Pat White

2010:

Bradford
Locker
Clausen
Pike
Tebow
Mccoy

I think it is a deeper QB class. I'm not sure if Bradford>Stafford. But after the first QB, 2010 class is far superior because guys like Freeman and White have less tools and potential than the Clause,Pike, Mccoy, Tebows in this class. There are also other QB's that may rise. None are sure things but I do feel it is a better class than 2009.

kernowboy
10-26-2009, 01:26 PM
In 2010 there is also the possibility of the following as well

Ryan Mallett, Arkansas
Pat Devlin, Delaware
Zac Robinson, Oklahoma St
Max Hall, BYU

if we go LT in R1, we could easily find a Day1 QB starter in R2

psubills62
10-26-2009, 01:26 PM
2009:

Stafford
Sanchez
Freeman
Pat White

2010:

Bradford
Locker
Clausen
Pike
Tebow
Mccoy

I think it is a deeper QB class. I'm not sure if Bradford>Stafford. But after the first QB, 2010 class is far superior because guys like Freeman and White have less tools and potential than the Clause,Pike, Mccoy, Tebows in this class. There are also other QB's that may rise. None are sure things but I do feel it is a better class than 2009.

Well, it does depend on what Locker and Clausen decide to do. However, this is why I want a QB in the later rounds. It's extremely deep, yet has a LOT of parity. The last guy on your list, McCoy, has about as many questions surrounding him as Bradford does. Each of them have weaknesses and strengths, so if you can get a good QB in the 2nd or 3rd or even 4th/5th rounds, then why would you want to draft a similar QB in the first?

kernowboy
10-26-2009, 01:27 PM
I think guys will declare as the Comm has been talking about capping rookie deals so it could be their last chance to leap on the gravy train

The King
10-26-2009, 01:31 PM
If we take a QB in the first round I am jumping out a window.

Ingtar33
10-26-2009, 01:38 PM
2009:

Stafford
Sanchez
Freeman
Pat White

2010:

Bradford
Locker
Clausen
Pike
Tebow
Mccoy

first of all had Bradford entered the draft last year... he would not have been chosen ahead of either Stafford or Sanchez... and probably would have gone sometime around where Freeman went.

He's done nothing this year to improve his draft selection. If he was a top 25 player in 2009, he's a top 35 player this year (he definitely is less attractive in the draft this year... what with having reconstructive surgery on his throwing shoulder, and likely being unable to work out before the NFL draft). However... the lack of competition in the QB class this year will probably get him into the top 15.

Locker is a junior and might not declare. Even if he does, he has Kyle Boller written all over him.

Clausen isn't half the college QB that Quinn was... he is also a junior, and would be unwise to come out early this year. His decision making is questionable. and his accuracy isn't wonderful (he is blessed with two of the finest receivers in college football plus a great RB, it's not too hard to look good in his situation). As things stand he'll probably go in round 1 if he comes out early. but he's no where near a sure hit.

Tony Pike is a system QB with all the size and strength you want in a pro. I don't know. Of the seniors he's an interesting prospect... but what i don't like about him is how his performance drops like a stone against the non-cupcakes on his schedule. right now he looks like a 2nd or 3rd rounder.

Tebow will never play QB in the NFL

McCoy runs a gimmicky offense, and isn't in the class of the others on this list. He's got 4th-7th round talent... and any team who takes him before then is begging to waste their draft pick.

-you left the most interesting senior in the draft off the list amusingly.

Tim Hiller is likely the best senior in the draft... he's definitely in the class of Pike, though i think he's a far better pro prospect then Pike. Hiller, depending on how he works out could go in the top 5 of the draft this year... or as far back as the 3rd round. either way i think he's the most pro ready of everyone you listed.

BuffaloBlitz83
10-26-2009, 01:44 PM
Freeman is terrible! I think every QB i listed in 2009 has better potential and would go before Freeman. And I rate Bradford higher than Sanchez prior to the shoulder problems. I am a big Tony Pike fan. He looked good versus a tough South Florida defense before he got pulled on injury.

Prov401
10-26-2009, 01:53 PM
If we take a QB in the first round I am jumping out a window.

Why? We don't have a QB here. And the top free agent QBs next year are Jason Cambell (lol), Kyle Orton (likely to resign), and Chad Pennington (No thanks).

The only trade possibility would be Kevin Kolb, who the Eagles would only trade for a deffinite first round pick.

I'm not sure why you would jump out a window.

BuffaloBlitz83
10-26-2009, 01:56 PM
Why? We don't have a QB here. And the top free agent QBs next year are Jason Cambell (lol), Kyle Orton (likely to resign), and Chad Pennington (No thanks).

The only trade possibility would be Kevin Kolb, who the Eagles would only trade for a deffinite first round pick.

I'm not sure why you would jump out a window.

Because without a left Tackle the next QB will get murdered just like every QB. Get the tackle and then get the QB later in the round or in round 2.

The King
10-26-2009, 02:38 PM
Because without a left Tackle the next QB will get murdered just like every QB. Get the tackle and then get the QB later in the round or in round 2.exactly.... we have been feeding QB's to the wolves for years get the rest of this team in check and then insert a qb.

drafting a good quarterback to play on this roster is like putting a band aid on a bullet hole.

