PDA

View Full Version : Westbrook Concussion vs. Edwards Concussion

BILLSROCK1212
10-27-2009, 08:51 PM
Westbrook was knocked out

Posted by Mike Florio on October 27, 2009 9:20 PM ET
Eagles running back Brian Westbrook left Monday night's game with a concussion, after the knee of Redskins linebacker London Fletcher struck Westbrook in the helmet.

As it turns out, Westbrook was knocked out.

Eagles coach Andy Reid confirmed Tuesday, during his weekly show on WIP radio in Philly, that Westbrook lost consciousness as a result of the hit. Reid also said that Westbrook had no memory of the incident.

Per the Philadelphia Inquirer, these facts indicate that Westbrook suffered a severe concussion.

Reid nevertheless said that he's "counting on" Westbrook playing against the Giants on Sunday.

And we're "counting on" the Eagles' doctors telling Reid to butt the hell out if the Eagles' doctors believe that Westbrook shouldn't be playing football only six days after being knocked out.

So either Reid is crazy and should be fined for thinking of risking his player's health or Jauron needs to tell Edwards to man up if he believes Edwards should be the starting QB.

VeggieMan14
10-27-2009, 09:20 PM
Being very familiar with concussions myself we are most likely not playing trent because this is not his first concussion. Although his concussion might not have been as bad as westbrooks the fact that he has already had multiple concussions makes this one magnify even more. If this is westbrooks first concussion then as a professional he has more of an option to go play the next week even though it is by no means a good idea. I dont know about westbrooks previous concussion history but if he has had multiple already he should not be out there next week. Every concussion someone gets increases their chance of getting another concussion by 10 so Trent is on the road of doing serious damage to his health later in life.

DBrown77
10-28-2009, 05:27 AM
I heard that this is Trents 4th concussion. He had 2 in college.

Stewie
10-28-2009, 07:27 AM
there's no way in hell westbrook has gone this long without getting another concussion..

trapezeus
10-28-2009, 09:04 AM
i think the eagles are crazy. westbrook is always dinged up. like the poster said above, there is no way this was his first.

Bill Cody
10-28-2009, 09:30 AM
Concussions ended Troy Aikman's career. They ended Steve Young's career. They effectively ended Drew Bledsoe's career. You won't hear much about concussions from the league but what you do hear is the tip of the iceberg. it's a huge problem and as the previous poster said once you get one if you come back too soon a feather could give you another one. Ted Johnson formerly of NE has brain damage from just that scenario, got one, rushed back got another way worse one.

The helmets are the problem. They are very hard so they can cause a concussion but they don't protect well. They have helmets that would be much safer available but they don't look cool so we stick with the status quo.

Edwards needs to get back when he's ready, not until.