View Full Version : What we knew

X-Era
10-25-2009, 04:32 PM
Theres a lot that we knew:

Edwards wouldn't last a whole year without injury- we knew that
Fitz isn't good enough at backup- we knew that
Our DL cant stop the run- we knew that
Ellison is a marginal starter and liability- we knew that
We will have injuries and dont have enough experince in our backups- we knew that
Our OL with all those youngsters would get too many penalties- we knew that
TO would be underused here- we knew that
Jauron wont coach a young team to be more than what they are- we knew that

If we knew all this stuff, why is it the Bills cant see it?

------

I think Jauron is our Boy Scout leader because:

http://images.parkviewscouting.org/webelos.gif

cpearl
10-25-2009, 04:34 PM
Because we keep buying season tickets.

X-Era
10-25-2009, 04:35 PM
Because we keep buying season tickets.

So true, if you can fill the stands without spending money, you win.

Stop filling the stands and when Ralph's pocket takes a hit, he might finally wake up.

BertSquirtgum
10-25-2009, 05:58 PM
i know the bills are 3-4

TheBrownBear
10-25-2009, 06:14 PM
How isn't Fitz a good enough backup? Our starter = 1-4. Fitz = 2-0.

topher180
10-25-2009, 06:16 PM
i know the bills are 3-4

Gee, that's something to be proud of.

BertSquirtgum
10-25-2009, 06:40 PM
3-4 is a hell of a lot better than 1-6

Nighthawk
10-25-2009, 06:46 PM
Because some fans get excited about wins like this and it takes the heat off the FO.

BillsOwnAll
10-25-2009, 07:20 PM
Because some fans get excited about wins like this and it takes the heat off the FO.
Sorry we dont get mad when we win like you. Gotta enjoy them. try it sometime!

Nighthawk
10-25-2009, 07:22 PM
Sorry we dont get mad when we win like you. Gotta enjoy them. try it sometime!

Like I've said many times, I just don't get excited for mediocrity.

BillsWin
10-25-2009, 07:22 PM
The sad thing is, with a competent coaching staff/ QB we are 5-2, 4-3 at the worst, with a favorable schedule and the division lead.

Nighthawk
10-25-2009, 07:23 PM
The sad thing is, with a competent coaching staff/ QB we are 5-2, 4-3 at the worst, with a favorable schedule and the division lead.

Exactly my point...THANK YOU!

Crisis
10-25-2009, 07:24 PM
Atleast Miami lost right, win one game and they bring Parcells in.

I'd take a year with one win to get someone like that here, instead of 7-9 for the next decade.

BillsOwnAll
10-25-2009, 07:24 PM
Like I've said many times, I just don't get excited for mediocrity.
Then why do you watch the games if you know your going to get mad and just piss and moan even after a win. Its fans like that that is more emmbarrising then dick jauron to buffalo.

You know your not going to be happy all year yet you visit a bills message board constantly and watch every game. I just dont understand your motive.

Nighthawk
10-25-2009, 07:27 PM
Then why do you watch the games if you know your going to get mad and just piss and moan even after a win. Its fans like that that is more emmbarrising then dick jauron to buffalo.

You know your not going to be happy all year yet you visit a bills message board constantly and watch every game. I just dont understand your motive.

I'm not mad, I just can't understand some fans thinking this team has played well the past 2 games. I'm a huge Bills fan, that's why I come to this site. Because I look at the big picture instead of getting all excited because they were handed a game, doesn't mean I'm not a fan...those comments make you and others seem very childish.

BillsWin
10-25-2009, 07:28 PM

The only way I get excited about the Bills this year is if they make the playoffs. That won't happen. So we will go 7-9 or worse and MAYBE we get a franchise QB/LT in the draft and MAYBE we get a good head coach.

The odds are in our favor with the coach part just because there are a bunch of good candidates available.

Knowing Ralph, they will blow it and the mediocrity will continue.

BillsOwnAll
10-25-2009, 07:32 PM
I'm not mad, I just can't understand some fans thinking this team has played well the past 2 games. I'm a huge Bills fan, that's why I come to this site. Because I look at the big picture instead of getting all excited because they were handed a game, doesn't mean I'm not a fan...those comments make you and others seem very childish.

Well our young talent is playing great. You could say something nice about that. Its makes you and others seem very childish when ALLLLLL you do is piss and moan no matter what and never bring anything to the table but your hatred.

Nighthawk
10-25-2009, 07:32 PM
The only way I get excited about the Bills this year is if they make the playoffs. That won't happen. So we will go 7-9 or worse and MAYBE we get a franchise QB/LT in the draft and MAYBE we get a good head coach.

