PDA

View Full Version : Is Jackson unhappy?

patmoran2006
10-27-2009, 09:33 AM
Every Tuesday at Buffalo Sports Daily we reflect back on 10 Buffalo Bills points. This week we discuss the possibility of an unhappy Fred Jackson, John Wendling becoming a Pro Bowl candidate, the crappiness of losing your job to injury and the scary thought of Owen Daniels, among others.

READ MORE (http://www.buffalosportsdaily.com/2009/10/buffalo-bills-10-point-tuesday/)

Ebenezer
10-27-2009, 09:58 AM
Fred Jackson should be pissed.

justasportsfan
10-27-2009, 10:04 AM
I want to see if we can get back to the running game when Freddie started for us. Start him for the entire 1st half and see what happens.

bigbub2352
10-27-2009, 10:04 AM
Good Article Pat
Meredith was terrible in Carolina, and Butler mite be our worst injury of the season i agree with that
Jackson should be unhappy he needs to be on the feild alot more and also needs to be thrown the ball this staff underutilized Nelson, Parrish, and now Jackson and i guess throw in TO but now that TO has given up on the season just shows you how bargain basement bad this coaching staff is
relying on Bell and Scott as Depth not addressing OT in FA
the mismanagement of depth and Practice Squad players is again showing we dont know how to develop talent or keep it once we do develop it

trapezeus
10-27-2009, 10:10 AM
jackson's issue comes back to poor coaching. how can they not get these two guys moving? Jackson is one of the good soldiers too.

They should roll jackson out in the slot. let him catch some stuff underneath and on the run. They should do the reverse with him, since he actually gives it his all every play unlike TO who doesn't really want to be bothered.

Meredith, on one play, was actually thrown sideways in the air by peppers. That was stunning. I agree, the guy has springs in his shoes.

Mccargo staying just is another long line of examples where the coaches either can't admit they were wrong with picking him or deal with the fact that they can't get a guy moving. He needs to go.

ddaryl
10-27-2009, 10:15 AM
Good Article Pat
Meredith was terrible in Carolina, and Butler mite be our worst injury of the season i agree with that
Jackson should be unhappy he needs to be on the feild alot more and also needs to be thrown the ball this staff underutilized Nelson, Parrish, and now Jackson and i guess throw in TO but now that TO has given up on the season just shows you how bargain basement bad this coaching staff is
relying on Bell and Scott as Depth not addressing OT in FA
the mismanagement of depth and Practice Squad players is again showing we dont know how to develop talent or keep it once we do develop it

Jackson deserves more touches, but our O in general is struggling so there is less opportunity for all. Heck I think Jackson should line up as a wideout more often if that's what it takes to get him in the game more often

Nelson is a rookie who's pro blocking skills are under developement. Which is why he is being underutilized.

Parrish.. the guy is under utilized as a WR and rightfully so. He gets manhandled at the LOS and can't block a gnat, Fred jacksons fumble against Tampa was purely caused by Parrish's complete inability to slow down a defender and let Jackson hit the hole

TO... give me a break the guy drops 1 out of every 3 passes thrown to him.. he has had ample opportuinity to make more plays

having a completley unexperienced reshuffled OL is the major problem, that we all agree upon. The fact that this organization never seems capable of taking care of the lines has been the biggest problem the last 10+ years

bigbub2352
10-27-2009, 10:20 AM
Jackson deserves more touches, but our O in general is struggling so there is less opportunity for all. Heck I think Jackson should line up as a wideout more often if that's what it takes to get him in the game more often

Nelson is a rookie who's pro blocking skills are under developement. Which is why he is being underutilized.

Parrish.. the guy is under utilized as a WR and rightfully so. He gets manhandled at the LOS and can't block a gnat, Fred jacksons fumble against Tampa was purely caused by Parrish's complete inability to slow down a defender and let Jackson hit the hole

TO... give me a break the guy drops 1 out of every 3 passes thrown to him.. he has had ample opportuinity to make more plays

having a completley unexperienced reshuffled OL is the major problem, that we all agree upon. The fact that this organization never seems capable of taking care of the lines has been the biggest problem the last 10+ years

By underutilized i mean that the Offense as a hole is not getting it done
Parrish can be sent long x2 a game and thrown the ball
TO was underutilized before he lost interest in playing for the Bills but i agree about the drops
I also agree it is coaching and OLine but that is the fault of the front office for not developing talent and signing vets or drafting prospects to have instead of signing teams castoffs to start here
And i ment with Nelson he should have been invovlved more in the passing game not with his blocking he should have been lined up in the slot on obvious passing situations but instead keep him in to block helping Scott or Meredith or Bell limited his effectiveness as wel
lets not forget captain checkdown either
We are saying the same stuff
Its coachin and Oline

Night Train
10-27-2009, 11:11 AM
There have been plenty of holes the last 3 weeks where Lynch hesitated, danced or took wide instead of just running through it with authority. Jackson would have blown through most of those openings.

Lynch is starting to remind me in running style of McGahee, who would wait for the parting of the Red Sea before hitting the hole.

I like Lynch but I think we would be better served with Jackson in there the majority of the time.

