PDA

View Full Version : Bell is not the Answer.

BuffaloBlitz83
10-26-2009, 12:45 PM
I have seen absolutely nothing from this guy that makes me feel confident about his potential. Everytime I hear False start, I yell NUMBER 777 before they announce it, and I'm right 90% of time!

Meredith for example, I have far more confidence in and he hasn't even been on team for 3 weeks!

Buffalo better not put all there faith on bell and skip drafting or signing a top LT. You can't screw over our next QB w/o a LT. Bell stinks. I'm tired of hearing, he is young, he is hard working. Everyone on our line is young and inexperienced but they do a decent job compared to this guy.

BELL BETTER BE A ROTATING TACKLE. They better get a legit LT.

TheBrownBear
10-26-2009, 12:47 PM
I think he has potential but they've asked way too much of him given his lack of experience. I don't think Bell is the "answer" either, but with time he can be a piece of the puzzle.

kernowboy
10-26-2009, 12:48 PM
Bruce Campbell, Maryland R1'2010

Has great starting ability and more upside than any other player in the draft at LT

BillsFanInNM
10-26-2009, 12:50 PM

Has great starting ability and more upside than any other player in the draft at LT

plus u gotta love his movies....Army of Darkness was the bomb! lol

BuffaloBlitz83
10-26-2009, 12:55 PM
I like what I've read about Anthony Davis of Rutgers. I like the Rutger program improvement.

bigbub2352
10-26-2009, 12:58 PM
Bell is a victim he wasnt ready to play starting LT in the NFL the coaching staff rushed his development and he does show loads of potential, he needs to get stronger and smarter which will come with experiance
Boys and Girls we need to concentrate on one positon for the offseason and that is QB

kernowboy
10-26-2009, 01:04 PM
I like what I've read about Anthony Davis of Rutgers. I like the Rutger program improvement.

I've read that Davis is a RT only so unless we are planning to draft a leftie - lacks the feet and pass protection. The same has been said of Trent Williams.

If we are looking at a R1 LT for our QB then we are looking at

Russell Okung, Oklahoma
Bruce Campbell*, Maryland
Bryan Bulaga*, Iowa
Charles Brown, USC

and if we are considering R2 then

Jason Fox, Miami
Gabe Carimi*, Wisconsin
Sam Young, Notre Dame

(* junior)

For me the drop off at LTis greater than QB and we can still find a starter on Saturday

yordad
10-26-2009, 01:07 PM
I'm with Bub. It isn't Bell's fault he was thrown in as a starter at LT before he was ready. But, lets not go through the growing pains only to dump him and start again. By next year he will be much improved, I am sure.

Either way though, we need depth on the o-line so I wouldn't mind getting a solid tackle.... but QB is first, IMO.

ddaryl
10-26-2009, 01:11 PM
I'm with Bub. It isn't Bell was thrown in as a starter at LT before he was ready. But, lets not go through the growing pains only to dump him and start again. By next year he will be much improved, I am sure.

If we have an opportunity to take a stud LT in next years draft we should, and then they can fight it out in camp

Bells experience will make him a great back up but if we can find someone who has more upside then we need to take that pick IMO... There may be a special LT that falls to us that can start right away and be better then Bell. Our OL is still a work in progress and we need to make it better. Much better IMO

kernowboy
10-26-2009, 01:14 PM
I'm with Bub. It isn't Bell's fault he was thrown in as a starter at LT before he was ready. But, lets not go through the growing pains only to dump him and start again. By next year he will be much improved, I am sure.

Either way though, we need depth on the o-line so I wouldn't mind getting a solid tackle.... but QB is first, IMO.

I think QB is much closer than LT.

Outside of the Clausen, Bradford and Locker troika, you then have guys like Ryan Mallett, Jevan Snead, Tony Pike, Zac Robinson and PatDevlin, all of whom could start from Day1 be available in R2.

Teams currently seem to overpay at LT whilst QB tends to slide

I'd rather have an elite LT bodyguarding a talented QB than an elite QB running for his life because of a marginal LT

BuffaloBlitz83
10-26-2009, 01:15 PM
If we have an opportunity to take a stud LT in next years draft we should, and then they can fight it out in camp

Bells experience will make him a great back up but if we can find someone who has more upside then we need to take that pick IMO... There may be a special LT that falls to us that can start right away and be better then Bell. Our OL is still a work in progress and we need to make it better. Much better IMO

Thank you. I am not willing to just stick with Bell hoping he may improve one day. He was never a stud coming out of college. We need a legit stud LT and a top rated young QB

Stewie
10-26-2009, 01:24 PM
Marshawn was able to dance into the end zone yesterday because 77 turned the defensive end sideways and sealed the line with a 5 yard cushion

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d813b4758/NFL-GameDay-Bills-vs-Panthers-highlights

Oaf
10-26-2009, 01:40 PM
This guy will be like Terrance Pennington in 07. Starter one year, flat out cut the next.

Personally, I don't even care about the penalties. The guy just gets beat consistently by just about anyone. That's about all there is to say on the guy!

BuffaloBlitz83
10-26-2009, 01:54 PM
This guy will be like Terrance Pennington in 07. Starter one year, flat out cut the next.