The odds are in our favor with the coach part just because there are a bunch of good candidates available.

That is my biggest fear...enough of these gift wrapped wins and Ralphy will start to think that Dickey is the right man for the job.

Nighthawk
10-25-2009, 07:34 PM
Well our young talent is playing great. You could say something nice about that. Its makes you and others seem very childish when ALLLLLL you do is piss and moan no matter what and never bring anything to the table but your hatred.

Umm, I believe I do say "nice" things about certain players on this team...in fact, I can't praise Byrd enough. Like I said, I see the big picture and right now, it's not pretty.

X-Era

Might want to check this link out:

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=181852

BillsWin
That is my biggest fear...enough of these gift wrapped wins and Ralphy will start to think that Dickey is the right man for the job.

That is where alcohol comes in my friend. Let us drown ourselves in it and try not to think about this... :drunks:

Nighthawk
10-25-2009, 07:36 PM
That is where alcohol comes in my friend. Let us drown ourselves in it and try not to think about this... :drunks:

So true...so true!

nateodoms'bff
10-25-2009, 08:08 PM

actually, if it wasnt for two bonehead plays on special teams, this team is 5-2. coaching has nothing to do with it.

Had they been better prepared for the Miami game, and could stop the run, maybe they are 6-1.

This is just getting absurd. its like you guys dont actually watch the games, you just come on here and blame the front office and want a new coach.

the reality is this: the bills are not bad. but they're not good either. they are middle of the road. young players with a lot of upside and no veteran leadership at the right positions.

nateodoms'bff
10-25-2009, 08:10 PM

how was this a gift wrapped win?

when the defense creates turn overs, its a gimme from the other team.

everyone here complains about the lack of a play making safety. now the bills have one, and its the opposing team that GIVES the game away, not the Bills defense controlling the game.

this is just absurd.

Nighthawk
10-25-2009, 08:21 PM
actually, if it wasnt for two bonehead plays on special teams, this team is 5-2. coaching has nothing to do with it.

Had they been better prepared for the Miami game, and could stop the run, maybe they are 6-1.

This is just getting absurd. its like you guys dont actually watch the games, you just come on here and blame the front office and want a new coach.

the reality is this: the bills are not bad. but they're not good either. they are middle of the road. young players with a lot of upside and no veteran leadership at the right positions.

:roflmao:

Nighthawk
10-25-2009, 08:22 PM
how was this a gift wrapped win?

when the defense creates turn overs, its a gimme from the other team.

everyone here complains about the lack of a play making safety. now the bills have one, and its the opposing team that GIVES the game away, not the Bills defense controlling the game.

this is just absurd.

:roflmao:

BertSquirtgum
10-25-2009, 08:38 PM
i still hate dick jauron. i just like to see my football team win. if you don't you're an ***hole and can go to hell. i don't care how ugly they may be. it a ****ing win, i'll take it. i don't care if the bills win every game, i would still want jauron fired.

Nighthawk
10-25-2009, 08:38 PM
i still hate dick jauron. i just like to see my football team win. if you don't you're an ******* and can go to hell.

Yeah...ok.

BillsWin
10-25-2009, 08:47 PM
I want the Bills to win every game too. But they won't.

BertSquirtgum
10-25-2009, 08:51 PM
so you like to watch the bills lose? your life must be full of joy

BillsWin
10-25-2009, 08:53 PM

Where in that statement did I say I like to watch them lose. In fact I believe I alluded to enjoying watching them win.

Nighthawk
10-25-2009, 08:53 PM

Ha, ha...another person who does not get it. :roflmao:

BertSquirtgum
10-25-2009, 08:55 PM
Where in that statement did I say I like to watch them lose. In fact I believe I alluded to enjoying watching them win.

that was not directed towards you

BertSquirtgum
10-25-2009, 08:56 PM
i do get it. the management in this organization blows but if you hate them so much that you want the bills to lose then **** you. why are you a fan at all?

Nighthawk
10-25-2009, 09:00 PM
i do get it. this organization blows but if you hate them so much that you want the bills to lose then **** you. why are you a fan at all?

You know what? You are the person who last season blew their wad because this team beat Denver and thought it was a good thing. Well, what did that get you? Oh yeah, another year of Dickey and mediocrity. And then what did you do? Oh yeah, you started to ***** about how bad the Bills organization is and how you want change. Well, you're not getting change if this team plays mediocre football and goes 7-9 or 8-8. Say what you want, but unless this team is going to make the playoffs and contend for the SB, then I would rather see them clean house after a brutal season. I'm waiting for the time when this team is really competitive again and is a contender again. Until then, I'll keep rooting for change.

airdog32
10-25-2009, 09:02 PM
Night hawk you still would'nt be happy even 7-0 just keep stayin positive!
Hell is soon to freeze over!!!!!!!!

