.

HHURRICANE
10-27-2009, 09:52 AM
While Fitz has obviously not been great, you are using one stat (completion %) to bash him. He also has made plays when the offense has needed them for a boost. The long pass to Evans. The TD to Evans. The first down on 3rd adn 7 to Reed late in the game. Edwards #s are deceiving because he throws the ball 3 damn yards to a RB or TE, which are high completion types of passes.

This is how little you know. Do you realize that Fitzpatrick is averaging less attempts deep than Edwards? Go to ESPN and look up the stats yourself.

As I have said before Edwards hasn't done anything to impress anyone here but to make a stupid comment like "at least Fitz is trying different things" is ridiculous when it's not true.

justasportsfan
10-27-2009, 09:56 AM
This is how little you know. Do you realize that Fitzpatrick is averaging less attempts deep than Edwards? Go to ESPN and look up the stats yourself.

As I have said before Edwards hasn't done anything to impress anyone here but to make a stupid comment like "at least Fitz is trying different things" is ridiculous when it's not true.
:duel:

HHURRICANE
10-27-2009, 10:08 AM

You obvioulsy are not a Dr. of mathematics:

Edwards is averaging 6.4 yards a compltion and completing 60% of his passes.

Fitzpatrick is averaging 5.1 yards a completion and completing 44% of his passes.

No matter how you slice it you are getting more offensive production out of Edwards.

Fitzpatrick made half of his stas on one play.

Dr. Lecter
10-27-2009, 10:09 AM

How little I know?

Coming from you, I'll take that as a compliment. (Conditioning leads to broken bones and torn ligaments!!!! Bobby April is a bad ST coach!!!!)

BTW, where are those stats? Easy for you to say "look them up".I see the usually QB stats, but nothing about deep attempts.

Look at what Edwards has done since the first two games of the year. He has been very tentative. He has not made plays under pressure. Something is going on. It might not be all him, that is for sure. But something is wrong.

And I am not even on the start FItz bandwagon. But seeing you clamor for Edwards is amusing.

Interestingly though, the yards per completion is 10.8 for Trent and 11.3 for Fitz. Considering that Fitz has had less time working with the starters, some of his accuracy issues are understandable and should improve.

Fact is, no matter how anybody tries to spin it, there is no clear cut winner in the QB battle. Right now neither look great.

And here is another stat - Edwards has 153 attempts and has been sacked 19 times. A He gets sacked 11% of the time he drops back. Fitz -47 attempts and 2 sacks. He gets sacked 4% of the time. And considering that Fitz never had Butler at RG like Trent did the first two games, it makes these numbers look worse.

Interesting, eh?

Dr. Lecter
10-27-2009, 10:10 AM

Fitzpatrick is averaging 5.1 yards a completion and completing 44% of his passes.

No matter how you slice it you are getting more offensive production out of Edwards.

I bet I have more math education than you do. You know, having an actual degree in it and all.

Read the response I just posted and quit using half of the numbers available to you.

Look at yards per attempt. Look at the Bills offense scoring 3 points against the Browns with Trent at QB.

The Bills offense had two good games - New England and Tampa. Since then they have stunk. 7 against the Saints. 10 against the Dolphins. 3 Against the Browns.

Hell, the 16 and 20 the last two weeks are virtual explosions. And most of that of that is with Fitz at QB.

Using averages can be misleading and is not always statistically sound. Trends must be considered as well. And the trend for the Trent led offense is downward.

Jan Reimers
10-27-2009, 10:13 AM

You are overlooking turnovers, game changing plays, and the only statistic that counts - WINS.

Dr. Lecter
10-27-2009, 10:14 AM
You are overlooking turnovers, game changing plays, and the only statistic that counts - WINS.

Silly Jan.

The only stats that count are completion % and yards per attempt!!!

Goobylal
10-27-2009, 10:44 AM
Anyone still clamoring for Edwards to start, after the Bills have won their last 2 games and Edwards lost against the freakin' Browns, AGAIN, needs his/her head examined. He's done. He's been living-off his reputation from his first-ever NFL drive against the Patriots in 2007 and how he seemed to be better than JP. The fact is, he can't read 3-4 defenses, doesn't have enough arm strength, and he doesn't trust his decision making anymore. On top of that, he's injury prone, and now we can add concussion-prone. Fitz is better, but not by much, which means the Bills will unfortunately be looking for a new QB next year, unless Hamdan surprises.

yordad
10-27-2009, 10:47 AM

Fitzpatrick made half of his stas on one play.OK then Dr. Math, why did you fail to respond to this....

