PDA

View Full Version : To everyone who defended Whitner by blaming "the system"....

OpIv37
10-25-2009, 09:34 PM
In 6 career games, Jairus Byrd has more INT's (5 to 3), more multi-INT games (2 to 0) and more big hits than Whitner has in 3+ SEASONS.

So, please explain how the "system" held Whitner back from making big plays, but Byrd can come in and make an instant impact playing the same position in the same system.

Joe Fo Sho
10-25-2009, 09:38 PM
I was excited about Whitner because of where we drafted him, I'll admit it. I was going to buy a Whitner jersey as soon as I thought he deserved it, I still don't have a Whitner jersey. I'm going to buy a Byrd one though...

Oaf
10-25-2009, 09:40 PM
Whitner has played well at FS this season. I believe he had a different role on the defense in previous years although I might be mistaken.

OpIv37
I want to buy a Byrd jersey so bad, but here is a list of jerseys I've had since 2002:

Bledsoe
McGahee
Spikes
Evans

I'm afraid I'll curse him and ruin his career, or at least ensure that he won't be in Buffalo much longer.

casdhf
Without trying to defend Whitner, Byrd is a natural center fielder ball hawk. Whitner has had his best season, prior to injury, by playing up near the LOS. He never should have been asked to play CF.

Nighthawk
10-25-2009, 09:42 PM
I want to buy a Byrd jersey so bad, but here is a list of jerseys I've had since 2002:

Bledsoe
McGahee
Spikes
Evans

I'm afraid I'll curse him and ruin his career, or at least ensure that he won't be in Buffalo much longer.

Don't do it! You'll kill his career!

Crisis
10-25-2009, 09:44 PM

Bledsoe
McGahee
Spikes
Evans

Flutie
Henry
McGahee

and i got an LT jersey as a gift right when he started to get hurt too...lol

cocamide
10-25-2009, 09:45 PM

Bledsoe
McGahee
Spikes
Evans

At least we know who to blame now!