X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SeatownBillsFan21
    • Mar 2004

Bills rule out recovering QB Edwards

Bills backup quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick will make his second straight start this weekend while Trent Edwards continues to recover from a concussion.
  • SeatownBillsFan21
    • Mar 2004

Re: Bills rule out recovering QB Edwards

Sounds like Trent will be riding the pine.Although i dont care to much for trent as of late this scares the S**** out of me but we are 2-0 with him back there so lets ride it your thoughts

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
      Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

We need to draft a real QB in the first round. No more game managers, no more projects. We need a sure thing bluechipper high in the first round.

Question to college ball people, who will that be?

Comment

• DraftBoy
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
        We need to draft a real QB in the first round. No more game managers, no more projects. We need a sure thing bluechipper high in the first round.

To answer your question, in my opinion. Nobody in this draft class is close to a sure thing blue chipper.
        COMING SOON...
        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• BillsWin
          man amongst boys
          • Oct 2008

Sam Bradford may slip to 9 or 10 where we will likely be picking. I would take him, and grab a good left tackle in the early 2nd like Davis from Rutgers (6'6'' 325 lbs. Athletic and strong) or even move back up to get one in the bottom of the 1st.

That gets rid of our two big needs.

It would help if we would resign Reed and sign a good free agent LB.

I guess it all depends on the head coach, but I am hoping to see Bradford on the board when we pick. I am disgusted with Edwards right now and I think the Bills are getting there. Tim Graham is reporting that the Bills are "side stepping" the question whether or not Edwards will start when he comes back.
          I am The Batman.

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi

Only if it is so easy to solve your QB issues by simply spending a 1st round pick on it ...

Comment

• casdhf
              • Jul 2002

It worked so well for us last time though
              Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
              cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Nighthawk
                Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                To answer your question, in my opinion. Nobody in this draft class is close to a sure thing blue chipper.
                Nobody knows if a kid will be a "blue chipper" until he actually plays in the NFL. We've got to wait and watch how the entire season plays out. Flacco is a great example of how somebody shot out of nowhere and now is a good NFL QB. Same thing for Cutler. What I'm saying is that we really have to wait until after the season and get a the entire picture before saying there aren't any QBs who may be blue chippers.

Comment

• TheBrownBear
                  • Dec 2004

Since there's no sure things, I'd draft Locker since he has the most upside. The downside is that he's nowhere near ready to step in and play from day one. We'd have to watch him go through a lot of growing pains for 2-3 years, and by then the fanbase might (ok, who am I kidding - will) be running him out of town.
                  Last edited by TheBrownBear; 10-26-2009, 12:28 PM.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                    Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TheBrownBear
                    Since there's no sure things, I'd draft Locker since he has the most upside. The downside is that he's nowhere near ready to step in and play from day one. We'd have to watch him go through a lot of growing pains for 2-3 years, and by then the fanbase might (ok, who am I kidding - will) be running him out of town.
                    I don't mind having him sit...IF...he is the right guy, with the right attitude to succeed in Buffalo.

Comment

• EDS
                      • Jan 2003

I guess you can't argue with the decision in the short term but in the long term I see this as abad move. This guarantees that the team will need to find a starting caliber QB in the off-season.

Since the draft class looks less then stellar, what free agent options are out there?

Is David Carr the best the team can do?

Comment

• TheBrownBear
                        • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Nighthawk
                        I don't mind having him sit...IF...he is the right guy, with the right attitude to succeed in Buffalo.
                        Well, like you said in an earlier post, there's no way to tell if a guy really is the "right guy" until he gets on the field. You study these guys (physical attributes, current skills, mental makeup, intangibles, etc.), make your pick and then it's a crapshoot from there.

I like Locker because all of the physical tools are there (to put it in perspective - athletically he's a step up from Losman, especially as a runner), and he shows a ton of intangibles (i.e., the "IT" factor, makes things happen, etc.). He must improve his accuracy, but I really like him for his intangibles as I just mentioned. I think he compares favorably to a guy like McNabb coming out of college, as opposed to being the next J. Russell, Losman or Akili Smith.
                        Last edited by TheBrownBear; 10-26-2009, 12:42 PM.

Comment

I would draft Bruce Campbell, LT, Maryland in R1 and Pat Devlin QB, Delware in R2.

A stellar QB is worth nothing if we cannot keep him upright. The likes of Henne and Kolb have been taken in R2 and don't have the added pressure of being a first round selection. The earlier a QB goes the more he seems lined up to fail.

Does Davis have the feet or pass protection ability to be a starting LT in the NFL?

Comment

• Ingtar33
                            Dances With Buffaloes
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by BillsWin
                            Sam Bradford may slip to 9 or 10 where we will likely be picking. I would take him, and grab a good left tackle in the early 2nd like Davis from Rutgers (6'6'' 325 lbs. Athletic and strong) or even move back up to get one in the bottom of the 1st.

That gets rid of our two big needs.

It would help if we would resign Reed and sign a good free agent LB.

I guess it all depends on the head coach, but I am hoping to see Bradford on the board when we pick. I am disgusted with Edwards right now and I think the Bills are getting there. Tim Graham is reporting that the Bills are "side stepping" the question whether or not Edwards will start when he comes back.

depends what we do the rest of the year. as it stands with 3 wins we'd be drafting in the mid teens.

yes... there are that many TERRIBLE football teams this year.

if we lose out we'll probably pick in the top 10... but if we end up with 5 wins, i could see us picking between 10-15.

But i'll have to say there are no "cant miss" blue chip QBs this year. Not one of them is in the class of past blue chippers like Matt Ryan or Ben Rothlesburger.

so even if we get a high position in the draft we'll be taking a flier on a project or a prospect with at best a 30% chance of success if we take a QB.
                            Last edited by Ingtar33; 10-26-2009, 01:02 PM.
                            My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• doomsdayvirus
                              decade of fail
                              • Oct 2005

i'd have no problems letting fitzpatrick ride out the rest of the season. the edwards project has failed. at least fitzpatrick has the balls to throw downfield.

however, he's not a long term solution. we're going to have to draft someone, but remember that's not a foolproof plan either. look at leinart, quinn, losman, vince young, etc.

but it would help if we drafted somebody who wasn't from california for a change.
                              d00Mz

http://www.DecadeOfFail.com

FAIL SALE!!!: ALL T-Shirts, any size, now only $6.99!!

Comment

Working...
                              X