• Show
Clear All
  • T-Long
    Circling the Wagons since 1982.
    • Sep 2003

QB Mike Reilly worked out as well

Is there something brewing?

According to a tweet from Adam Caplan:

caplannfl The #Bills worked out UDFA QB Mike Reilly, he also worked out for #Seahawks and #Packers earlier this season.
  • Demon
    • Mar 2003

Re: QB Mike Reilly worked out as well

Caplan also tells a fan he thinks Reilly can play....

@timwilliams818 : I'm convinced Reilly can play in this league. He's a better prospect than Brohm.
    Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• BillsWin
      man amongst boys
      • Oct 2008

But if you listen to some experts around the game, there is some feeling that Reilly could end up being a lot more than that. NFL Matchup's Greg Cosell, a film rat who watches as much game tape as nearly anyone, sure thinks so:
      "I think that as a pro prospect, he's the fourth-best quarterback in this draft, after Freeman, who has a ton of skills but is very raw and unrefined. But after that, Mike Reilly -- and I've watched him on film, and I've seen his only game against a Division I opponent in Montana, in addition to some other games -- I think he shows NFL attributes. I love when I read stuff that says, 'Well, the guy has an average arm.' When you watch him on film, he doesn't have an average arm. He actually has a pretty good arm. And he does the things ... I understand that it's not against top competition, but that's not the point, He's also not playing with great competition. He's playing with the same (level of) guys he's playing against. So, you look for NFL attributes, and he's got them.
      "We all know he's not going to be drafted in the first two rounds, but there's a quarterback from two years ago that I really liked, named Matt Moore, who came out of Oregon State, who's now with Carolina, and I can tell you that (Panthers head coach) John Fox thinks he's going to be a starting quarterback in this league."
      The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

Analysis Positives: Good height for the position with the frame to handle an additional 10-15 pounds of mass. Good timing and accuracy for the short to intermediate routes. At least adequate touch and accuracy for the deep pass. Cerebral. Reads defenses well. Has control of the offense and is allowed to audible at the line of scrimmage. Reads through his progressions quickly and will take the check-down option rather than force the ball into coverage. Has some elusiveness to buy time in the pocket and surprising straight-line speed to generate yardage as a scrambler.

Negatives: Lack of preferred arm strength exposed with a disappointing performance against better competition at the East-West Shrine Game. Appeared to be over-throwing passes in an attempt to quell concerns about his arm strength, and his accuracy -- which scouts had thought of as a relative strength -- suffered as a result. Operates out of a spread attack and his statistics are inflated. Athletic enough to handle the transition, but is used to taking snaps out of the shotgun and will need to work on his footwork from center.
      Last edited by BillsWin; 10-27-2009, 07:45 PM.
      I am The Batman.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
        My battery is low and it's getting dark.
        • Apr 2004

Ummm.... I just brewed some coffee.

Comment

• Demon
          • Mar 2003

How did the Seahawks or the Packers bring him in then and had him leave unimpressed?
          Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• X-Era
            What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Demon
            How did the Seahawks or the Packers bring him in then and had him leave unimpressed?
            Maybe they were impressed but strapped by the cash to crap philosophy.

Comment

• BillsWin
              man amongst boys
              • Oct 2008

not saying he is good, just finding you people reading material.
              I am The Batman.

Comment

• circlethewagons
                • Dec 2005

with the bills now bringing in multiple QB's for visits any chance they view Trents injury as much more serious than originally thought? Or is this just due to our horrendous QB play this season?

Comment

• Demon
                  • Mar 2003

Originally posted by circlethewagons
                  with the bills now bringing in multiple QB's for visits any chance they view Trents injury as much more serious than originally thought? Or is this just due to our horrendous QB play this season?
                  I could be very wrong, but i still think it's because they will need 3 QBs on the roster and they just can't trust Edwards to stay healthy. Once our bye week ends, i truly believe Roscoe Parrish gets voted off the island, and currently he's our #3 emergency QB.

I doubt it has anything to do with them possibly thinking of benching Fitzpatrick due to his struggles.
                  Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• BillsWin
                    man amongst boys
                    • Oct 2008

I could be very wrong, but i still think it's because they will need 3 QBs on the roster and they just can't trust Edwards to stay healthy. Once our bye week ends, i truly believe Roscoe Parrish gets voted off the island, and currently he's our #3 emergency QB.

I doubt it has anything to do with them possibly thinking of benching Fitzpatrick due to his struggles.

ditto.
                    I am The Batman.

Comment

• TigerJ
                      • Jul 2002

I think the Bills are essentially admitting they're unsure about Trent, whether or not he has the psychological makeup to play QB in the NFL. There's no doubt he has the tools but you can't be afraid when you're playing QB, and he's played like he's afraid ever since the Cleveland game last year. He's afraid, not of injury, but of making a bad play and turning the ball over. If he can't get past that, he will wash out of the Bills and the NFL as surely as Losman did. The Bills are doing due diligence on what's available. They will look hard at the draft too.
                      I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                        Making Spirits Bright
                        • Mar 2006

I'm hoping both.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                          Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                          • Jul 2002

I think this team should be looking everywhere for a prospect who might be able to play in this league because the Bills don't currently have a QB on their roster who's good enough. You can find some diamonds in the rough on practice squads and you may get lucky. I like Brohm...but not many do...I think he can play.

Comment

• Demon
                            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Nighthawk
                            I think this team should be looking everywhere for a prospect who might be able to play in this league because the Bills don't currently have a QB on their roster who's good enough. You can find some diamonds in the rough on practice squads and you may get lucky. I like Brohm...but not many do...I think he can play.
                            Where exactly do you think they can find a starting QB in late October?
                            Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• TheBrownBear
                              • Dec 2004

Maybe Edwards is retiring? He's had a couple of concussions in a short span.

Comment

Working...
                              X