PDA

View Full Version : I see this happening...

patmoran2006
10-27-2009, 11:46 PM
No source, no link. Only speculation on my part. But this may happen with the Bills over the next few days/weeks.. Let me repeat. I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO INSIDE INFORMATION, its completely guess work from someone who's just been spending far too much time around and about this team.

1. The Bills sign a QB. Apparently they worked out Ramsey and someone else yesterday (Can't remember). I could see them signing one, so they have a 3rd QB, for not only this Sunday but possibly another game after the bye.

2. To make room for him on roster, the Bills release Roscoe Peeko Parrish

3. Once Edwards is ready to return, which if after the week after bye would coincide with Hardy also coming off the PUP, I could see the bills activating Hardy and releasing eitiher the QB they just signed or Hamden.. Probably the temp QB.

BillsWin
10-27-2009, 11:50 PM
sound reasoning Pat. Either way, Parrish is gone.

Marvelous
10-28-2009, 02:09 AM
I swear i've been annoyed at this organization since the early Bledsoe days for IGNORING the backup QB spot.. If our starter goes down we are SCREWED. & More likely scenerio has been that Our starter is pooping and we've NO options..
--We need to draft a day 1 QB & get one of the better free agent QB's oout there. Not a Rams scrfuby reject who had 1 good game under his belt.. :wtf:
--I'd love to waste say 5 mill+ a season on a QB we hopefuly won't need.. Not like we are cap-pressed.

X-Era
10-28-2009, 05:36 AM
No source, no link. Only speculation on my part. But this may happen with the Bills over the next few days/weeks.. Let me repeat. I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO INSIDE INFORMATION, its completely guess work from someone who's just been spending far too much time around and about this team.

1. The Bills sign a QB. Apparently they worked out Ramsey and someone else yesterday (Can't remember). I could see them signing one, so they have a 3rd QB, for not only this Sunday but possibly another game after the bye.

2. To make room for him on roster, the Bills release Roscoe Peeko Parrish

3. Once Edwards is ready to return, which if after the week after bye would coincide with Hardy also coming off the PUP, I could see the bills activating Hardy and releasing eitiher the QB they just signed or Hamden.. Probably the temp QB.

#2 was my speculation too in my post:
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?p=3033329&postcount=11

Dr. Lecter
10-28-2009, 05:53 AM
I think it is more likely that it was a routine workout and nothing becomes of it.

jamze132
10-28-2009, 06:40 AM
If that turns true, why the **** didn't we trade Roscoe when we had the chance? We could have gotten at least a 5th for his ass.... Now we will get absolutely nothing and a contender will get a freebee. Stay classy Buffalo, stay classy.

Ebenezer
10-28-2009, 06:50 AM
If that turns true, why the **** didn't we trade Roscoe when we had the chance? We could have gotten at least a 5th for his ass.... Now we will get absolutely nothing and a contender will get a freebee. Stay classy Buffalo, stay classy.
the same reason they couldn't get rid of him every time his name has been mentioned in a trade...because nobody wanted him.

patmoran2006
10-28-2009, 07:13 AM
I think it is more likely that it was a routine workout and nothing becomes of it. Very possible. Plenty of players come through the doors for workouts that dont get "leaked" aka reported.

Night Train
10-28-2009, 07:19 AM
I think it is more likely that it was a routine workout and nothing becomes of it.

Maybe but a concussion is something you just don't know about and that indicates Edwards return is further off than we probably think.

Jauron was quick to rule him out of the Houston game, with the bye right around the corner. We're all making a blank assumption he's returning after the bye but the Patrick Ramsey tryout is all too coincidental.

HHURRICANE
10-28-2009, 07:56 AM
It is very unlikely that we would lose two QBs in one game. Trying out some QBs that are sitting at home, as a precaution, is all that they are doing. We don't need to use a roster spot by signing and than releasing them.

When is the FO going to get held accountable for their moronic decision making? I remember a bunch of us on this site, me included, wondering why we needed to extend Parrish?

So we gave him a bunch of money to cut him. Dockery, Walker, and Parrish must be thankiing there lucky stars they ended up in Buffalo.

The Juice Is Loose
10-28-2009, 08:48 AM
the same reason they couldn't get rid of him every time his name has been mentioned in a trade...because nobody wanted him.

because we were the only team dumb enough to extend him...his contract was the main thing stopping teams.

he'll sign with pitt for vet minimum and return 3 punts for td's in the playoffs.

djjimkelly
10-28-2009, 10:53 AM
sadly patrick ramsey would be far the best qb on this roster.

id rather watch him play the 2nd half of the season it would be way more entertaining on offense

jamze132
10-28-2009, 11:26 AM
BS and you know it. We could have gotten something for an elite punt catcher!

bigbub2352
10-28-2009, 11:39 AM
I hope DR is right on this one Ramsey is god awful
how about Garcia and TO would be nice combo even though he called him gay lol

FlyingDutchman
10-28-2009, 11:49 AM
No thank you on another QB from Tulane

patmoran2006
10-28-2009, 11:57 AM
Like I said yesterday, complete speculation and a pure guess

DBrown77
10-28-2009, 12:18 PM
I dont think Roscoe will get cut. We would have traded him for a ham sandwich before cutting him.

Nighthawk
10-28-2009, 12:21 PM
Why would they sign a QB to release Roscoe, just to release the QB when Hardy is ready? Seems like you have too much time on your hands, Pat.

trapezeus
10-28-2009, 12:25 PM
the efficiency of our roster management is just mind bending. We keep three qb's but the second the 3rd qb might have to play, we try out some more players. Why keep him.

We may or may not cut roscoe. He is exactly the same player he was last year. Why now are they concerned about pushing him out? He complained last year, they said they'd work him in and they didn't. He supposedly could run a wildcat effectively and have throwing options, but they didn't do it.

They can the line, come up with a patchwork with Walker to be part of it, but then cut him and bring chambers back, but chambers isn't good enough and they get a practice squader.

The carry a FB who can't play very often, even though the line needs additional blockers to get max protect. We've got a slew of LB's all so crappy that we still needed to go out and get Chris draft.

We sent mckelvin to the IR though he'd be back.

I just don't get what goes on in the coaching staffs mind. Why keep backups if you have no faith or trust in them?

Nighthawk
10-28-2009, 12:29 PM
the efficiency of our roster management is just mind bending. We keep three qb's but the second the 3rd qb might have to play, we try out some more players. Why keep him.

We may or may not cut roscoe. He is exactly the same player he was last year. Why now are they concerned about pushing him out? He complained last year, they said they'd work him in and they didn't. He supposedly could run a wildcat effectively and have throwing options, but they didn't do it.

They can the line, come up with a patchwork with Walker to be part of it, but then cut him and bring chambers back, but chambers isn't good enough and they get a practice squader.

The carry a FB who can't play very often, even though the line needs additional blockers to get max protect. We've got a slew of LB's all so crappy that we still needed to go out and get Chris draft.

We sent mckelvin to the IR though he'd be back.

I just don't get what goes on in the coaching staffs mind. Why keep backups if you have no faith or trust in them?

Because this organization is not a winning organization...they do things that teams that winning is not the top priority do...this is why we are never ready when the injuries come...we never have a backup plan.

TigerJ
10-28-2009, 03:49 PM
The other QB the Bills worked out was a rookie, Mike O'Reilly or something. If O'Reilly is the guy they sign, he, of course, would be practice squad eligible once Trent is cleared to play. If they like him enough, that would be the way they'd go. Ramsey has failed with two teams. I think he's pretty well proven he'll never be a starter.