PDA

View Full Version : Rating the NFL's worst teams

Pinkerton Security
10-27-2009, 11:16 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=hruby/091026&sportCat=nfl

"I mean, from a comical standpoint, you have to appreciate it."
-- Former Washington Redskins player Tre' Johnson, on team owner Daniel Snyder's management style
On-field ineptitude. Off-field chaos. Vendors hawking beer in stadium bathrooms. (http://network.nationalpost.com/np/blogs/postedsports/archive/2009/10/23/vendors-selling-beer-in-the-bathroom-at-redskins-games.aspx) Johnson is right -- you really do have to appreciate the Washington Redskins. Along with the Oakland Raiders, the Detroit Lions and the NFL's other dysfunctional franchises. Because in addition to sturm, drang and JaMarcus Russell making Aaron Brooks look like an F-117A stealth fighter dropping a laser-guided bomb down a Baghdad ventilation shaft, pro football's worst teams offer pure, unadulterated entertainment. The same rubbernecking joy and giddy schadenfreude that makes reality TV so compellingly awful … and awfully compelling.
In other words: We come not to bury the likes of the St. Louis Rams, but to <strike>praise</strike> make fun of them.

At least he recognized us fans as being the s***!

DraftBoy
10-27-2009, 11:20 AM
:rofl:

Fun read.

trapezeus
10-27-2009, 11:25 AM
some of his stuff was hilarious in there. Thanks for posting that.

Jan Reimers
10-27-2009, 11:39 AM
Well, at least we got the best grade among the worst franchises. Which is like being the smartest kid on the short bus.

DraftBoy
10-27-2009, 11:44 AM
Well, at least we got the best grade among the worst franchises. Which is like being the smartest kid on the short bus.

I like your optimism! :up:

Dr. Lecter
10-27-2009, 11:45 AM
We call that the DraftBoy Award. :db:

Pinkerton Security
10-27-2009, 01:35 PM

I tried to think of some other teams that might be worse than us...Jaguars to me arent very solid, especially considering their fan base is terrible.

madness
10-27-2009, 03:42 PM
Bills: A serious question: If someone replaced Jauron (24-31 during four seasons in Buffalo) with a wax statue holding an Xbox controller, then had a ball boy press the ASK MADDEN button to make in-game decisions, would anyone notice? Grade: C-minus

I'm still :lmao: about this.

DraftBoy
10-27-2009, 03:54 PM
We call that the DraftBoy Award. :db:

Yes!

The winner will be the most optimistic ******* on the board! Woohoo!!

ParanoidAndroid
10-27-2009, 08:02 PM
I'm still :lmao: about this.

This was a dream assignment for a dryly sarcastic writer with some serious intellectual talent.
Hilarious!

He deserves more work.

Demon
10-27-2009, 08:06 PM
I almost always hate anything and everything that ESPN has to offer, but that was actually pretty funny. Thanks for posting.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
10-27-2009, 09:13 PM
thats funny in a sad and pathetic way since he is writing about my team :(