PDA

View Full Version : Our Offense sucks! Does anyone want to look past QB?

HHURRICANE
10-26-2009, 01:10 PM
We went 3 of 14 on conversions for 1st downs.

Net yards on offense was 167. Of that 53 was on the ground with a healthy Jackson and Lynch.

Does anyone want to look past QB to see there is a huge problem here? Brett Favre isn't turning this around.

We also lost the time of possession: 25 minutes vs. 35 minutes.

Van Pelt sucks, our o-line sucks, and our WRs aren't too impressive either. So before we talk about QB play I'd like to point out that our O sucks just about everywhere.

TheBrownBear
10-26-2009, 01:29 PM
I agree. The O as a whole is a huge problem. Evans, Jackson, Lynch and TO are good NFL skill position players (so I guess we disagree a bit here), so why do we suck?

Well, it's a combination of O-line and QB play, and playcalling/schemes. I think the biggest culprit is the Pop Warner schemes we use and I think AVP is out of his league as a playcaller. Add to that a very inexperienced O-line and this offense doesn't stand a chance.

I no longer like Edwards as our QB of the future, but I will concede he could be a serviceable player in a different system with an above average O-line. That's why the coaching staff should be the biggest priority in the offseason; followed by the O-line and then the QB position.

HHURRICANE
10-26-2009, 01:32 PM
Just as an FYI:

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2009102507/2009/REG7/bills@panthers/analyze/box-score

HHURRICANE
10-26-2009, 01:39 PM
I agree. The O as a whole is a huge problem. Evans, Jackson, Lynch and TO are good NFL skill position players (so I guess we disagree a bit here), so why do we suck?

Well, it's a combination of O-line and QB play, and playcalling/schemes. I think the biggest culprit is the Pop Warner schemes we use and I think AVP is out of his league as a playcaller. Add to that a very inexperienced O-line and this offense doesn't stand a chance.

I no longer like Edwards as our QB of the future, but I will concede he could be a serviceable player in a different system with an above average O-line. That's why the coaching staff should be the biggest priority in the offseason; followed by the O-line and then the QB position.

I basically agree with everything you just posted. Edwards hasn't proven jack so for me to defend him at this point is futile. But I do believe that he is more than serviceable with a decent o-line and coordinator.

Beastie Bills
10-26-2009, 02:50 PM

Somebody should send this to Ralph, because you've summed up the situation, and our needs going forward, perfectly.