Personally, I don't even care about the penalties. The guy just gets beat consistently by just about anyone. That's about all there is to say on the guy!

He's a starter cause we have no better options which is saddening. I want to draft the best available LT in RD 1 and grab a QB later in round 1 by moving up.

yordad
10-26-2009, 01:55 PM

Bells experience will make him a great back up but if we can find someone who has more upside then we need to take that pick IMO... There may be a special LT that falls to us that can start right away and be better then Bell. Our OL is still a work in progress and we need to make it better. Much better IMOWell sure. But, I just think any tackle we get in the second will likely have less upside. We still need depth either way though.

BuffaloBlitz83
10-26-2009, 01:57 PM
Well sure. But, I just think any tackle we get in the second will likely have less upside. We still need depth either way though.

We need a LT in round 1 and a QB later in round or in rd 2.

yordad
10-26-2009, 02:00 PM
We need a legit stud LT and a top rated young QBWell yeah. And your plan to get both?
We need a LT in round 1 and a QB later in round or in rd 2.So, the top rated young QB will be available around pick 40? OK, yeah.:up:

DynaPaul
10-26-2009, 02:03 PM
I heard Bell said he aspires to be the next Ruben Brown in Buffalo.

yordad
10-26-2009, 02:05 PM
I heard Bell said he aspires to be the next Ruben Brown in Buffalo.A perennial pro bowler? OK

PECKERWOOD
10-26-2009, 02:08 PM
Marshawn was able to dance into the end zone yesterday because 77 turned the defensive end sideways and sealed the line with a 5 yard cushion

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d813b4758/NFL-GameDay-Bills-vs-Panthers-highlights

Too bad every other play he gives up a stack or forgets the snap count.

trapezeus
10-26-2009, 02:56 PM
i'm all for fortifying the lines first. i really don't know how a QB is supposed to survive this. Fitz won two games, but that's not thanks to his line.

You get a tackle stud in round 1, and then have butler back, this line will have some serious depth. then, if you want take a round 2 flyer on a QB.

I'm getting the sense taht if TO wants to play ball next year, he might just only have the bills at the table. we'll see. If that's the case, we can roll with these receivers one more year.

I just don't know how we are going to win the free agency battle in an uncapped year. i don't know if we can bring in any elite level or helpful free agents with other teams willing to outbid us every step of the way.

BuffaloBlitz83
10-26-2009, 03:05 PM
I wouldn't give Butler the RT job. He has to earn it by winning it over Meredith in camp. Meredith has played well so far and only a rookie starting first 2 games. I was never that sold on Butler. If he earns it sure.

trapezeus
10-26-2009, 04:53 PM
meredith got blown off the ball by peppers a hand ful of times. i realize he's a rookie, but i'm pretty sure butler has him beat competition or no competition.

This line nose dived the second butler left. his experience was valuable.

DraftBoy
10-26-2009, 05:54 PM

Campbell is an intriguing prospect for sure. Benches 490lbs, runs a 4.82 40, and is 6'7, 310.

However he also may be done for the year with an MCL injury. Still no word on the MRI that Ive seen either.

Right now though he is the #3 OT amongst juniors behind Bulaga, and Davis. I think Davis (if he works on his footwork) can be an NFL LT. Id put him in the 15-25 range.

DynaPaul
10-26-2009, 06:23 PM
A perennial pro bowler? OK

No, more like the guy whose number is called anytime there is a false start or holding penalty.

elltrain22
10-26-2009, 06:26 PM
yeah, he's had an absolutely horrible season. He's a project, and he's very, very raw. I'm not giving up on him, b/c he has alot of potential to be great someday. Right now, he's far from it.

NorthCarBills
10-26-2009, 06:44 PM

I'd draft him for his name alone.

Every week it could be Bruce Campbell vs. the Jets, or whoever.

BillsWin
10-26-2009, 06:58 PM
Bell has potential. But is raw, we all knew this. Good thing is that he is getting experience now. Maybe he will be "It" next season or the Bills will draft a LT with their second pick. (I am hoping we go QB in round one.)

ddaryl
10-26-2009, 08:57 PM
Well sure. But, I just think any tackle we get in the second will likely have less upside. We still need depth either way though.

I'm talking 1st round selection..

BuffaloBlitz83
10-26-2009, 09:22 PM
we can't start and pray for LT's based on potential and hope. This is the most important position on this team besides QB. Get the right guy that has proved dominance in pros or at least in college. I rather roll the dice on a highly, touted top LT prospect than a guy like Bell. It can backfire like Mike Williams but you have a much higher success rate. We can't be cheap forever with the line.

justasportsfan
10-26-2009, 09:51 PM
meredith has been getting a lot of help from the TE's

DrGraves
10-26-2009, 10:08 PM
the greatness of daddy karl malone clearly hasn't rubbed of on him yet

Bmax
10-26-2009, 10:55 PM
This from a guy who thinks Tony Pike is the Bills savior at QB

ROLF.....give me a break...Bell has better shot at being a Good LT ...then Pike-Mr. Brittle has at being a back up in the NFL....

Bmax

yordad
10-27-2009, 05:13 AM
we can't start and pray for LT's based on potential and hope.Yeah, next year let's start a rookie instead!