PDA

View Full Version : Forked Thread: Sanchez is an idiot

Oaf
10-26-2009, 10:30 PM
Forked from: Sanchez is an idiot (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?postid=3032462)

You can't make this **** up! LOL eating hot dogs discretely during game on bench.

OAKLAND, Calif. - Mark Sanchez had to apologize for his sideline demeanor again. This time, he was hot-dogging it. Literally.

Sanchez shook off the worst start of his young career by running for one touchdown and throwing for another, before taking time to munch on a snack in the closing minutes of a 38-0 victory over the Oakland Raiders on Sunday.

Sanchez was criticized last week for looking dejected on the sideline while throwing five interceptions in an overtime loss to Buffalo. He was happy enough after this performance that he was caught by television cameras trying to discretely eat a hot dog at the end of the blowout.

''I want to apologize for that,'' he said. ''I wasn't feeling very good and didn't eat much before the game, so I was feeling a little queasy. Toward the end of the game, I probably should have eaten one of those bars or something, but someone offered [a hot dog], so I grabbed it and tried to be discreet about it, but obviously not discreet enough. So I shouldn't have done that, and it won't happen again.''

LOL, I actually did this myself last week. I'm a manager on the Michigan team and I didn't get to eat in the morn before the game. I always give the running backs coach Fred Jackson a giant hot dog went they head to the locker room after warm ups but I didn't get the dog before he went inside. It would have been a problem to give it to him when they came back to for introductions and stuff so I just pretended I never got one and pocketed it.

Halfway into the 3rd, and college games run longer than NFL, I buckled under temptation and started to rip pieces of it and discretely eat it whenever there was a big play of the field. Part of the bun fell on the ground and a coach saw it and asked where it came from- luckily it didn't get traced back to me. Our running back Carlos Brown was on the bench and noticed me munching away on something and demanded some of it but by that time I had scarfed it all down. Good thing because the coaches came to talk to Brown right after and had they had seen him eating a dog I gave him, that would have been good trouble for me.
:chuckle: So I got away with it, apparently it is a big deal. Just thought I'd share.