BertSquirtgum
10-25-2009, 09:03 PM
nope, i wanted jauron fired for two years now. him being here is the reason i didn't get season tickets this year.

Nighthawk
10-25-2009, 09:04 PM
nope, i wanted jauron fired for two years now. him being here is the reason i didn't get season tickets this year.

Then you know why I feel the way I do.

Nighthawk
10-25-2009, 09:05 PM
Night hawk you still would'nt be happy even 7-0 just keep stayin positive!
Hell is soon to freeze over!!!!!!!!

Hey, somebody has to have a clue...it's obviously not you.

Crisis
10-25-2009, 09:07 PM
The fact that this is 'good enough' for some people is ridiculous.

A DECADE WITH NO PLAYOFFS AND WE'RE DEFENDING THE TEAM FOR BEING BELOW AVERAGE.

HELLLOOOOOO? IS THIS THING ON?

Nighthawk
10-25-2009, 09:08 PM
The fact that this is 'good enough' for some people is ridiculous.

A DECADE WITH NO PLAYOFFS AND WE'RE DEFENDING THE TEAM FOR BEING BELOW AVERAGE.

HELLLOOOOOO? IS THIS THING ON?

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Crisis
10-25-2009, 09:09 PM
We've played teams led by Derek Anderson, Mark Sanchez, and Jake Delhomme the past 3 weeks. Lets put things in perspective.

Nighthawk
10-25-2009, 09:10 PM
We've played teams led by Derek Anderson, Mark Sanchez, and Jake Delhomme the past 3 weeks. Lets put things in perspective.

Why do that? Let's just act like we've turned the corner and we're headed in the right direction! Ignorance is bliss!

BillsWin
10-25-2009, 09:12 PM
Crisis just posted the truth. embrace it people. The truth empowers!

Nighthawk
10-25-2009, 09:14 PM
Crisis just posted the truth. embrace it people. The truth empowers!

Liar, liar! A win is a win!

BertSquirtgum
10-25-2009, 09:17 PM
you guys are hilarious

justasportsfan
10-25-2009, 09:21 PM

coaching has a lot to do with why our offense has sucked all these years. our head coach is nothing more than DC

Mahdi
10-25-2009, 09:33 PM
A win is a win... We beat the Jets... the Jets beat the Pats and the Texans... in the NFL a win counts no matter who you play on any given Sunday.

Every NFL analyst picked the Bills to lose that last 2 weeks and we won. That counts for something.

Crisis
10-25-2009, 09:43 PM
A win is a win... We beat the Jets... the Jets beat the Pats and the Texans... in the NFL a win counts no matter who you play on any given Sunday.

Every NFL analyst picked the Bills to lose that last 2 weeks and we won. That counts for something.

It's the same thing every year.

The Any Given Sunday line doesn't work when you fail to make the playoffs for going on 10 years. Who will care that we won 2 games we weren't supposed to when our season ends in week 14 again?

Crisis
10-25-2009, 09:50 PM
Seriously, the majority of this fanbase has a LOSER mentality. It's sickening to see people so eager to defend a team that hasn't won a playoff game in how long? and been to a playoff game in how long?

Nighthawk
10-25-2009, 09:53 PM
Seriously, the majority of this fanbase has a LOSER mentality. It's sickening to see people so eager to defend a team that hasn't won a playoff game in how long? and been to a playoff game in how long?

There are few on this site that just don't see it. They actually believe the Bills played well today, which is amusing.

Typ0
10-25-2009, 10:31 PM
When the only time you get wins is if the other team plays worse than you do it's not really that much to be excited about. Sure, a win is better than a loss any day but the reality is until you feel your team is playing competitively with teams that show up and play well it's not really that much fun. Can you honestly tell me we are on a "hot win streak" now? Right at the front end of it we couldn't even beat the browns and have been getting the ball handed to us left and right. If the other team doesn't turn the ball over so much the last couple weeks we don't beat them. Unless the team we are playing is bad I can't feel comfortable we will win.

BillsWin
10-25-2009, 11:00 PM
There are few on this site that just don't see it. They actually believe the Bills played well today, which is amusing.

Our defense wasn't awful. But our offense is going nowhere in a hurry. I mean, my God. 39 yards in the first half. WOW. 1.8 yards a rush. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?

Griff
10-25-2009, 11:07 PM
How isn't Fitz a good enough backup? Our starter = 1-4. Fitz = 2-0.

rofl our take away differential +9. Sorry but if you average 5 takeaways in 2 games, you can safely say, you won that game.