• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamze132
    Don’t hate…
    • Jun 2003

Wood and Levitre

So they have roughly half and NFL season under their belts. What do you guys think about how they have played thus far and what do you think about their futures in the NFL?
  • Nighthawk
    Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
    • Jul 2002

Re: Wood and Levitre

I truly think Wood is going to be a stud...he just needs more experience. Levitre has played OK and I think he'll be good also. It's the tackle spots that are hurting this team.

Comment

• TheBrownBear
      • Dec 2004

I like them. I think they'll be, at worst, solid NFL starters. Like Nighthawk said, Wood has Pro Bowl potential down the line. I have a feeling this line will start to look better and better now that we've ditched the no-huddle. The penalties are what was killing this unit - the no-huddle was just too much to process with all of the inexperience that was on the field.

Comment

• BuffaloBlitz83
        We play to win the game!
        • Oct 2009

Bell Stinks.

Comment

• Ingtar33
          Dances With Buffaloes
          • Sep 2002

Wood has been one of the best players on the line (I'd say he has been the best... which is sad when you consider he's a rookie)... Levitre has been the 3rd best player on the line. Not great. Not horrible. He's been blown up a few times by DTs, and taken dumb penalties, but so has Hangartner, there isn't much difference right now between the two.

the tackles have been horrible.
          My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• bigbub2352
            • Feb 2005

Levitre needs to get bigger, but shows everything you want to see in a starting caliber Guard and as for Wood we hit a gold mine with him he is going to be excellent for us,
            the interior is doing there jobs the tackles are awful
            XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• ddaryl
              Everything I post is sexual inuendo
              • Jan 2005

Levitre looked horrible yesterday on that Safety.... but all of our rookies need a full year in a strength and conditioning program ...

Meredith also got bull rushed yesterday and Bell will probably make a solid backup

Hangartner hasn't impressed me much.. WE still need a stud C.. Maybe Wood will be moved there next year, and we can move Butler back to RG and keep Meredith at RT

the OL still needs some upgrades and should remain a priority for the Bills this offseason as well as LB

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                • Jul 2002

We get NO push off the ball. As many have eluded a year in the weight room can help. I do want the position addressed early in the draft though. After QB.

Comment

• Ingtar33
                  Dances With Buffaloes
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by ddaryl
                  Levitre looked horrible yesterday on that Safety.... but all of our rookies need a full year in a strength and conditioning program ...

he wasn't the only one who got blown up on that safety. Derrick Fine was at the BOTTOM of the pile in the endzone. His guy is who forced Jackson to cut inside into Levitre's man ending the play.

I don't know why Fine is on the field anymore. They say its because he's a good blocker... but that safety wasn't the only time he was 5 yards in the backfield getting blown up in run blocking.
                  My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                    Defies all logic
                    • Oct 2006

Our interior is set, DON'T CAN one of our tackles and move one of these guys outside. Our interior is fine, leave it alone FO.

Comment

• BuffaloBlitz83
                      We play to win the game!
                      • Oct 2009

it is simple

Sign an Elite LT
                      Draft QB in 1st Rd

or

Draft Best LT avail Rd 1
                      Draft QB in Rd 2 or Move up in 20's to grab QB

Comment

• casdhf
                        • Jul 2002

How often to elite LTs switch teams?
                        Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                        cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Ed
                          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Ingtar33
                          Wood has been one of the best players on the line (I'd say he has been the best... which is sad when you consider he's a rookie)... Levitre has been the 3rd best player on the line. Not great. Not horrible. He's been blown up a few times by DTs, and taken dumb penalties, but so has Hangartner, there isn't much difference right now between the two.

the tackles have been horrible.
                          So what do you think of Bell's future at LT? He seemed to make a lot of progress this past offseason and still has some potential, but do you see him being the answer for us at either OT postion in the future?

Comment

• Ingtar33
                            Dances With Buffaloes
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Ed
                            So what do you think of Bell's future at LT? He seemed to make a lot of progress this past offseason and still has some potential, but do you see him being the answer for us at either OT postion in the future?

I don't know. I thought he needed at east one more year on the bench before seeing the field... however, this year has prevented him from getting it.

He hasn't been terrible in run blocking... but pass blocking he's been a turnstile. I think Meredith has been an upgrade over Butler, great find there... So RT has improved greatly the last two weeks.

I think Bell could be good, but i don't think we can afford to wait for him.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                              Defies all logic
                              • Oct 2006

Meredith is a kid I wanted us to draft, but better than Butler?? Not sure about that comment.

Comment

Working...
                              X