PDA

View Full Version : The Texans OL is worse than Ours!

BuffaloBlitz83
10-26-2009, 06:21 PM
We will have 4 sacks and 2 Ints. We will win 21-17, in Dicky Ball Fashion!

FlyingDutchman
10-26-2009, 06:28 PM
cool

DraftBoy
10-26-2009, 06:43 PM
If we score 21 Ill be shocked.

thenry20
10-26-2009, 06:45 PM
I've always wondered what happened to Dionne Warwick and her coven. LOLZ!

It seems they've been trolling this board during their off time.

BillsWin
10-26-2009, 06:54 PM
If we score 21 Ill be shocked.

Carolina has the 5th ranked defense in the league. We put 20 on them.

Texans are ranked 21st.

Anything can happen. I wouldn't be surprised if they won this one and went into the bye at .500.

Although they still aren't making the playoffs with that bad of an offense.

DMBcrew36
10-26-2009, 07:02 PM
Does this mean that Maybin might actually make a play on Sunday?!?!?

BillsWin
10-26-2009, 07:10 PM
Does this mean that Maybin might actually make a play on Sunday?!?!?

I hope so! :D

casdhf
10-26-2009, 07:26 PM
Did you see him go ape **** when they called a penalty that prevented him from getting his first sack?

BillsWin
10-26-2009, 07:29 PM
Did you see him go ape **** when they called a penalty that prevented him from getting his first sack?

He was ready to explode. He had some good rushes Sunday. He just came up short.

psubills62
10-26-2009, 07:31 PM
Sorry, but how is the Texans' OL worse than ours? They've only given up 12 sacks in 7 games, we've given up 21 in 7 games. Oh yeah, and they have 48 more passing attempts than we do.

Oldbillsfan
10-26-2009, 07:35 PM
How can their line be worse than the Bills? How many TD's have they scored? Nuff said...

BillsWin
10-26-2009, 07:38 PM
Sorry, but how is the Texans' OL worse than ours? They've only given up 12 sacks in 7 games, we've given up 21 in 7 games. Oh yeah, and they have 48 more passing attempts than we do.

very true. The title of the thread is wrong, but it is still a winnable game. Actually a must-win if the players and coaches still think they've got a shot at the playoffs. :funny:

MassEffect218435
10-26-2009, 07:45 PM
There is no worse OL in the NFL than the Buffalo Bills OL.

psubills62
10-26-2009, 07:50 PM
There is no worse OL in the NFL than the Buffalo Bills OL.

:roflmao: Yeah, you're right, the Chiefs and Lions are just THAT dominant (more sacks allowed, less yards per rush than the Bills - those are just from a quick once-over the stats). And neither of those teams lost their starting RT's to injury the second week of the season.

Think THEN post.

psubills62
10-26-2009, 07:53 PM
very true. The title of the thread is wrong, but it is still a winnable game. Actually a must-win if the players and coaches still think they've got a shot at the playoffs. :funny:

I agree that it's a winnable game. I still think their offense will get the better of our defense.

The problem is that our defense has given up a lot of yards to opposing QB's, but not many TD's. We've also been winning because of turnovers lately. Schaub has done a great job protecting the ball this year, and even without Andre Johnson still has a lot of playmakers. Owen Daniels is at a position that normally toasts Buffalo (we gave up ~135 yards receiving to Carolina's TE's).

And at this point, I really don't think our offense can consistently move the ball against anyone. I don't trust the coaches to bring out a good gameplan offensively. The Texans will score 14+, and I don't believe our offense will be able to keep up.

Ingtar33
10-26-2009, 09:34 PM
wait... Matt Schaub is putting up the best numbers of any QB in the league right now... as long as Andre Johnson is healthy the Texans will light us up (that guy is straight up uncoverable right now).

How do you see this as a cakewalk? To beat the Texans we'll probably have to put up 30 points. Do you see this offense ever putting up that many points?

YardRat
10-26-2009, 09:42 PM
21 pts in 'Dickie-bird fashion' is going to have to mean 7 FG's because the offense isn't going to put 3 TD's on the board.

Scratch that, because the offense isn't going to be able to sustain 7 drives long enough to get into FG range.

Maybe a couple of quick scores by the defense or ST's to take a big lead early, and then go into a shell and frustratingly watch the Texans climb back into the game and turn it into a nail-biter. I guess that's possible.

mysticsoto
10-26-2009, 09:51 PM
wait... Matt Schaub is putting up the best numbers of any QB in the league right now... as long as Andre Johnson is healthy the Texans will light us up (that guy is straight up uncoverable right now).

