PDA

View Full Version : Bradford to enter the draft!!!

X-Era
10-25-2009, 07:29 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4593917

Edited, no need for over exuberance, hes still hurt.

hydro
10-25-2009, 08:00 PM
I wouldn't be right on the bandwagon yet. Would like to see how he recovers from surgery first.

X-Era
10-25-2009, 08:03 PM
I wouldn't be right on the bandwagon yet. Would like to see how he recovers from surgery first.

Absolutely.

He has to get the surgery, recover, and then show he can throw without any ill effects.

That said, its nice to have another possibility in the mix when draft day comes.

DraftBoy
10-25-2009, 08:07 PM
I think its a mistake but I get it.

X-Era
10-25-2009, 08:13 PM

I do as well, but I wonder if it may help a team thats not likely to be in the top 4 to get him cough-Bills-cough.

The thought is that some teams at the top may shy away due to the injury.

Raptor
10-25-2009, 08:14 PM
I think its the right move

He's still a lock first rounder and the fact he might get drafted lower in the first will be a blessing for him because he'll end up on a better team and wont immediately be looked at as the savior

X-Era
10-25-2009, 08:20 PM
Lets hope he doesnt get Parker for an agent.

Nighthawk
10-25-2009, 08:34 PM

His mistake was going back to Oklahoma this year. It looks like he is a bit fragile, so going back for another year might have hurt him even more. At least he's not too far removed from his great season and can just try to sell it as a fluke injury and hope franchises bite. I'm not sure this kid can handle the punishment of the NFL...we will see.

DraftBoy
10-25-2009, 08:41 PM
His mistake was going back to Oklahoma this year. It looks like he is a bit fragile, so going back for another year might have hurt him even more. At least he's not too far removed from his great season and can just try to sell it as a fluke injury and hope franchises bite. I'm not sure this kid can handle the punishment of the NFL...we will see.

I dont think going back was a mistake, I think it was the right decision. He wasn't going to be rated higher than Stafford and Sanchez imo who I think look much better in workouts and have better attributes. He was the top prospect going in this year and the injury is a fluke one, he should come back next year prove he's not fragile and that he is 100% committed to getting better.

Nighthawk
10-25-2009, 08:46 PM
I dont think going back was a mistake, I think it was the right decision. He wasn't going to be rated higher than Stafford and Sanchez imo who I think look much better in workouts and have better attributes. He was the top prospect going in this year and the injury is a fluke one, he should come back next year prove he's not fragile and that he is 100% committed to getting better.

If he were to come back and then get injured, he just blew his shot at the 1st round....early or late first. IMO, he definitely has to come out and have a good workout and hope to stay in the 1st round.

DraftBoy
10-25-2009, 08:50 PM
If he were to come back and then get injured, he just blew his shot at the 1st round....early or late first. IMO, he definitely has to come out and have a good workout and hope to stay in the 1st round.

Him declaring now means little unless he hires an agent. Which he would be stupid do right now till he's given a definitive timetable on his return as well as a projection on draft status from the advisory committee.

I dont think him coming back next year can do him much more damage outside of getting hurt. But there are already red flags about that so he can really only prove those wrong.

Nighthawk
10-25-2009, 09:13 PM
Him declaring now means little unless he hires an agent. Which he would be stupid do right now till he's given a definitive timetable on his return as well as a projection on draft status from the advisory committee.

I dont think him coming back next year can do him much more damage outside of getting hurt. But there are already red flags about that so he can really only prove those wrong.

Except if he gets hurt and then he falls out of the 1st and maybe drops to the 3rd or 4th. It could kill him if he comes back and gets hurt. Yes, he probably loses being picked at the top of the draft next year, but there are just too many risks in coming back...he proved that this year.

DraftBoy
10-25-2009, 09:20 PM
Except if he gets hurt and then he falls out of the 1st and maybe drops to the 3rd or 4th. It could kill him if he comes back and gets hurt. Yes, he probably loses being picked at the top of the draft next year, but there are just too many risks in coming back...he proved that this year.

If he is not able to work out before the draft then he is out of the 1st Round anyways. Like I said right now it means little, still too much to decide, he more or less said he was entering to stop the questions and not be a distraction.

Nighthawk
10-25-2009, 09:55 PM
If he is not able to work out before the draft then he is out of the 1st Round anyways. Like I said right now it means little, still too much to decide, he more or less said he was entering to stop the questions and not be a distraction.

And we know this isn't true...he's doing it to get paid and not fall even farther down the board.

DMBcrew36
10-26-2009, 10:16 AM
No thanks. I don't want a guy who is made of glass. I don't want to spend a top 1st round pick and waste 3 more years on a guy who is going to live on the IR.