PDA

View Full Version : Andre Johnson is questionable for Sunday.

BillsWin
10-25-2009, 10:49 PM
Got taken to the hospital for a chest injury. May not play Sunday. Good news for the Bills.

clumping platelets
10-25-2009, 10:54 PM
Not good news for my fantasy team :mad:

BillsWin
10-25-2009, 10:59 PM
Not good news for my fantasy team :mad:

haha that sucks.

clumping platelets
10-25-2009, 11:19 PM
:negrep:

yordad
10-25-2009, 11:23 PM
Not good news for my fantasy team :mad:Which one is more important?

casdhf
10-25-2009, 11:24 PM
It doesnt matter, they still have RBs on the roster.

yordad
10-25-2009, 11:25 PM
It doesnt matter, they still have RBs on the roster.I know that was a knock on the Bills run D, but missing Johnson would be a huge blow to them.

Griff
10-25-2009, 11:34 PM

doesn't matter much if we force 4 or more turnovers again.

Mahdi
10-26-2009, 09:44 AM
So did the Jets and Panthers.

Ickybaluky
10-26-2009, 09:59 AM
Status updated today (http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/6685714.html):

Receiver Andre Johnson left Sunday’s 24-21 victory over the San Francisco 49ers with a chest injury but should be ready to play in the next game at Buffalo.
Johnson, who was injured in the fourth quarter, was taken to a hospital for X-rays before returning to Reliant Stadium to shower and dress after the Texans’ second consecutive victory.

Night Train
10-26-2009, 09:59 AM
Still, QB Matt Schaub, TE Owen Daniels and Steve Slaton are playing great ball.

We all know how well we cover good TE's :down:

Ickybaluky
10-26-2009, 10:19 AM
Still, QB Matt Schaub, TE Owen Daniels and Steve Slaton are playing great ball.

We all know how well we cover good TE's :down:

Slaton is only averaging 3.1 YPC, and they have struggled to run the ball effectively. Slaton has done a lot of damage in the passing game, though.

The Bills defense actually would appear to match up pretty well against Houston. The Texans throw the ball real well but aren't as good running it, while the Bills struggle to stop the run, but do a good job against the pass. Strength against strength. Weather might be a factor, with a dome team playing outside.

This will be a very good test of the Bills pass defense. They have been very impressive at forcing QBs into mistakes, but Schaub is a better QB than what they have faced recently. Still, playing at home they should be up for the task.

More than anything, the Bills need to get the running game going. They aren't good enough throwing the ball to rely on it, but they have the backs to carry the football. They need to get Lynch going, and need Jackson to get back to his early-season form.

BillsWin
10-26-2009, 11:41 AM
Basically the only way the Bills win is with excellent defensive game planning/ take aways and a surprising performance from our offense. Which has been hapless since the Tampa Bay game finished.

One can only hope two weeks with first team reps will help Fitz make this game one of the best of his career. He may need to throw a few touchdowns. He most certainly will need to lead a few scoring drives.

I am prediciting a Byrd pick. It seems to be a safe bet to make. And I am also predicting that the Bills will try and air it out early and often. The deep ball to Evans last week was on the money and big plays are what's going to win us this game.

However it will probably come down to who got their running game going. Maybe Lynch gets the rock 20+ times this game.

yordad
10-26-2009, 02:03 PM
Ah, don't sweat it guys. The Texans run a 4-3!!

thenry20
10-26-2009, 05:31 PM
I think it's hilarious to mention "questionables" this early in the week.

mybills
10-26-2009, 05:38 PM
If our line opens up some friggin holes for once, we should be ok. That's a big if.

TheBrownBear
10-26-2009, 05:50 PM
Ah, don't sweat it guys. The Texans run a 4-3!!

Somebody clear Trent's cobwebs!

Forward_Lateral
10-26-2009, 07:56 PM
They said on Monday Night Countdown that he has a lung contusion. I'm no doctor, but that doesn't sound good, at all.

Mr. Miyagi
10-26-2009, 08:39 PM
The chest injury that sent Texans receiver Andre Johnson to the hospital (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/10/25/chest-injury-sends-andre-johnson-to-hospital/) didn't break any of his ribs.

Instead, it bypassed the bones and went straight to one of the organs they protect.

Coach Gary Kubiak said Monday that Johnson has a lung contusion.

He's regarded as day-to-day, and Kubiak wouldn't commit to Johnson being available for the team's next game.

"Hopefully, he'll be ready to go against Buffalo (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=1575&sn=t)," Kubiak said.

In Buffalo, the 4-3 Texans will face the 3-4 Bills, with both teams having legitimate hopes for a wild-card playoff berth.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/10/26/andre-johnson-has-a-lung-contusion/

Nighthawk
10-26-2009, 09:05 PM
I hope he can play...he's a hell of WR.