DraftBoy
10-26-2009, 04:27 PM
first of all had Bradford entered the draft last year... he would not have been chosen ahead of either Stafford or Sanchez... and probably would have gone sometime around where Freeman went.

He's done nothing this year to improve his draft selection. If he was a top 25 player in 2009, he's a top 35 player this year (he definitely is less attractive in the draft this year... what with having reconstructive surgery on his throwing shoulder, and likely being unable to work out before the NFL draft). However... the lack of competition in the QB class this year will probably get him into the top 15.

Locker is a junior and might not declare. Even if he does, he has Kyle Boller written all over him.

Clausen isn't half the college QB that Quinn was... he is also a junior, and would be unwise to come out early this year. His decision making is questionable. and his accuracy isn't wonderful (he is blessed with two of the finest receivers in college football plus a great RB, it's not too hard to look good in his situation). As things stand he'll probably go in round 1 if he comes out early. but he's no where near a sure hit.

Tony Pike is a system QB with all the size and strength you want in a pro. I don't know. Of the seniors he's an interesting prospect... but what i don't like about him is how his performance drops like a stone against the non-cupcakes on his schedule. right now he looks like a 2nd or 3rd rounder.

McCoy runs a gimmicky offense, and isn't in the class of the others on this list. He's got 4th-7th round talent... and any team who takes him before then is begging to waste their draft pick.

Tim Hiller is likely the best senior in the draft... he's definitely in the class of Pike, though i think he's a far better pro prospect then Pike. Hiller, depending on how he works out could go in the top 5 of the draft this year... or as far back as the 3rd round. either way i think he's the most pro ready of everyone you listed.

You can't say it much better than that. I like Pike a little more but the other QB's are all extremely risky picks.

ServoBillieves
10-26-2009, 04:30 PM
Pike, Clausen, or Devlin are fine by me... I'll buy a #15 Pike jersey anyday.

BuffaloBlitz83
10-26-2009, 04:31 PM
Draftboy, would you still take a QB on day 1 if you had to say right now?

Tiburon1724
10-26-2009, 05:47 PM
I'd be comfortable trading a first rounder for Kolb.

DraftBoy
10-26-2009, 05:48 PM
Draftboy, would you still take a QB on day 1 if you had to say right now?

Based on only Seniors? No, I would not. I have Pike as my #1 overall guy right now, but I have questions about the system he plays in like Ing points out.

You add in Juniors, I may take a shot at Locker but the past few weeks have shown me he needs another year in college and then one or two on the bench before he should start. Right now Id have Devlin as my top rated Junior QB.

The guy I like the most out of all of college football though isn't eligible this season and is out with an injury. That is Robert Griffith III out of Baylor. He is Michael Vick with much more polish, accuracy, and just as much arm strength. Don't get me wrong he is still incredibly raw and his knee injury hurts him, but if we don't go QB this year then I want him or Devlin like next season.

Raptor
10-26-2009, 06:24 PM

What Clausen are you watching?

If there is one thing Clausen has cleared up this year its his decision making. He has only two picks this year and one was a prayer end of the half pass. He has been great in identifying the open WR in pre snap and making great decision with the ball

Accuracy isnt wonderful? Anything over 60% is considered good and he's now at 65% along with the fact that he is one of if not the most accurate deep ball thrower in college right now

Floyd hasnt played since week 3 and he's doing a great job of still spreading it around and A.Allen is good but he is far from a great RB. Plus his game against Purdue told us exactly how important he is to that offense and that he is clearly the best player on ND. Crist comes in and all of a sudden all these great players around him dont look so great. Clausen returns late in the second half and all of a sudden there all clicking again.

yordad
10-26-2009, 06:28 PM

Tim Hiller is likely the best senior in the draft... he's definitely in the class of Pike, though i think he's a far better pro prospect then Pike. Hiller, depending on how he works out could go in the top 5 of the draft this year... or as far back as the 3rd round. either way i think he's the most pro ready of everyone you listed.Then the Bills should draft one in each round and let them duke it out!

DraftBoy
10-26-2009, 06:43 PM
What Clausen are you watching?

If there is one thing Clausen has cleared up this year its his decision making. He has only two picks this year and one was a prayer end of the half pass. He has been great in identifying the open WR in pre snap and making great decision with the ball

Accuracy isnt wonderful? Anything over 60% is considered good and he's now at 65% along with the fact that he is one of if not the most accurate deep ball thrower in college right now

Floyd hasnt played since week 3 and he's doing a great job of still spreading it around and A.Allen is good but he is far from a great RB. Plus his game against Purdue told us exactly how important he is to that offense and that he is clearly the best player on ND. Crist comes in and all of a sudden all these great players around him dont look so great. Clausen returns late in the second half and all of a sudden there all clicking again.

Ive watched every game Notre Dame has played and every snap Jimmy has taken and I still have serious decision issues with him. He forces a lot of throws still and while they haven't gone for interceptions they haven't been good throws either.

Clausen's best assest is that he can throw it up high and let guys like Rudolph, Tate, and Floyd (when playing) go get it. He spreads the ball out yes, but make no mistake about it, he locks on to Tate out there. He finally got Kumara involved this week. Allen is a very underrated back who will be a better pro than he is a college player imo.

Clausen has a lot to learn still and does not need to leave school early as of right now.