How do you see this as a cakewalk? To beat the Texans we'll probably have to put up 30 points. Do you see this offense ever putting up that many points?

Anything can happen. I thought Brees and the Saints would kill us 75-0, and yet, it was a close game until the 4th qtr and we kept the Saints to one of their lowest scores of the year!

I'm not saying that's going to happen with Houston, but this defense is better than people give it credit for. They give up yards, but not points. It's very odd, but it seems to work for them. If only the offense could get their ass in gear and put up some points...

BuffaloBlitz83
10-26-2009, 10:00 PM
Texans looked brutal vs the Jets. Totally got owned. We could beat them. Any given sunday. If our DL makes some plays, we'll have a shot. Texans do not run the ball well at all. It'll give Byrd some chances to make more plays. We'll see. Of course i'm trying to be optimistic as deserve to be 7 pt underdogs.

BuffaloBlitz83
10-26-2009, 10:01 PM
Anything can happen. I thought Brees and the Saints would kill us 75-0, and yet, it was a close game until the 4th qtr and we kept the Saints to one of their lowest scores of the year!

I'm not saying that's going to happen with Houston, but this defense is better than people give it credit for. They give up yards, but not points. It's very odd, but it seems to work for them. If only the offense could get their ass in gear and put up some points...

We've played every team close except the beatdown in Miami.

Kenny
10-26-2009, 10:02 PM
Carolina has the 5th ranked defense in the league. We put 20 on them.

Texans are ranked 21st.

Anything can happen. I wouldn't be surprised if they won this one and went into the bye at .500.

Although they still aren't making the playoffs with that bad of an offense.

True, -but we dont have Delhomme throwing to our guys. Our offense is going to have to actually move the ball down the field.

Aliceinchainsbills15
10-26-2009, 10:29 PM
That's a great way to jinx the Bills.:zipit:

Throne Logic
10-26-2009, 11:06 PM

You mean the Bills will bumble their way into a win despite themselves? Again.

BillsWin
10-26-2009, 11:08 PM
I think the Bills win this one. Because it is just like the Bills under Jauron to get back to .500 at some point in the season, still be in playoff contention, and then fumble their way to a 7-9 record.

BillsWin
10-26-2009, 11:10 PM
One sure thing is, Dick will clap at some point in the game. :clap:

LooneyBin
10-27-2009, 01:06 PM
Owen Daniels. I would want to be facing him. This defense is usually tight end friendly. They will need to pay close attention to him.

Oldbillsfan
10-27-2009, 02:35 PM
Hope for bad weather

BillsWin
10-27-2009, 03:14 PM
Owen Daniels. I would want to be facing him. This defense is usually tight end friendly. They will need to pay close attention to him.

Funny how he was almost a Bill. But then we wouldn't have Maybin or Levitre as those were the picks we were going to trade for him (traded up to the second with our third to get Levitre.)

Mr. Pink
10-27-2009, 03:22 PM
Funny how he was almost a Bill. But then we wouldn't have Maybin or Levitre as those were the picks we were going to trade for him (traded up to the second with our third to get Levitre.)

Not funny, it's sad. I'd rather have Owen Daniels than both of those bums.

You know you have a dump off, check down QB, you get him a solid tight end safety valve.

I guarantee people wouldn't be *****ing if Trent was getting Owen Daniels the ball 7 times a game instead of Schouman and Fine.

Goobylal
10-27-2009, 06:48 PM
The Bills played two straight road games against 2 of the tougher defenses, especially at home. That counts for something. They'll be home this weekend and the Texans will likely be without Johnson. I like the Bills' chances.

The Jokeman
10-27-2009, 08:13 PM
Not funny, it's sad. I'd rather have Owen Daniels than both of those bums.

You know you have a dump off, check down QB, you get him a solid tight end safety valve.

I guarantee people wouldn't be *****ing if Trent was getting Owen Daniels the ball 7 times a game instead of Schouman and Fine.
I'll admit I'm not a Schouman fan but looking back the offense has struggled since we lost him. Granted Daniels is far superior and I agree love to have him here but just wanted to give Schouman some props as he was doing a pretty good job when he was in there. That said if Daniels is on the open market this offseason I'd definitely rank him among the top guys on my list if we keep TE as our QB.