But he looks so poised!!!!!

But, I guess he didn't meet Trent's prolific 73 passer rating!

BTW, Fitz's passer rating in his only start was a whopping (by comparison) 82!

Oh, BTW, the Panthers rank #1 in pass defense.

In the last game Trent started and finished he had a 52 passer rating vs the leagues DEAD LAST defense.

Spin that stat boy!

Typ0
10-27-2009, 10:57 AM
and anyone with a good statistical background would know there is not enough observations to assert anything from TEs few bad weeks in a row. That's why he need to play when he gets healthy. If Fitz gets better production from the offense and it tanks again when TE comes back for a few weeks that is much better evidence that TE is failing than our last couple wins against bad teams.

I bet I have more math education than you do. You know, having an actual degree in it and all.

Read the response I just posted and quit using half of the numbers available to you.

Look at yards per attempt. Look at the Bills offense scoring 3 points against the Browns with Trent at QB.

The Bills offense had two good games - New England and Tampa. Since then they have stunk. 7 against the Saints. 10 against the Dolphins. 3 Against the Browns.

Hell, the 16 and 20 the last two weeks are virtual explosions. And most of that of that is with Fitz at QB.

Using averages can be misleading and is not always statistically sound. Trends must be considered as well. And the trend for the Trent led offense is downward.

Dr. Lecter
10-27-2009, 11:09 AM
and anyone with a good statistical background would know there is not enough observations to assert anything from TEs few bad weeks in a row. That's why he need to play when he gets healthy. If Fitz gets better production from the offense and it tanks again when TE comes back for a few weeks that is much better evidence that TE is failing than our last couple wins against bad teams.

2 good weeks and 3 bad weeks.

And that is not counting how he finished last season.

Typ0
10-27-2009, 11:14 AM
2 good weeks and 3 bad weeks.

And that is not counting how he finished last season.

but the question is he trending with the offense as a whole or is he causing the trend? That's the one you can't just look at 2 good weeks and 3 bad weeks then another guy coming in and say you have some valid evidence to make a conclusion. If the performance from the QB position was all that different maybe you could but it wasn't. Without even looking at the stats I'd say Fitz did a couple things noticibly better that help a lot. But I think we're seeing what we have in him too and am not totally convinced TE is at where he's going to end up at. In my heart, I really think TE is a bum at this point but we've got little to lose by making sure before we abandon him.

HHURRICANE
11-01-2009, 05:10 PM
Fitzpatrick, 41.4 QB rating today. Are we done here?

Dr. Lecter
11-01-2009, 07:28 PM
Not until Trent shows something.

justasportsfan
11-01-2009, 08:09 PM
Fitzpatrick, 41.4 QB rating today. Are we done here?
dumber by the post.

whats was trents qb rating vs. the browns?

HHURRICANE
11-01-2009, 08:13 PM

Trent has been a disappointment for sure. I just think it was pretty stupid to think Fitzpatrick was the answer.

Trent still gives us the best chance to win. That's all I have ever said.

HHURRICANE
11-01-2009, 08:19 PM
Justa has been the biggest Fitzpatrick supporter on this board. I just got a PM from him saying that I'm a jerk for putting him down just like I was about Losman.

justasportsfan
11-01-2009, 08:21 PM
Trent has been a disappointment for sure. I just think it was pretty stupid to think Fitzpatrick was the answer.

Trent still gives us the best chance to win. That's all I have ever said.Who said Fits was the answer?

Justa has been the biggest Fitzpatrick supporter on this board. I just got a PM from him saying that I'm a jerk for putting him down just like I was about Losman.

Liar!!!! You're such a loser that you'll invent crap !!!!

Joe Fo Sho
11-01-2009, 08:35 PM
I want to see Hamdan, just cuz I don't know what he's capable of. I hate Edwards, Fitz sucks too but he's more entertaining. This has to be the one of the worst QB groups in the league. I still never want to see Edwards on the field again.

Kenny
11-01-2009, 08:40 PM
I say we play QB carousel for the rest of the season. Lets bring in some FA vets and UDFAs and see if we can get lucky with one.

Griff
11-02-2009, 02:50 AM

like scoring 2 TDs and no INTs against the Patriots?

Griff
11-02-2009, 02:51 AM
I say we play QB carousel for the rest of the season. Lets bring in some FA vets and UDFAs and see if we can get lucky with one.

As bad as Trent was weeks 3-5, Fitz has been much, much worse.

Typ0
11-02-2009, 06:25 AM
As bad as Trent was weeks 3-5, Fitz has been much, much worse.

that's why he's the backup QB.