DraftBoy
10-27-2009, 11:12 AM
First time Ive read much of any criticism of Meredith after his Carolina game. We all know he's not getting a push in the running game and needs to get better but to say Peppers viciously abused Meredith is quite dramatic. Peppers stat line was 3 tackles and 1 sack. While that's good and considering he's a pro bowl caliber DE Id expect something similar, you had a former practice squad player at RT who we all know shouldnt be starting against a Pro Bowl DE. What do you expect to happen? I applaud Meredith for holding Peppers to only 1 sack and Im not even sure if that one sack was credited on him for allowing it.

I think people saying he's not the answer after two games either had way too high of expectations, or are selling the boat down the river way too fast. To say you want Scott or Chambers at RT instead is absolutely laughable.

trapezeus
10-27-2009, 11:18 AM
meredith should be good depth. he shouldn't be a starter. that's why i wish this season wasn't about winning now. just let them play and get their bearings. We get that stud LT and butler back next year with meredith and bell getting a lot of snaps now, we should be shored up for a few years. or so one would hope.

Demon
10-27-2009, 11:32 AM
First time Ive read much of any criticism of Meredith after his Carolina game. We all know he's not getting a push in the running game and needs to get better but to say Peppers viciously abused Meredith is quite dramatic. Peppers stat line was 3 tackles and 1 sack. While that's good and considering he's a pro bowl caliber DE Id expect something similar, you had a former practice squad player at RT who we all know shouldnt be starting against a Pro Bowl DE. What do you expect to happen? I applaud Meredith for holding Peppers to only 1 sack and Im not even sure if that one sack was credited on him for allowing it.

I think people saying he's not the answer after two games either had way too high of expectations, or are selling the boat down the river way too fast. To say you want Scott or Chambers at RT instead is absolutely laughable.

I couldn't have said it better even if i tried. For as bad as Meredith played, he did pretty good against one of the best defensive ends in the sport. People were praising him at the bar i was at during replays and they were right. Sure he made mistakes but he did better them a lot of vets would have, and def better then Scott or Chambers.

DraftBoy
10-27-2009, 11:39 AM
I couldn't have said it better even if i tried. For as bad as Meredith played, he did pretty good against one of the best defensive ends in the sport. People were praising him at the bar i was at during replays and they were right. Sure he made mistakes but he did better them a lot of vets would have, and def better then Scott or Chambers.

I just think that if we are going to say Meredith got viciously abused then Peppers needed to have Jared Allen v. GB type of a game. Not just 3 tackles and 1 sack.

jamze132
10-27-2009, 12:56 PM
Jackson's problem is not his. It's AVPs fault for not being able to form a gameplan to get him and Lynch more involved and it's the crappy O-line's fault for killing drives, which is also OBDs fault for what the line currently is. There is serious potential on the interior but they need more seasoning.

Jackson has every right to be pissed and I can't blame him for the way he feels. But he isn't the only stud on the offense to feel "unused" if you will.

We have some serious playmakers on offense but it's hard to get them involved when we play "3 up, 3 down, let's go sit down".

Mr. Pink
10-27-2009, 01:41 PM
Jackson should be pissed he's losing carries to a clearly inferior running back.

I'm seeing some fans are starting to come around to the idea a few of us have been saying for a year now.

casdhf
10-27-2009, 01:54 PM
He hasn't looked any better when he's been in there.

Demon
10-27-2009, 03:05 PM
He hasn't looked any better when he's been in there.

That's not really fair to say. Jackson has been going into the game after long periods of time just standing on the sideline. You can't expect a "cold" running back to enter the game and dominate. That will work if you've totally over worked the defense for lots of yards and in the 2nd half, just go down their throats. Going to Jackson, after he was on the sidelines for a while on that play near our goalline was just plain stupid.

The problem is the offense can't figure anything out. Lee Evans has been a nobody until Trent Edwards got injured. We don't do short passes anymore. They don't do many slants and have started to do some recently. They don't know how to use the 2 RB they have been gifted to have. This whole offense sucks and worst part is, they do have quite a few play makers on it. They are just used wrong.

homeslice5484
10-27-2009, 03:37 PM
i really like that article..

Jackson has a right to be mad. Besides Stevie, he is one of my favorite Bills. He gave his all for the first 3 games, and then was pushed to the curb. Or it might be that Fitz doesnt throw to the RBs as much as Edwards so he is not being used much as a WR either? Either way he needs to be involved on offense, not just return game and sparingly at RB. Anyone see Lynch line up at FB last week?

Fitz, I hope your right and Jauron keeps him in there for a while. I think the fans were done with Edwards a while ago, but figured we should just ride it out to be sure. We know he is not the answer, but makes a fine backup. But do you think Jauron and the others have made the same assumption many fans have and will keep Fitz in? Jauron seems to love Trent so who knows.

Anyone think Trent always talked about his love for Jauron after every loss because he knew Jauron would never bench him and was sucking up to the coach?

homeslice5484
10-27-2009, 03:40 PM
Oh yeah, and Evans...it was no secret he preferred JP...why would he not prefer Fitz who will try to get him the ball more? Its what you pay a WR 9 million a year for. Trent shoulda been benched long ago for refusing to make those throws. Sometimes you just gotta take risks.

TacklingDummy
10-27-2009, 04:43 PM
Lynch is a bum, start Jackson.