PDA

View Full Version : 6 years...

BILLSROCK1212
10-25-2009, 11:32 PM
Watching local news they are saying how Yankee fans have been waiting 6 years to make the World Series like it is a long time...

need I say more??

psubills62
10-25-2009, 11:51 PM
Watching local news they are saying how Yankee fans have been waiting 6 years to make the World Series like it is a long tim...

need I say more??

If we bought whatever FA we wanted, it would be a long time for us too.

Oaf
10-26-2009, 01:42 AM
And if we took any FA that wanted to play of us, it would be even longer.

BertSquirtgum
10-26-2009, 02:51 AM
i don't understand the hate for the yankees. everyone that i have argued with just tell me that they hate them because they buy their team. yet, every last one of the couldn't tell me that they wouldn't do the same if they were in steinbrenners' position. all the hate is unfounded and stupid.

cocamide
10-26-2009, 09:59 AM
i don't understand the hate for the yankees. everyone that i have argued with just tell me that they hate them because they buy their team. yet, every last one of the couldn't tell me that they wouldn't do the same if they were in steinbrenners' position. all the hate is unfounded and stupid.

I can respect a guy that does everything to put together a great team. What I can't respect is their front-running, soulless fans.

Philagape
10-26-2009, 10:16 AM

The problem isn't him, the problem is a system that allows him to do it.
The Yankees are one of the reasons why MLB is a tainted, illegitimate fraud and one of the reasons why I don't follow baseball.

How would Bills/Yankees fans like it if, in next year's uncapped season, the Patriots bought the top five FAs available? They'd better like it, or else they're hypocrites.

Jeff1220
10-26-2009, 12:02 PM
I can respect a guy that does everything to put together a great team. What I can't respect is their front-running, soulless fans.

Every team that has had any measure of success has front-running fans. I'm sure there are even Bills fans that became fans in the early 90s because the team was good. In any case, front-runners are not the majority, but a very noticeable minority. It comes along with winning, but most Yankee fans I know (my whole family included) are born and bred NY baseball fans who just grow up loving the Yanks.

RW could learn a thing or two from the Steinbrenners - if you spend the money to put a quality product on the field, you're going to have a successful team and a successful business.

cocamide
10-26-2009, 12:51 PM
Every team that has had any measure of success has front-running fans. I'm sure there are even Bills fans that became fans in the early 90s because the team was good. In any case, front-runners are not the majority, but a very noticeable minority. It comes along with winning, but most Yankee fans I know (my whole family included) are born and bred NY baseball fans who just grow up loving the Yanks.

RW could learn a thing or two from the Steinbrenners - if you spend the money to put a quality product on the field, you're going to have a successful team and a successful business.

I realize that there are real Yankees fans out there, and I'm not doubting your dedication to the team. However, I have to disagree with your statement that most Yankee fans are true fans. I root for the Rays and Magic, but I realize that I'm being a bit of a front-runner. I doubt that I'd pay too much attention to them if they were horrible or if I moved out of Orlando. Yet, I enjoy rooting for them and watching their games while I'm here. It's fair for me to call myself a front-runner for these teams, because I know what it is to be a true fan of a team. I follow the Bills every day throughout the offseason, and stick with the team when they suck. I doubt most Yankees fans would do the same thing if they were crappy for a whole decade.

DynaPaul
10-26-2009, 01:57 PM
The Yankees have a first rate front office that will bring in any player possible to win now. They expect to go to the World Series every year so after 6 years of not being in it the fans consider it a long time. Consider that compared to the Bills. We have an inept front office and our expectations every year are to hope that we can squeak into the playoffs as a wild card or something. Pretty sad huh?

Philagape
10-26-2009, 02:05 PM
The Yankees have Steinbrenner and no cap.
The Bills have Ralph Wilson.

Apples and turds.

Jeff1220
10-26-2009, 03:57 PM
I realize that there are real Yankees fans out there, and I'm not doubting your dedication to the team. However, I have to disagree with your statement that most Yankee fans are true fans. I root for the Rays and Magic, but I realize that I'm being a bit of a front-runner. I doubt that I'd pay too much attention to them if they were horrible or if I moved out of Orlando. Yet, I enjoy rooting for them and watching their games while I'm here. It's fair for me to call myself a front-runner for these teams, because I know what it is to be a true fan of a team. I follow the Bills every day throughout the offseason, and stick with the team when they suck. I doubt most Yankees fans would do the same thing if they were crappy for a whole decade.

If that were true, there would be no fans of crappy teams. A fan is a fan for the most part.
I can tell you from living here for the past 9 years, there are still plenty of Orioles fans, and they stink. I'm sure most NYY fans would be loyal just as much as Bills and O's fans have been loyal through their down years (among other teams).

BertSquirtgum
10-26-2009, 07:09 PM
i've been a yankees fan since i knew what baseball was. i love them and will never stop. the red sox have been trying to buy championships as of late too. that's always my comeback to my friends that are red sox fans. i first went to fenway this past summer. it was a really cool baseball stadium.

T-Long
10-26-2009, 07:23 PM
waiting since 1979....(hell I wasn't even alive then)

Mr. Miyagi
10-26-2009, 07:30 PM
if you spend the money to put a quality product on the field, you're going to have a successful team and a successful business.
You mean like Dan Synder?

Oldbillsfan
10-26-2009, 07:40 PM
I also love it the years the Yankees paid out the 800M? salaries and didn't win jack squat...lol Reminds me of the Skins.

Joe Fo Sho
10-26-2009, 07:40 PM

The hate isn't entirely unfounded and stupid.

The Yankees ruined the sport of baseball for me, the entire sport. It's baseball's fault, but the Yanks have historically been the team that takes advantage of it, through no fault of their own.

I started to be a Sox fan in College, because they were the Anit-Yankee, and it was fun until they became the exact same as the Yanks. Now I hate them too, f*** em both. I can't root for any Baseball team anymore cuz of the system.

Oldbillsfan
10-26-2009, 07:43 PM
The Twins always get it done with a minimum salary... Just can't beat the Yankees.

Jeff1220
10-26-2009, 08:08 PM
You mean like Dan Synder?

Jim Zorn?

DMBcrew36
10-26-2009, 08:14 PM
Yankees 'fans' are spoiled - what more can one say? Six years is a long time for a franchise that is expected to dominate its sport, typically does dominate its sport, and carries a gigantic payroll to feed those expectations.