• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BuffaloBlitz83
    We play to win the game!
    • Oct 2009

Bell is not the Answer.

I have seen absolutely nothing from this guy that makes me feel confident about his potential. Everytime I hear False start, I yell NUMBER 777 before they announce it, and I'm right 90% of time!

Meredith for example, I have far more confidence in and he hasn't even been on team for 3 weeks!

Buffalo better not put all there faith on bell and skip drafting or signing a top LT. You can't screw over our next QB w/o a LT. Bell stinks. I'm tired of hearing, he is young, he is hard working. Everyone on our line is young and inexperienced but they do a decent job compared to this guy.

BELL BETTER BE A ROTATING TACKLE. They better get a legit LT.
  • TheBrownBear
    • Dec 2004

Re: Bell is not the Answer.

I think he has potential but they've asked way too much of him given his lack of experience. I don't think Bell is the "answer" either, but with time he can be a piece of the puzzle.

Comment

Bruce Campbell, Maryland R1'2010

Has great starting ability and more upside than any other player in the draft at LT

Comment

• BillsFanInNM
        • Aug 2006

Originally posted by kernowboy
        Bruce Campbell, Maryland R1'2010

Has great starting ability and more upside than any other player in the draft at LT

plus u gotta love his movies....Army of Darkness was the bomb! lol

Comment

• BuffaloBlitz83
          We play to win the game!
          • Oct 2009

I like what I've read about Anthony Davis of Rutgers. I like the Rutger program improvement.

Comment

• bigbub2352
            • Feb 2005

Bell is a victim he wasnt ready to play starting LT in the NFL the coaching staff rushed his development and he does show loads of potential, he needs to get stronger and smarter which will come with experiance
            Boys and Girls we need to concentrate on one positon for the offseason and that is QB
            XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloBlitz83
              I like what I've read about Anthony Davis of Rutgers. I like the Rutger program improvement.
              I've read that Davis is a RT only so unless we are planning to draft a leftie - lacks the feet and pass protection. The same has been said of Trent Williams.

If we are looking at a R1 LT for our QB then we are looking at

Russell Okung, Oklahoma
              Bruce Campbell*, Maryland
              Bryan Bulaga*, Iowa
              Charles Brown, USC

and if we are considering R2 then

Jason Fox, Miami
              Gabe Carimi*, Wisconsin
              Sam Young, Notre Dame

(* junior)

For me the drop off at LTis greater than QB and we can still find a starter on Saturday

Comment

• yordad
                • Dec 2007

I'm with Bub. It isn't Bell's fault he was thrown in as a starter at LT before he was ready. But, lets not go through the growing pains only to dump him and start again. By next year he will be much improved, I am sure.

Either way though, we need depth on the o-line so I wouldn't mind getting a solid tackle.... but QB is first, IMO.
                Last edited by yordad; 10-26-2009, 01:10 PM.
                "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• ddaryl
                  Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                  • Jan 2005

Originally posted by yordad
                  I'm with Bub. It isn't Bell was thrown in as a starter at LT before he was ready. But, lets not go through the growing pains only to dump him and start again. By next year he will be much improved, I am sure.

If we have an opportunity to take a stud LT in next years draft we should, and then they can fight it out in camp

Bells experience will make him a great back up but if we can find someone who has more upside then we need to take that pick IMO... There may be a special LT that falls to us that can start right away and be better then Bell. Our OL is still a work in progress and we need to make it better. Much better IMO

Comment

Originally posted by yordad
                    I'm with Bub. It isn't Bell's fault he was thrown in as a starter at LT before he was ready. But, lets not go through the growing pains only to dump him and start again. By next year he will be much improved, I am sure.

Either way though, we need depth on the o-line so I wouldn't mind getting a solid tackle.... but QB is first, IMO.
                    I think QB is much closer than LT.

Outside of the Clausen, Bradford and Locker troika, you then have guys like Ryan Mallett, Jevan Snead, Tony Pike, Zac Robinson and PatDevlin, all of whom could start from Day1 be available in R2.

Teams currently seem to overpay at LT whilst QB tends to slide

I'd rather have an elite LT bodyguarding a talented QB than an elite QB running for his life because of a marginal LT
                    Last edited by Guest; 10-26-2009, 01:17 PM.

Comment

• BuffaloBlitz83
                      We play to win the game!
                      • Oct 2009

Originally posted by ddaryl
                      If we have an opportunity to take a stud LT in next years draft we should, and then they can fight it out in camp

Bells experience will make him a great back up but if we can find someone who has more upside then we need to take that pick IMO... There may be a special LT that falls to us that can start right away and be better then Bell. Our OL is still a work in progress and we need to make it better. Much better IMO

Thank you. I am not willing to just stick with Bell hoping he may improve one day. He was never a stud coming out of college. We need a legit stud LT and a top rated young QB

Comment

• Stewie
                        Sarah Palin for President... of my pants!
                        • Aug 2002

Marshawn was able to dance into the end zone yesterday because 77 turned the defensive end sideways and sealed the line with a 5 yard cushion

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.
                        Last edited by Stewie; 10-26-2009, 01:25 PM.
                        Originally posted by Topdog
                        Damn , your're showing you're ignorance!
                        Originally posted by mercyrule
                        I love Weiner.
                        Originally posted by mercyrule
                        also cheese

Comment

• Oaf
                          Do you read what you write?
                          • Jun 2007

This guy will be like Terrance Pennington in 07. Starter one year, flat out cut the next.

Personally, I don't even care about the penalties. The guy just gets beat consistently by just about anyone. That's about all there is to say on the guy!

Comment

• BuffaloBlitz83
                            We play to win the game!
                            • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Oaf
                            This guy will be like Terrance Pennington in 07. Starter one year, flat out cut the next.

Personally, I don't even care about the penalties. The guy just gets beat consistently by just about anyone. That's about all there is to say on the guy!
                            He's a starter cause we have no better options which is saddening. I want to draft the best available LT in RD 1 and grab a QB later in round 1 by moving up.

Comment

• yordad
                              • Dec 2007

Originally posted by ddaryl

Well sure. But, I just think any tackle we get in the second will likely have less upside. We still need depth either way though.
                              "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

Working...
                              X